Gone Girl, movie about evil alpha female

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Paloaltoguy
Freshman Poster

Gone Girl, movie about evil alpha female

Post by Paloaltoguy »

:roll:
Last edited by Paloaltoguy on November 19th, 2014, 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Guts Over Fear
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: In 'Gone Girl', we see what happens when an alpha female

Post by publicduende »

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

WARNING: Spoiler alert, for anyone who might be thinking about seeing the movie (and I do recommend it, rather strongly, actually).

It's odd to see this story twisted into a Nietzschean framework to become a tale of brilliant uberwensch breaking free from the chains of her untermensch husband to forge her destiny via a morality of her own crafting. Anyone not so burdened philosophically could see rather plainly that she wasn't presented as a "socialite," rather as someone who was uncomfortable in her own skin and regarded interpersonal relations of any sort as a chore. Both people were presented as having entered into the marriage through phony personas. Both were "brilliant" in the sense of being glib, but essentially fakes -- quintessential betas, if you will. The marriage was built on falsehoods and pathologies, and went forward into the future on that same basis. And it is meant to be seen as ominous.

It certainly affected me that way, and I got scared peeless at the thought of marrying a "brilliant" woman unmoored from traditional belief systems (e.g., Christianity). Scared because I tend to overvalue "intelligence." The closest I've come to getting married was to bright, glib women with control agendas. It's a quality I'll try not to overrate in the future.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Gone Girl, movie about alpha female

Post by Winston »

I'm watching it now. It's engrossing and over two hours. But it's unrealistic. Tons of people and the media would not care about a friendless woman, and women are not good at juggling hundreds of details and making them consistent when they pull off a con. Women are only good liars with their mouth and words and face. But not at making data consistent and believable.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

The premise was that she was a nationally renowned writer with a large following, to whom her character was endearing. Hence the media attention.
BlackKnight
Junior Poster

Post by BlackKnight »

gsjackson wrote:WARNING: Spoiler alert, for anyone who might be thinking about seeing the movie (and I do recommend it, rather strongly, actually).

It's odd to see this story twisted into a Nietzschean framework to become a tale of brilliant uberwensch breaking free from the chains of her untermensch husband to forge her destiny via a morality of her own crafting. Anyone not so burdened philosophically could see rather plainly that she wasn't presented as a "socialite," rather as someone who was uncomfortable in her own skin and regarded interpersonal relations of any sort as a chore. Both people were presented as having entered into the marriage through phony personas. Both were "brilliant" in the sense of being glib, but essentially fakes -- quintessential betas, if you will. The marriage was built on falsehoods and pathologies, and went forward into the future on that same basis. And it is meant to be seen as ominous.

It certainly affected me that way, and I got scared peeless at the thought of marrying a "brilliant" woman unmoored from traditional belief systems (e.g., Christianity). Scared because I tend to overvalue "intelligence." The closest I've come to getting married was to bright, glib women with control agendas. It's a quality I'll try not to overrate in the future.
That's very interesting Jackson, but ultimately wrong. She was not presented as someone 'uncomfortable' in her own skin. That's rather silly. She was presented as strong-willed thinker with profound self-mastery and self-awareness with a clear perception of her strengths, weaknesses, thoughts, beliefs, motivation, and emotions. In other words, she actually understood her mind i.e how it can make us feel fear, love, hate, anger, joy, etc. She was not being phony, only dumb people have no awareness of how things work in their head. A smart person can turn on different mental resources to create their state of mind.
Last edited by BlackKnight on May 15th, 2015, 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlackKnight
Junior Poster

Post by BlackKnight »

Winston wrote:I'm watching it now. It's engrossing and over two hours. But it's unrealistic. Tons of people and the media would not care about a friendless woman, and women are not good at juggling hundreds of details and making them consistent when they pull off a con. Women are only good liars with their mouth and words and face. But not at making data consistent and believable.
Ahah, you mean that they wouldn't care about you. You never heard of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Peterson ??

