Why do movie critics always LOVE and rate movies about gays and cross dressers so highly?

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Winston
Site Admin

Why do movie critics always LOVE and rate movies about gays and cross dressers so highly?

Post by Winston »

I just saw this movie from 1985 called "Kiss of the Spider Woman" starring William Hurt, because it's rated so highly on IMDB.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089424/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

When I watched it I thought, this is friggin weird and bizarre. Why are weird movies like this rated so highly? What is everyone thinking?

Then it finally hit me. William Hurt's character was a gay cross dresser, a man acting and dressing like a feminine woman. That must be the key. For some strange reason, Hollywood and movie critics love that. Even if the movie is mediocre they will rate it very highly just for being gay or transgender-like alone. That's pretty sick. What a weird barometer. Why does Hollywood and movie critics love gays so much? What's the logic behind that? What's the motive? Why do movie critics never get repulsed by that? It's as if they see movies about gays and cross dressers as "very progressive, groundbreaking, transgressing" etc. WTF?

If you think about it, the pattern seems to be true. For example, Mrs. Doubtfire (starring Robin Williams) and Tootsie (starring Dustin Hoffman) were cross dressing movies where a man dresses up as a lady too. And they are highly rated too.

And that gay cowboy movie "Brokeback Mountain" was very lame and boring and uneventful and had dull acting too, yet was highly rated by critics and won a lot of academy awards. For what?! Just for being gay? That's a stupid reason. That movie wasn't even entertaining, unlike Tootsie or Mrs. Doubtfire, which were at least a little entertaining. But Brokeback Mountain sucked. The characters were stupid and uninteresting. The only reason it seems, for being highly rated, was because it had a gay theme between two cowboys. Oh wow. Yipee. So amazing! (sarcastic) Not.

What is so special about gays? I don't get the fascination. Especially since most movie critics are not gay themselves, so why the fascination? Why the love of degeneracy and flipping society upside down and inverting nature? Really sick and weird and illogical. Can anyone explain?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why do movie critics always LOVE and rate movies about gays and cross dressers so highly?

Post by MrMan »

On this forum, if you say gay and transvestite is disgusting, some posters might accuse you of being gay for finding that disgusting. But I agree with you. I don't want to watch movies about that.

The only one of those movies I saw was Ms. Doubtfire, a so-so comedy. Robin Williams was dressing like an old woman to spend time with his kids, maybe get back with his wife. I don't remember the details. It wasn't a great movie.

Maybe the reason for this is because a lot of the people involved in the movie industry are either gay or left-wingers who think society needs to be more 'woke', so if a movie promotes a gay character in a positive light, they think that moves society in the way they want it to go.

They also might be focusing on how hard it is for an actor to pull off playing a character than whether the movie is actually entertaining. Plenty of movies get high ratings from critics that are hard to sit through for lack of entertainment value.

I was just thinking of one of the worst movie experiences I've had in recent years. I put in a DVD of 'Mother!' a few years back. The movie was so bad, I watched it just to give the movie a chance to get batter. Surely it wasn't going to be as bad as this. I should have turned it off, but it was so bad, I couldn't believe it would continue to be that bad, so I left it on. It was so lousy, I felt like the producers owed me money for sitting through it. Somehow, on Rotten Tomatoes, the audience managed to get a 50% rating. But the movie critics gave it 69%. The movie was a string of incomprehensible unrealistic scenes, and people ate a baby in the movie. It was just a bunch of mentally deranged looking nonsense. But it still got 69% from the critics.

In Indonesia, I heard Lala Land won Academy awards. There was a mixup with another movie, Moonlight. They announced Lala Land for their award and had to fix it and have Lala Landers leave and bring up the Moonlight crew. I knew Lala land was about LA. I hadn't read any entertainment news and knew nothing about Moonlight except the cast was black from their coming up on stage at the academy awards. I watched Lala land. Rotten Tomatoes has critics listed as giving it 91% and audiences 81%. I don't get why audiences liked it so much. I understand actors and movie critics rating movies highly that are about the struggles of their craft, but it was kind of a dull film. When they turned into dancing sillouhettes against a purple background, I got rid of that. I put in Moonlighting, then saw some black boy kiss another black boy. I turned that garbage off. Why would anyone want to watch a movie about that? I don't know if it was well acted or not, but i figure it got an academy award because it was about black gays, a double minority, and they considered it to be what is now called 'woke.'
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Re: Why do movie critics always LOVE and rate movies about gays and cross dressers so highly?

Post by WorldTraveler »

Like The Crying Game? The penis scene. Winston, make sure you see that one.
Winston wrote:
April 14th, 2020, 9:35 pm
What is so special about gays? I don't get the fascination. Especially since most movie critics are not gay themselves, so why the fascination? Why the love of degeneracy and flipping society upside down and inverting nature? Really sick and weird and illogical. Can anyone explain?
Because half of the actors are gay! "Broke Back Mountain" was very boring!
MrMan wrote:
April 16th, 2020, 10:57 am
On this forum, if you say gay and transvestite is disgusting, some posters might accuse you of being gay for finding that disgusting. But I agree with you. I don't want to watch movies about that.

The only one of those movies I saw was Ms. Doubtfire, a so-so comedy. Robin Williams was dressing like an old woman to spend time with his kids, maybe get back with his wife. I don't remember the details. It wasn't a great movie.

Maybe the reason for this is because a lot of the people involved in the movie industry are either gay or left-wingers who think society needs to be more 'woke', so if a movie promotes a gay character in a positive light, they think that moves society in the way they want it to go.

They also might be focusing on how hard it is for an actor to pull off playing a character than whether the movie is actually entertaining. Plenty of movies get high ratings from critics that are hard to sit through for lack of entertainment value.

I was just thinking of one of the worst movie experiences I've had in recent years. I put in a DVD of 'Mother!' a few years back. The movie was so bad, I watched it just to give the movie a chance to get batter. Surely it wasn't going to be as bad as this. I should have turned it off, but it was so bad, I couldn't believe it would continue to be that bad, so I left it on. It was so lousy, I felt like the producers owed me money for sitting through it. Somehow, on Rotten Tomatoes, the audience managed to get a 50% rating. But the movie critics gave it 69%. The movie was a string of incomprehensible unrealistic scenes, and people ate a baby in the movie. It was just a bunch of mentally deranged looking nonsense. But it still got 69% from the critics.

In Indonesia, I heard Lala Land won Academy awards. There was a mixup with another movie, Moonlight. They announced Lala Land for their award and had to fix it and have Lala Landers leave and bring up the Moonlight crew. I knew Lala land was about LA. I hadn't read any entertainment news and knew nothing about Moonlight except the cast was black from their coming up on stage at the academy awards. I watched Lala land. Rotten Tomatoes has critics listed as giving it 91% and audiences 81%. I don't get why audiences liked it so much. I understand actors and movie critics rating movies highly that are about the struggles of their craft, but it was kind of a dull film. When they turned into dancing sillouhettes against a purple background, I got rid of that. I put in Moonlighting, then saw some black boy kiss another black boy. I turned that garbage off. Why would anyone want to watch a movie about that? I don't know if it was well acted or not, but i figure it got an academy award because it was about black gays, a double minority, and they considered it to be what is now called 'woke.'
I have to agree with you, that Hollywood is pushing an agenda. They seldom select the best movies anymore. They select what promotes their woke agenda. La La Land was so boring I cut it off after a few minutes. Half of the movies that win Academy Awards I don't even like any more. I did like 2019 - "Green Book" and 2018 - "The Shape of Water."