Why you should NEVER sleep with head pointing North - Indian Vedic Wisdom

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Winston
Site Admin

Why you should NEVER sleep with head pointing North - Indian Vedic Wisdom

Post by Winston »

This is interesting. I didn't know this. Apparently, Indian wisdom and Chinese Feng Shui say you should NEVER sleep with your head pointing North. Instead, it's best to sleep either East or South. So if your sleep quality is not good, try that and see.See below to understand why.

I've been sleeping with my head pointing north. No wonder why my sleep is not very good. Do any of you find this to be true? @starchild5 where are you?

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/lif ... 347715.cms
Along with this, it is equally important to sleep in the right direction. It is usually said that you must avoid sleeping with your head pointing North, at any cost. It is actually true and there are several reasons which back this up.

The role of magnetic field

We all know that earth and human body, both have magnetic fields of their own. Magnetic fields on the Earth are concentrated in the North and the South Pole. When you sleep with your head pointing north, your body’s magnetic field interferes with that of earth. This can fluctuate your blood pressure and can even cause heart problems. You heart needs to work harder to overcome this. If you are elderly or already a heart patient, then you might be at a higher risk of getting a hemorrhage or paralytic stroke. In fact, you can check yourself that lie down horizontally, your pulse rate drops.

Another reason is that our blood contains a lot of iron. When we sleep facing North, the magnetic pull of the direction attracts iron, which gets accumulated in the brain. This is the reason why many people complain of getting a headache when they wake up. Sleeping with your head pointing North can also disrupt your blood circulation and lead to disturbed sleep. In order to prevent such a scenario, it is better to avoid sleeping with your head facing North.
Which direction is ideal for sleeping?

East and South directions are the most ideal directions for sleeping. Sleeping with your head facing South reverses the negative effects of North direction and thus, protects you from several health problems. It keeps your blood pressure under check and also maintains a steady blood circulation.

While sleeping, you must always prefer lying down on your left side. Sleeping on the left side helps reduce heartburn and promotes a better sleep.

https://www.indiatvnews.com/lifestyle/a ... ess-571816
According to Vastu Shastra, it is very important to determine the direction in which you should head in order to get a peaceful sleep. After talking about how beneficial it is for you to sleep with your head in the south direction as it is considered the best direction for a good night's sleep, let’s have a look at the pros and cons of the other directions. Acharya Indu Prakash is here to throw light on the north direction. According to Vastu Shastra it is not good to sleep with head in the north direction. The reason is the magnetic force in the earth and the continuous magnetic current that flows from south to north.

So when we sleep with head towards the south direction, this energy enters from our head and exits from the feet. In this way a person feels fresh and elated upon waking up in the morning. On the opposite side, when sleeping with head towards north direction, the magnetic energy enters the feet and reaches the head, due to which the mental tension increases, and the mind becomes heavy upon waking up in the morning. So, you should avoid sleeping with your head placed in the north.
https://isha.sadhguru.org/in/en/wisdom/ ... ping-right

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why you should never sleep with head pointing north - Indian wisdom

Post by Winston »

Wow this is interesting. Is it true?

https://www.nolahmattress.com/blogs/blo ... ed-to-know
Vastu teaches that your sleeping direction ought to be in correlation with the magnetic pull of the earth. You are surrounded by energy and you are made of energy, striking a harmonious balance with the flow of energy and being mindful of your sleeping direction could bring some surprising benefits.

IN HINDU TRADITION, THE SOUL EXITS THE BODY BY HEADING NORTH

Sleeping Facing North
If you live in the Northern Hemisphere, sleeping with head facing north could be why you’re sleeping badly. As a magnetic being, sleeping with head facing north is like 2 magnets repelling each other as your head is pointing at the positively charged North Pole. This causes stress and illness by disrupting blood circulation.

In Hindu tradition, the soul exits the body by heading North. The deceased will always be pointing North until cremation takes place but if you fancy some lucid dreaming, sleeping with your head pointing North is the way to do it.

Sleeping Facing East
The most favorable sleep direction is east, it increases concentration, memory, and brings quality sleep that makes you feel refreshed. Your head direction while sleeping east is a source of power in Vastu. It is a sleeping direction that is recharging and can help you resolve inner conflicts by allowing your body to experience full rest and recuperation.

Sleeping Facing West
If you’re sleeping with head facing west you could be a success-driven person, striving for wealth and fame. In Vastu, guest bedrooms have the bed facing west so the guest will have restless sleep and not overstay their welcome. Sleeping facing west may not suit everyone as facing east does.

Sleeping Facing South
Sleeping facing south is a favorable sleeping direction. Equally favorable as seeping east, you could experience deep sleep by sleeping with your head pointed south. Energy will pour into your body, clearing any emotional clutter and filling you with happiness and restful sleep.
https://kripalu.org/resources/which-dir ... it-matters
North

To quote the great Vasant Lad, “Only dead people sleep pointing north.” It is Hindu custom to arrange a corpse so that the head of the deceased is pointing north until cremation. The Hindu belief is that north is the route that the soul takes to exit the body. Because of this notion, northward sleeping is thought to be desirable only for lucid dreaming and astral travel; otherwise, sleeping with the head toward the north is ill advised due to the earth’s magnetism.

