A good little workout

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

A good little workout

Post by Cornfed »

I'm currently fasting in an attempt to lose my remaining excess fat and I wanted a fairly short, easy workout to keep in shape that didn't require access to a gym. The one I came up with was based on doing sets of burpees spaced out by a couple of sets of exercises targeting muscles that burpees don't exercise. I would do as many burpees as I could do explosively, which in this thin air is only about 10. So it goes like this:

Burpees
Pullups (bar, straps or whatever) x 2 sets
Burpees
Biceps curl x 2 sets
Burpees
Shoulder press x 2 sets
Burpees

It seems to work quite well in a short space of time.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Spencer
Junior Poster

Re: A good little workout

Post by Spencer »

Cornfed wrote:
October 21st, 2021, 1:09 pm
I'm currently fasting in an attempt to lose my remaining excess fat and I wanted a fairly short, easy workout to keep in shape that didn't require access to a gym. The one I came up with was based on doing sets of burpees spaced out by a couple of sets of exercises targeting muscles that burpees don't exercise. I would do as many burpees as I could do explosively, which in this thin air is only about 10. So it goes like this:

Burpees
Pullups (bar, straps or whatever) x 2 sets
Burpees
Biceps curl x 2 sets
Burpees
Shoulder press x 2 sets
Burpees

It seems to work quite well in a short space of time.
How bout
burpee x 10
pullup x 10
burpee x 10
pushup wit feet on chair x 20 for shoulder
burpee x 10

alternate day
lunging x 10 each leg
one leg squat x 10 each leg
rinse repeat above
then go outside make 30 sec full sprintings wit 3 min jog x 5
"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

"Wiseton is a very dynamic individual, what most would call a genius. He's started a movement, and only genius types can do such a thing." - Boycottamericanwomen
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Spencer wrote:
October 21st, 2021, 1:43 pm
burpee x 10
pullup x 10
burpee x 10
burpee x 10
Nothing wrong with that, but I prefer my workout for the time being. I want to do a couple of sets with each muscle group to add/maintain bulk. One set doesn't seem to do this. It doesn't make sense to do a fixed number of reps since I can't adjust the weight. I do an actual pushup with each burpee so the pushups with feet on the chair are best replaced with shoulder press to better target the shoulders. I probably should do something like the alternate day workout at some stage, perhaps incorporating the battle ropes we have, but since I am fasting I don't much feel like it at the moment.
Spencer
Junior Poster

Post by Spencer »

Cornfed wrote:
October 21st, 2021, 2:08 pm
Spencer wrote:
October 21st, 2021, 1:43 pm
burpee x 10
pullup x 10
burpee x 10
burpee x 10
Nothing wrong with that, but I prefer my workout for the time being. I want to do a couple of sets with each muscle group to add/maintain bulk. One set doesn't seem to do this. It doesn't make sense to do a fixed number of reps since I can't adjust the weight. I do an actual pushup with each burpee so the pushups with feet on the chair are best replaced with shoulder press to better target the shoulders. I probably should do something like the alternate day workout at some stage, perhaps incorporating the battle ropes we have, but since I am fasting I don't much feel like it at the moment.
80% is jus do it and good man that you walk the talk
leg so important as kiwi know for rugby man having super strenth in leg and toothpick leg man not need apply
but hard giv leg full workout wit no machine so maybe one leger squatings and spintings the close proximates
"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

"Wiseton is a very dynamic individual, what most would call a genius. He's started a movement, and only genius types can do such a thing." - Boycottamericanwomen
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Spencer wrote:
October 21st, 2021, 2:16 pm
80% is jus do it and good man that you walk the talk
leg so important as kiwi know for rugby man having super strenth in leg and toothpick leg man not need apply
but hard giv leg full workout wit no machine so maybe one leger squatings and spintings the close proximates
Yes, I'm just talking about a maintenance workout that people might do in their apartments or something. Leaping up from a crouched position is pretty good for legs, but really you would want to go to a gym and do heavyish sets of squat + sldl + calf raise regularly with some other exercises occasionally thrown it.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

What are you using to curl and press?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

gsjackson wrote:
October 21st, 2021, 7:58 pm
What are you using to curl and press?