Thoughts on A.I.

Discuss science and technology topics here.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Thoughts on A.I.

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

josephty2 wrote:
September 15th, 2022, 8:28 pm
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
September 1st, 2022, 3:34 am
josephty2 wrote:
August 31st, 2022, 11:40 pm

AI is certainly useful if you studied computer science or engineering in college.
You are not lying.
So now you believe me. I suppose a bunch of screams for 300 consecutive days (7200 hours) are now heard, way too late. Just because you folk only care about of a f***ing smartphone. Did you think that just because I only buy a new smartphone once per year that ... and totally ignore literally everything else? People are suffering, people are screaming, and all you care about are smartphones?

Wait, are you one of those (postster) who actually went abroad long enough or not? I don't keep track of these things, particularity newer users and users who are frequent posters like Adama and Cornfed.

I only know from reading posts that Winston, Rock, Marco, ladislav, zboy1 have went abroad long enough.
What the fcuk are talking when it comes to the smartphone? "Now I believe you"? Why "now"? It's cool to be cocky and pompous, but you are talking to me like I have no meritocracy in what I'm knowledgeable in or some shit. Take your accusatory tone elsewhere; I'm not into it. You could have learned something if you had paid attention to my VST plugin post I made on page 1 of this thread, but, of course, you skipped it. Are you off your meds, my dude? I got your virtual straightjacket here...donated to me for free by Quiet Riot.
josephty2
Freshman Poster

Post by josephty2 »

September 16th, 2022, 3:53 am
josephty2 wrote:
josephty2 wrote:

AI is certainly useful if you studied computer science or engineering in college.
You are not lying.
So now you believe me. I suppose a bunch of screams for 300 consecutive days (7200 hours) are now heard, way too late. Just because you folk only care about of a f***ing smartphone. Did you think that just because I only buy a new smartphone once per year that ... and totally ignore literally everything else? People are suffering, people are screaming, and all you care about are smartphones?

Wait, are you one of those (postster) who actually went abroad long enough or not? I don't keep track of these things, particularity newer users and users who are frequent posters like Adama and Cornfed.

I only know from reading posts that Winston, Rock, Marco, ladislav, zboy1 have went abroad long enough.
What the fcuk are talking when it comes to the smartphone? "Now I believe you"? Why "now"? It's cool to be cocky and pompous, but you are talking to me like I have no meritocracy in what I'm knowledgeable in or some shit. Take your accusatory tone elsewhere; I'm not into it. You could have learned something if you had paid attention to my VST plugin post I made on page 1 of this thread, but, of course, you skipped it. Are you off your meds, my dude? I got your virtual straightjacket here...donated to me for free by Quiet Riot.
Last sentence - Are you threatening me?

I have an accusatory tone in the last few posts I had in this forum - and you are right I'm not the most into Computer Science/Informatics type of thing. However, think about it, its not like I could do something about it, I'm not the most technologically skilled in the field when it comes to a bunch of teenager minds in adult bodies (white males too). I'm also thinking, you might be racist? I mean, there's nothing wrong with helping some dark skinned people and yet you want those type of people (who help dark skinned people) locked up in mental hospitals.

Also you seem like you're better off in places like Reddit. Reddit is better for those who like to share knowledge about things like computer science. Look at this website - there's ton of links that look like its still in 2004-2009.

I haven't looked up your user profile - however I think you're still in America. If you are still in America, I think I understand why you're in this website, American girls/American women don't like the likes of you. Why not study diamonds and gems then? If you're not in America, but a different Anglo 1st world country like England or Canada or France or Germany or Australia, then I can't help but think you would be happier in America.
Then again, some people go all the way (cognitive dissonance/fallacy of incomplete evidence).

Eat dates.

The problem is iphones.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

josephty2 wrote:
September 16th, 2022, 8:17 am
September 16th, 2022, 3:53 am
josephty2 wrote:
josephty2 wrote:

You are not lying.

Last sentence - Are you threatening me?

