Wow who's this blonde with such a beautiful voice from 1970?

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Winston
Site Admin

Wow who's this blonde with such a beautiful voice from 1970?

Post by Winston »

I can't believe I never even heard of her!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3iDFmHT6_o

She looks and sounds like an angel. So gorgeous too. I can't believe she wasn't more famous, since I never heard of her.

But she did sing with Paul McCartney, so she must have been famous back then.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

Mary Hopkin is only famous for one song: "The Tavern (Those Were the Days)", which is an anglicized version of an old Russian ballad. One of the comments I found for "The Tavern" explains it this way:

"The melody is indeed Russian but Those were the days is not a translation from the Russian song Dorogoy Dlinnoyu which means along a long road. An American Gene Raskin, wrote the lyrics for the song Those were the days using the music from Fomins Dorogoy Dlinnoyu. The song in Russian Дорогой длинною, was written by Boris Fomin in the early 1900's with words by the poet Konstantin Podrevskii. Raskins lyrics are not a literal translation from Podrevskiis."
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

That's Mary Hopkin who was signed to The Beatles Apple Records. This song was written by Paul McCartney and is from 1968, her other big hit being Those Were the Days. She married Tony Visconti in 1971 and retired from show business. She was 18 or 19 at the time she recorded 'Goodbye'.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

The guy she married must have been one lucky bastard. lol

Can you all see on her face and demeanor that American women seemed more innocent looking back in 1970, as compared to now?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne