The Disappearing Male

Discuss science and technology topics here.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

The Disappearing Male

Post by Mr S »

The Disappearing Male is a CBC documentary about one of the most important, and least publicized, issues facing the human species: the toxic threat to the male reproductive system. The last few decades have seen steady and dramatic increases in the incidence of boys and young men suffering from genital deformities, low sperm count, sperm abnormalities and testicular cancer. At the same time, boys are now far more at risk of suffering from ADHD, autism, Tourette's syndrome, cerebral palsy, and dyslexia. The Disappearing Male takes a close and disturbing look at what many doctors and researchers now suspect are responsible for many of these problems: a class of common chemicals that are ubiquitous in our world. Found in everything from shampoo, sunglasses, meat and dairy products, carpet, cosmetics and baby bottles, they are called "hormone mimicking" or "endocrine disrupting" chemicals and they may be starting to damage the most basic building blocks of human development.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... ring&hl=en#
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
adam917
Freshman Poster

Post by adam917 »

I just watched this and even though I fully agree with the problems and the possibilities of the exposure to these chemicals, there really isn't much of a solution besides cutting down or eliminating the use of them wherever possible. Otherwise, the only solution, if it even is one at this point, is to revert back to a pre-industrial world. I guess there are simply bound to be unknown drawbacks to any choice we make just as there are bound to be benefits. We now live longer than ever, more people make it to age 100+ for instance. I take it we just don't have the technology yet to examine and take into account every possibility of every choice for the stuff we make and deal with. We may have it someday, but like any future development, it will not be us that are currently living who will benefit from its effects, but future generations, which is something that is difficult for most of our current culture to accept.

I admit it myself: I find it hard to accept that most of the big infrastructure projects and major life-changing technological breakthroughs we'll see start taking off in the coming decades, I won't be around to appreciate personally. Perhaps when I get older I'll become more accepting of that fact...
dano
Freshman Poster

Post by dano »

I never watch CBC (Canadian Brainwashing Corporation) documentaries, most of the information 90% bullshit. Its extremely biased and they always have "Women Experts" on hand to make sense of the problem. The idea that male health is under assault is true, however I don't buy the idea that no one knew what effect these chemicals have on people.

Like China, western countries have there own depopulation agenda, they just go about it in different ways. Birth control, abortions, toxic chemicals, vaccines, feminism etc... get the job done for those of us living in "free" countries.