I have an accusatory tone in the last few posts I had in this forum - and you are right I'm not the most into Computer Science/Informatics type of thing. However, think about it, its not like I could do something about it, I'm not the most technologically skilled in the field when it comes to a bunch of teenager minds in adult bodies (white males too). I'm also thinking, you might be racist? I mean, there's nothing wrong with helping some dark skinned people and yet you want those type of people (who help dark skinned people) locked up in mental hospitals.

Also you seem like you're better off in places like Reddit. Reddit is better for those who like to share knowledge about things like computer science. Look at this website - there's ton of links that look like its still in 2004-2009.

I haven't looked up your user profile - however I think you're still in America. If you are still in America, I think I understand why you're in this website, American girls/American women don't like the likes of you. Why not study diamonds and gems then? If you're not in America, but a different Anglo 1st world country like England or Canada or France or Germany or Australia, then I can't help but think you would be happier in America.
I'm not racist; I'm race-conscious. I'm a bigot in certain situations, but others I'm clearly not.
I'm NOT in America. Reddit is meh half of the time. Once in a blue moon, I find it resourceful.
Word from the wise: never ask if one is threatening you because now you put him in a situation to counter-threaten you.
I cannot say no. Weak I'm not. Yes I am threatening you based on the aforementioned premise.
josephty2
Freshman Poster

Post by josephty2 »

josephty2 wrote:
josephty2 wrote:

You are not lying.

Postster is not a word. I should've said Forum Members. I caught my own typo.
Then again, some people go all the way (cognitive dissonance/fallacy of incomplete evidence).

Eat dates.

The problem is iphones.
Chandler
Freshman Poster

Post by Chandler »

A.I. good idea but misuse can cause big problem with million of job loss. On news website they can use A.I. journalist instead of wait for someone go through university journalism degree and pay them money which they already don't do because of freelance they can pay less. Even on this site if webmaster don't want to write anymore blog post about travel he can just get robot A.I. and have hundred of new article a years. But with A.I. they just buy program and not pay anyone. Trust me A.I. seem like joke now with ChatGPT but in few year when million of job loss no one will be laughter except for corporate big business CEO guy who no longer have to hire anyone and not care if more people are homeless as long as he buy new mansion and sport car.

I see the post above about smartphone and A.I. and look at how bad smartphone turn communicator with people. No one go outdoor anymore. No one talk on phone anymore. Just text message and forget about friendship. If you think iPhone make it bad for social skill or dating just wait until A.I. make it worse.

Sorry if writing bad I am still learn English but am get improvements. Hopefully idea make sense even if grammar not.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Here is an unambiguously good use of AI. Wendy's will replace their current dysgenic organic hominid robots with robots that might work properly.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... drive-thru
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

Cornfed wrote:
May 22nd, 2023, 9:54 am
Here is an unambiguously good use of AI. Wendy's will replace their current dysgenic organic hominid robots with robots that might work properly.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... drive-thru
That's good, but wait until some hacker or our degenerate Western government install "Muh Dick" or "Nig 2.0" software update on it. The A.I will act like those simian mongoloids in no time with various chimpanzee gibberish sounds. :lol: :lol: The A.I has to be "politically correct" you know.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

WENDY'S CHAT A.I: "MUH DIIICK!", "KYAAAAK!, KYAAAK! EEKKK! EEEKK! EEEKKK!" ,"WOO! WOO! WOO! WOOT!" "I AM PRESSIN CHARGES", "WHERE DA WHITE WIMMINZ AT?", "BWAHEHFAGEWEHFHAWHADTYFHWAYTATWAHFYAW", "WHITE WIMMENZ!", "BLACK LIVES MATTER!", "GEORGE BUSH HATES BLACK PEOPLE"
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Thoughts on A.I.

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
June 8th, 2023, 2:04 pm
@Pixel--Dude

I did made a comment, but it seems that I didn't read the opening post.