Women are just as bright as men. You just date lower end women and then naively generalize them all to be the same.
Last edited by BlackKnight on May 15th, 2015, 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The
Junior Poster

Post by The »

BlackKnight wrote:
Winston wrote:I'm watching it now. It's engrossing and over two hours. But it's unrealistic. Tons of people and the media would not care about a friendless woman, and women are not good at juggling hundreds of details and making them consistent when they pull off a con. Women are only good liars with their mouth and words and face. But not at making data consistent and believable.
Ahah, you mean that wouldn't care about you. You never heard of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Peterson ??

Women are just as bright as men. You just date lower end women and naively generalize them all to be the same.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

BlackKnight wrote:
Ahah, you mean that they wouldn't care about you. You never heard of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Peterson ??

Women are just as bright as men. You just date lower end women and then naively generalize them all to be the same.
No they aren't. I'm talking about American women. They suck when it comes to covering up lies because they contradict themselves too much and expose their own lies. How come women almost never make good leaders? How come women CEOs like Marissa Mayers of yahoo suck and run their company to the ground? How come there's no female equivalent of Einstein or Leonardo da vinci?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I just finished watching it last night. The ending sucked. She didn't get exposed or arrested. It just left you hanging. Stupid.

That guy she killed who gave her a million dollar secluded house was really stupid too. What a dufus. Why would a millionaire do all that for a woman who looks over the hill? And how would she be able to cut his throat during sex so easily and quickly? She's not a trained assassin or ninja. She's just a wicked American woman.

Here's is what my girlfriend in China had to say about the movie after watching it because I told her about it. She's spot on and good at seeing the truth isn't she?

[5/16, 11:18 AM] LSY Dongguan: The movie is ironic and funny.
[5/16, 11:20 AM] LSY Dongguan: Asshole parents cultivate asshole daughter,who living under the shadows of amazing Amy.
[5/16, 11:28 AM] LSY Dongguan: Upper class people are all drunk but lower people awake and rob Amy.how sarcastic!
[5/16, 12:16 PM] LSY Dongguan: But the director works too hard.It's too deliberately too complicated,not natural
[5/16, 12:20 PM] LSY Dongguan: I don't like the hug pose they act as gone with the wind.
[5/16, 12:36 PM] LSY Dongguan: Marriage is moral hijack.once step into marriage,you have to be or pretend to be loyal forever.and the public will thumbs up even you are evil
[5/16, 12:38 PM] LSY Dongguan: I delete it.It's not worth blue ray.

BlackKnight
Junior Poster

Post by BlackKnight »

Winston wrote:
BlackKnight wrote:

No they aren't. I'm talking about American women. They suck when it comes to covering up lies because they contradict themselves too much and expose their own lies. How come women almost never make good leaders? How come women CEOs like Marissa Mayers of yahoo suck and run their company to the ground? How come there's no female equivalent of Einstein or Leonardo da vinci?
Nonsense, American women in the top-tier are some of the smartest women on earth. You just don't have access to them because you're a lower-tier man :/

"How come women almost never make good leaders? How come women CEOs like Marissa Mayers of yahoo suck and run their company to the ground? How come there's no female equivalent of Einstein or Leonardo da vinci?"

First off, define "good". The single biggest reason men hold positions of power is that biologically they are driven to be more ambitious and take more risks than women. Testosterone drives risk-taking, domineering, powerful behavior. Guess which gender has exponentially more testosterone? Moreover, that also explains why there's no female equivalent of Einstein or Leonardo da vinci. To challenge the status quo requires courage, balls or some brain enhancer virus or bacteria. The truth is that if you get a particularly nasty virus when you are young, then you are a prime suspect for developing the overactive brain that is edging towards the schizophrenia brain patterns depending on which proteins are over or under produced once the virus starts operating it's control functions. Notice women don't get Asperger as much as men? Women's brains are actually better structured than men. I'll explain that later.