As rug rats, we learned that the earth has a magnetic pole extending from north to south, with the positive pole to the north and the negative pole to the south. Consider the idea that the human being is also like a magnetic pole, with the top of the head positively charged and the bottom of the feet negatively charged. If you grab two magnets and try to place the positive poles together, they repel like a vampire on a sunny beach. Similarly, if you lay with your head to the north, there are two positive poles at work creating a riveting skirmish. Sadly, the earth’s pole will always win, as it is greater, and we will wake up feeling exhausted from this subconscious battle that has been ensuing all night.

This magnetic phenomenon is also thought to affect the circulation of blood, causing stress, illness, and disturbance of the mind. Vastu shastra teaches that if you sleep with your head to the north, you may experience misery, frustration, crankiness, lack of emotional stability, diminished willpower, and/or physical ailments.

Ayurvedic physician Robert E. Svoboda says, “Sleeping with your head into the north draws energy out of the body, disturbing body-mind-spirit integration.” Moral of the story? Don’t sleep north.

East

For all you students out there, east is your ideal sleep direction. Sleeping with your head pointing east is a boon for any academic pursuits. It boosts memory, increases concentration, and promotes meditative sleep, resulting in good health. East is recommended for scholars, teachers and those looking for fresh career opportunities or promotions. The quality of this sleep is thought to make a person feel powerful and energized. In addition, this is the position suggested for those hoping to overcome any health-related obstacles.

West

Sleeping west is a mixed bag. Many suggest that sleeping west is ideal for those who are success driven, striving for fame, wealth, and a stellar reputation. If your goal is to take over the world and have 1.4 million followers on Instagram, go west. Other sources suggest that west is a neutral sleeping position, while some say west is not ideal and promotes active and unsettling dreams. Allegedly, those dedicated to the science of vastu shastra purposely have their guest bedrooms equipped with a bed pointing west. As a result, their company does not achieve a restful night’s rest; thus, lacking rejuvenating sleep, they will not be inclined to overstay their welcome. According to Robert, “Sleeping with your head into the west or north opposes sleep’s chief goal, which is to maximize rest and recuperation.”

South

And we have a winner. South is ruled by the Hindu god Yama; therefore, sleep south if you want to have the heavy and deep sleep of death. Going back to the magnetic pole theory, a mutual attraction (head positive, south negative) creates a harmonious exchange that draws energy into the body, rather than out, as in the case of north. This direction promotes health, happiness, and prosperity. Who isn’t happy when they’ve slept like a log?

Experiment with the position of your bed and see what happens. I’ve had a handful of friends switch their sleeping position from north to south and find immediate relief from restless nights. Your partner, pet, or plants may not love you rearranging the furniture on the reg, but just explain that your happiness and prosperity will soar with this new reconfiguration. Sweet dreams.
https://thebeddingplanet.com/does-sleep ... ly-matter/

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why you should NEVER sleep with head pointing North - Indian & Chinese wisdom

Post by Winston »

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why you should NEVER sleep with head pointing North - Indian & Chinese wisdom

Post by Winston »

"In this video, Sadhguru explains the reason why it is generally advised in the yogic culture not to point your head towards the North direction when sleeping. As everything is influenced by the pull of the magnetic poles on the planet, including the movement of the continents itself, definitely they have a certain influence on our system as well. Later in the video, he also answers a question on the best direction and position to sleep in."

No wonder I have lucid dreams. lol. I didn't know sleeping toward the North could cause that. Wow.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why you should NEVER sleep with head pointing North - Indian Vedic Wisdom

Post by Winston »

Update:

Wow everyone it worked! I slept with my head pointed south last night and i slept a lot better with no bad dreams or anxiety. Because my head wasnt pushing against the magnetic north pole and not in conflict with it. Instead the poles were going through my feet and up my body and energizing me. You all should try it and see for yourself. Sleep with your head pointed east or south and see for yourself. You will feel a lot clearer with no headaches or pressure in the head. And better dreams too. Try it and see the difference!

Note: If you're not sure which way is south look to see where the sun sets. It always sets in the west. Or u can use a compass or download a free compass app for your phone.

Let me know what happens.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

https://www.healthline.com/health/best- ... n-to-sleep
The recommended sleeping direction per vastu shastra is that you lie down with your head pointed southward.

A north-to-south body position is considered the worst direction. This is because the human head is considered to have a polar-like attraction, and it needs to face southward to attract opposite poles while you sleep.

Is it effective?
The benefits of vastu shastra sleeping direction need more clinical backing, but some researchers note the benefits of spatial principles on human health overall.

Vastu shastra practitioners believe that sleeping with your head pointed south reduces the risk of high blood pressure. Sleeping in a westward direction can cause nightmares, according to anecdotal claims.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

This Chinese master also says you should never sleep with your head pointing north. He also teaches you the best way to sleep. Wow this makes sense. Chinese wisdom is so wise.