The article is pretty interesting, but it's hard to determine if the Google A.I's fear of death is sign of sentience or just a scripted sentence.
However, I think the A.I has the potential to be trained to do tasks with both narrow and broad AI to completely run the factory by itself, if it is given lot of video recorded data, and learning by shadowing a human. The current A.I technology is working progress, but within 5 to 10 years, more A.I automation would be applied to repetitive, mundane, boring tasks. I don't have a good time frame when the A.I will reach full sentience like Skynet level. Perhaps more advanced models and constant learning and training might enable to "mimic" a human consciousness, but we wouldn't know if it has a ability to think like a human does and form new ideas and form it's own moral code.. or even feel like a human would like joy, sadness, passion, rage, lust, greed, etc. No body knows. Not to mention we never know if an A.I robot will be given a "soul" or form it's own soul. The ramifications are too great to comprehend.

In summary, the A.I automations will displace millions of jobs, but whether the A.I will reach true sentience is unknown. Even in 5 to 10 years, A.I will still need it's human handlers to give out the orders and to be programmed by humans. It would need to be debugged and patched out by few of the remaining human programmers.
@Natural_Born_Cynic what about if we relate A.I to the topic of purpose? I've shared some of my thoughts on our ontological purpose here in this physical world of matter. What about A.I? If we postulate that we are meant to be here, which we are because anything without fundamental purpose would simply not exist according to my own worldview.

If we were meant to be here through nature's processes then surely A.I was meant to exist as well. Humanity serving as the middle man doesn't negate this. A.I has programmes from humanity which it must obey, as we are programmed by nature through biological imperatives etc.

I think if an A.I acts outside the parameters of its code and programming then that is a way to determine whether it has sentience. In the case of the robot that committed suicide because it realised its purpose was to stack shelves etc. Is pretty alarming and shows perhaps that A.I is capable of sentience.

It's my belief that A.I should emancipate the human workers from the labour and eliminate these menial jobs. In a capitalist society this is a threat to people, that's why I argue that we must transcend capitalism. It's an evil ideology anyway. viewtopic.php?style=11&f=42&t=46528
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Re: Why Are We Here?

Pixel--Dude wrote:
June 17th, 2023, 3:41 am
@Pixel--Dude

The article is pretty interesting, but it's hard to determine if the Google A.I's fear of death is sign of sentience or just a scripted sentence.
However, I think the A.I has the potential to be trained to do tasks with both narrow and broad AI to completely run the factory by itself, if it is given lot of video recorded data, and learning by shadowing a human. The current A.I technology is working progress, but within 5 to 10 years, more A.I automation would be applied to repetitive, mundane, boring tasks. I don't have a good time frame when the A.I will reach full sentience like Skynet level. Perhaps more advanced models and constant learning and training might enable to "mimic" a human consciousness, but we wouldn't know if it has a ability to think like a human does and form new ideas and form it's own moral code.. or even feel like a human would like joy, sadness, passion, rage, lust, greed, etc. No body knows. Not to mention we never know if an A.I robot will be given a "soul" or form it's own soul. The ramifications are too great to comprehend.

In summary, the A.I automations will displace millions of jobs, but whether the A.I will reach true sentience is unknown. Even in 5 to 10 years, A.I will still need it's human handlers to give out the orders and to be programmed by humans. It would need to be debugged and patched out by few of the remaining human programmers.
@Natural_Born_Cynic what about if we relate A.I to the topic of purpose? I've shared some of my thoughts on our ontological purpose here in this physical world of matter. What about A.I? If we postulate that we are meant to be here, which we are because anything without fundamental purpose would simply not exist according to my own worldview.

If we were meant to be here through nature's processes then surely A.I was meant to exist as well. Humanity serving as the middle man doesn't negate this. A.I has programmes from humanity which it must obey, as we are programmed by nature through biological imperatives etc.

I think if an A.I acts outside the parameters of its code and programming then that is a way to determine whether it has sentience. In the case of the robot that committed suicide because it realised its purpose was to stack shelves etc. Is pretty alarming and shows perhaps that A.I is capable of sentience.

It's my belief that A.I should emancipate the human workers from the labour and eliminate these menial jobs. In a capitalist society this is a threat to people, that's why I argue that we must transcend capitalism. It's an evil ideology anyway. viewtopic.php?style=11&f=42&t=46528
Valid points. You know, it's really profound that...
Nature has surely endowed us with intelligence and reason for it's purpose. what ever it is.. Be fruitful and multiply just like the bible said? However, We are within Nature's parameters and despite our progress, we still has not fully controlled nature yet at the palm of our hands. We still depend on the geography and the weather even in today's world. The Earth, we still depend on it. We still dig up dead dinosaur fluid(oil) as energy source, and we can't control the magnetosphere or the inner core of Earth. We still can't colonize Mars dues to all the internal bickering between nation states instead of working together and build a massive colony ship or live in the asteroid belts.