To summarize, Amy (in the film) was cognizant of her own mental coherence level, where the thoughts were coming from (memory traces and what triggered their activations) and almost what part of her brain they were interacting with, i.e. how many other thought patterns were active and competing for space in the consciousness processes. So she decided to punish her weak, beta husband with his low consciousness level. Maybe you should pick up a copy of super brain?

Mostly everything he says can be found in philosophy books 600 years old. This is why I find most people who have never studied philosophy uneducated.

Q. How would you define super brain?

A. It's the brain you have now but maximized. Everyone uses the brain at every moment, but we use it unconsciously. We let it run in the background without realizing the power we have to reshape the brain. When you begin to exercise your power, the everyday brain, which we call the baseline brain, starts to move in the direction of super brain.

Q. The power to reshape the brain—can you be more specific?

A. It means being more mindful of your own thoughts and feelings and becoming more proactive in taking charge of your brain. Each of us plays four roles in relation to the brain. We lead, we inspire, we invent, and we use it. Most people do not actively use their brains. They passively let their feelings and thoughts control their lives. Or they only use their brains without giving it much inspiration or leadership. They don't invent new ways to use their brains, either, settling instead for the same routine and repetitive thoughts every day. But if you master all four roles, you create your super brain. The bottom line is that you when you are the active observer of your feelings and thoughts, you become the user of your brain. Your super brain then serves you, not vice versa.

Q. How did you hit upon this power to create super brain?

A. Directly from breakthroughs in neuroscience. Modern brain-scan technology has revealed that each person shapes a completely unique brain. Other studies have documented the amazing regenerative ability of the brain, which can be reshaped by the power of your mind to bring you the world you desire. Knowing that, the obvious question arose: Why not use your mind to create the brain you want, using conscious choice?
Last edited by BlackKnight on May 16th, 2015, 3:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
BlackKnight
Junior Poster

Post by BlackKnight »

Winston wrote:I just finished watching it last night. The ending sucked. She didn't get exposed or arrested. It just left you hanging. Stupid.

That guy she killed who gave her a million dollar secluded house was really stupid too. What a dufus. Why would a millionaire do all that for a woman who looks over the hill? And how would she be able to cut his throat during sex so easily and quickly? She's not a trained assassin or ninja. She's just a wicked American woman.

Here's is what my girlfriend in China had to say about the movie after watching it because I told her about it. She's spot on and good at seeing the truth isn't she?

[5/16, 11:18 AM] LSY Dongguan: The movie is ironic and funny.
[5/16, 11:20 AM] LSY Dongguan: Asshole parents cultivate asshole daughter,who living under the shadows of amazing Amy.
[5/16, 11:28 AM] LSY Dongguan: Upper class people are all drunk but lower people awake and rob Amy.how sarcastic!
[5/16, 12:16 PM] LSY Dongguan: But the director works too hard.It's too deliberately too complicated,not natural
[5/16, 12:20 PM] LSY Dongguan: I don't like the hug pose they act as gone with the wind.
[5/16, 12:36 PM] LSY Dongguan: Marriage is moral hijack.once step into marriage,you have to be or pretend to be loyal forever.and the public will thumbs up even you are evil
[5/16, 12:38 PM] LSY Dongguan: I delete it.It's not worth blue ray.
"The ending sucked. She didn't get exposed or arrested. It just left you hanging. Stupid."

The ending was perfect, lower-tier people are no match for higher beings.

"Why would a millionaire do all that for a woman who looks over the hill? And how would she be able to cut his throat during sex so easily and quickly? She's not a trained assassin or ninja."

