Has anyone tried Creatine Monohydrate? Are the claims accur

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Has anyone tried Creatine Monohydrate? Are the claims accur

Post by droid »

I've been reading quite a bit about Creatine for muscle and brain function, not for just jacking up. I want my parents to supplement their diet with it but perhaps i take some too.

https://authoritynutrition.com/10-graph ... -creatine/

Has any of you tried this substance? How about results and side effects, in your experience?
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Has anyone tried Creatine Monohydrate? Are the claims ac

Post by Cornfed »

Yes when you are an athlete or training intensely, it helps you maintain up to 10% more muscle mass than you otherwise would. You are supposed to take it with carbs for proper absorption, and you need to drink plenty of water when taking it. Also, it seems to mess with you guts. But it definitively does work under some circumstances. The best form I took it in was in taps you could suck when doing your workout which were 75/25 carb/creatine. I used those in my 20s to bulk up right quick. The best idea now I guess would be to buy the pure creatine and then drink it with fruit juice or something.
codemon
Freshman Poster

Re: Has anyone tried Creatine Monohydrate? Are the claims ac

Post by codemon »

Creatine is one of the most researched supplements available and is considered safe without much side effects. I haven't noticed any side effects when I have taken it in the past. One thing I commonly read is that Creatine won't really be effective for people who are casual lifters. I don't know if it would be worth while for your parents to take it. There are probably more helpful supplements for older people that don't do serious strength training.