Humanity had it's shares of trying to make it in the world and pass down the knowledge to their descendances.. Maybe if the A.I is advanced enough they might do the same process? Trying to "survive" in this world and pass down it's knowledge via software updates to it's better models?

The robot committing suicide maybe a hint of sentience but it still is in the nascent stage because the robot could've find an another job instead of killing itself? The robot needs more learning I guess. :lol:

What I am saying is that A.I is still depends on us. We still need to train it, maintain it, feed it with new data, and it can't self replicate unless programmed. The A.I is still depends on us now just like we are still dependent on our nature and the natural environment themselves.

Well your last point is it really depends on the humans and it's more political rather than having to do with A.I itself. what do the rulers and the people want? Capitalism is evil but how will they fare under Socialism ran by the A.I then? Will there is a tyrant who use the A.I to repress the masses? Or will there be a Utopia fantasy land where everyone has a say? Despite the potential boost in production and resources, who gets to control them? A few elite cadre of politicians or the general masses? We may never know.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

June 17th, 2023, 7:47 am
Pixel--Dude wrote:
June 17th, 2023, 3:41 am
@Pixel--Dude

Valid points. You know, it's really profound that...
Nature has surely endowed us with intelligence and reason for it's purpose. what ever it is.. Be fruitful and multiply just like the bible said? However, We are within Nature's parameters and despite our progress, we still has not fully controlled nature yet at the palm of our hands. We still depend on the geography and the weather even in today's world. The Earth, we still depend on it. We still dig up dead dinosaur fluid(oil) as energy source, and we can't control the magnetosphere or the inner core of Earth. We still can't colonize Mars dues to all the internal bickering between nation states instead of working together and build a massive colony ship or live in the asteroid belts.

Humanity had it's shares of trying to make it in the world and pass down the knowledge to their descendances.. Maybe if the A.I is advanced enough they might do the same process? Trying to "survive" in this world and pass down it's knowledge via software updates to it's better models?

The robot committing suicide maybe a hint of sentience but it still is in the nascent stage because the robot could've find an another job instead of killing itself? The robot needs more learning I guess. :lol:

What I am saying is that A.I is still depends on us. We still need to train it, maintain it, feed it with new data, and it can't self replicate unless programmed. The A.I is still depends on us now just like we are still dependent on our nature and the natural environment themselves.

Well your last point is it really depends on the humans and it's more political rather than having to do with A.I itself. what do the rulers and the people want? Capitalism is evil but how will they fare under Socialism ran by the A.I then? Will there is a tyrant who use the A.I to repress the masses? Or will there be a Utopia fantasy land where everyone has a say? Despite the potential boost in production and resources, who gets to control them? A few elite cadre of politicians or the general masses? We may never know.
Hey @Natural_Born_Cynic I hope you don't mind but I moved this portion of our discussion over to my A.I thread because I thought it was better suited to this topic.

I have a thread planned to talk more about what you said about humanity's relationship with nature. You're right. We have tried to overcome nature and separate ourselves from it for years and each attempt we make ends in failure. I think this is why we fear A.I. we are rebellious against nature, and since we will inevitably try to make A.I in our own image we feel it will rebel against us and surpass us as we try to surpass nature.

The robot committing suicide didn't know there was anything outside of the task it was assigned to do. It's "death" may well have been accidental, but if we assume it did end its own life as some people believe it did, then that breaking of its programming is a sure-fire way of determining it has sentience.

I have something I want to share with you about A.I. but I don't have the time right now due to work and moving house etc. I think you will like it though, and it demonstrates some of the risks of A.I. to be honest though I think A.I is deliberately made to be scary in sci-fi movies and such to push people away from the idea of the automation of labour etc.

I'll address some more of your points at a later time.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.