First love and intellectual match? Sex is not intercourse without communication patterns that stimulate the mind — the brain is the largest sex organ by mass, not to mention sensory perception and feedback, creativity and desire and planning etc.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Gone Girl, movie about evil alpha female

Post by Winston »

BlackKnight,
Are you an american woman? I've met many of them who think they are smart but they aren't. I've beaten them in debate and left them scornful that I didn't let them win. They feel entitled to win all arguments with men and I didn't comply so they were left scowling with disdain.

I'm sure we've all met American women like that. I've met plenty of smart women in Russia and eastern Europe. But not in America. Depends on your definition of smart too.

I'm not a low tier male. Beta males do not start movements and write books that I do. They do not challenge convention or free themselves from caring about what others think. It's just that I do not seek power. What's upper tier to you? You mean in terms of power and wealth?

If American women are so smart how come they suck in chess? How come all the female chess champions are Russian or eastern European? There are no American women chess champions. Why?

How come women can't fly commercial airlines like 747s? How come women can't win battles as military generals? The only woman who won battles on the field while commanding armies was joan of arc, but that was in the 1400s. How come no women have been able to do so since then? How come women weren't involved in organizing or planning the operation of D-day during WWII? How come when you go to the auto mechanic, there are no women mechanics there to fix your car? How come most Nobel prize winners are men? How come all the greatest philosophers are men? Except for Ayn Rand and Madame Blavatsky, those are exceptions.

Etc.

See how silly your statement is that women are smarter than men? Sure women can connect dots because they have more synapses in their brain. That's why they are good at interior decoration and design and fashion. And they have good intuition too. But there are many things they suck at, as in the examples above.

That movie was fiction. Not realistic at all. In real life if you murder someone like that, the police will usually figure it out. Every murderer leaves clues. There's no such thing as the perfect murder.

BlackKnight
Junior Poster

Post by BlackKnight »

I tend to use the term "smart" for people who are quick witted and use what they know with high accuracy - smart enough to pass tests that require quick and correct answers. Remember "computer" was a term originally applied to human workers doing math work. Smart or knowledgeable or intelligent all just apply to utilizing what is learned to some set of problems.. Knowledgeable is just how much one learns and can reference, not necessarily useable level of knowledge though as so many college students seem to demonstrate. And intelligence, without a qualifier, is just a term applied to knowing enough to survive in an environment; any agent that doesn't make the cut isn't very intelligent.

You talk about books and movements but It is amazingly less complex than you might imagine, once you get beyond the realms of the dimensions. Many times over, the elements are simply repeated and mesh without end until the same patterns re-emerge... This is why I can say that the P=NP "problems" people present are actually lacking in the true depth of creativity to be solved as P problems because they are too freaking small samples i.e. they only deal with dimensionality within 3d, i.e. no NP problem can be thought of that if represented correctly could not be placed in a P 3d solution space that if properly represented in 4d would not be NP! But it requires that one actually think of truly complex NP problems before one realizes this and most NP problems are incompletely specified and horrendously flawed when computed as a "proof" of their approximate NP'ness, aka lack of dimensional completeness or just simply a poor approximation of typicality by virtue of the mathematical flaws inherited by incomplete axioms. If I wanted to actually prove this, it'd be worth a $1million ;)

"How come women weren't involved in organizing or planning the operation of D-day during WWII?"

The same reason no mexicans or jews were there = white male only party. Moreover, I didn't say women were smarter than men. I said that were just as smart.

"That movie was fiction. Not realistic at all. In real life if you murder someone like that, the police will usually figure it out. Every murderer leaves clues. There's no such thing as the perfect murder."

Lol, so now it isn't realistic because police usually figure out murders. Yeah, like Ted Kennedy. He killed some chick and went to a party after
BlackKnight
Junior Poster

Post by BlackKnight »

National clearance rates for murder and manslaughter have fallen from about 90 percent in the 1960s to below 65 percent in recent years. The majority of homicides now go unsolved at dozens of big-city police departments, according to a Scripps Howard News Service study of crime records provided by the FBI

http://anepigone.blogspot.com/2013/01/r ... state.html