3 Supplements That Will Make You Smarter

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

By Frost

Most of us are taking supplements that improve our physical performance: Protein, Creatine, Fish Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar, and Zinc. All that good stuff.

But our cognitive function is a much more important factor in our happiness and success in life. Bicep peaks and deltoid seperation are nice, but the ultimate determinant of what you earn, what you accomplish, and what you leave behind in this life, is based upon your ability to think.

If you’re interested in a deep dive into the world of supplements and habits that have the potential to expand your cognitive abilities, there are a variety of resources linked in this post. What follows is a quick and dirty introduction to three safe, effective, and easy-to-procure smart drugs — Nootropics:

1. Caffeine + Theanine

Theanine is a chemical found in green tea that produces a calm, relaxed, and focused state. It’s fine to take on it’s own, but it really shines in combination with a high dosage of caffeine. Caffeine is an excellent Nootropic (hence why everyone consumes it before and during their workday) but it causes an unpleasant ‘jitteryness’ in high doses. Theanine keeps you calm and level.

Theanine is cheap and you can order it on Amazon. (As a bonus, Theanine is also the pill that cures approach anxiety.) I get my caffeine fix in tall, strong coffees, but if you’re not into yellow teeth and going for a piss every half hour, you can find cheap caffeine pills as well.

2. Modafinil

As I wrote in my comprehensive post on Modafinil:

“In my experience, one 200 mg dose gives me twelve straight hours of phenomenal state, focus and mental clarity. Think of how you feel when you’ve had a great night’s sleep, you’ve been eating clean and training hard, juicing regularly, and you’re invested in your work. Modafinil is a pill that unlocks that productive potential for a full day.â€￾

Modafinil is the real deal. It is not quite the Limitless drug, but it’s about 10% of it, which is still pretty impressive.

It is quite easy to obtain from your doctor, provided you are suffering from narcolepsy or shift-work sleep disorder. You can also order generic meds online if you pinky swear that you have a prescription. I have heard on good authority that Meds For Bitcoins is a reliable source, although I am not affiliated with them.

3. Melatonin

I have experimented with a large number of Nootropics, but I have found none that are superior to the effects of a good night’s sleep.

Getting sleep can be hard today though. Blue light tricks our brains into thinking it’s dawn, especially if you haven’t installed Flux. Dates and last minute resistance can run late. And of course, you’re now pumping your body up with stimulants like caffeine and Modafinil.

Melatonin is a chemical that your body produces when it’s time to sleep. Supplementing with Melatonin before bed will make it easier for you to fall asleep, and increase the quality of sleep that you do have. Read Gwern’s breakdown of this useful little pill for all the information you could ever want and a few more pages after that. Melatonin is cheap via Amazon or in your local drug store. Pop a milligram half an hour before bed, sleep like a baby, and wake up ready to conquer the world.

The world is full of safe and effective methods of making yourself smarter. Ironically enough you would be stupid not to make use of them.

http://www.returnofkings.com/16233/thre ... ou-smarter

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

I would stay away from the Caffine. I believe that anything that makes you addited to it, or makes you crave it is bad.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: 3 Supplements That Will Make You Smarter

Post by Jester »

Banano wrote:3 Supplements That Will Make You Smarter

By Frost

Most of us are taking supplements that improve our physical performance: Protein, Creatine, Fish Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar, and Zinc. All that good stuff.

But our cognitive function is a much more important factor in our happiness and success in life. Bicep peaks and deltoid seperation are nice, but the ultimate determinant of what you earn, what you accomplish, and what you leave behind in this life, is based upon your ability to think.

If you’re interested in a deep dive into the world of supplements and habits that have the potential to expand your cognitive abilities, there are a variety of resources linked in this post. What follows is a quick and dirty introduction to three safe, effective, and easy-to-procure smart drugs — Nootropics..........
I would suggest looking into any form of meditation before trying this stuff.

Pranic meditation
Yoga

whatever.

Drugs are a last resort, like surgery. And not meant to be a lifetime habit.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Both regular workouts and meditation have the ability to make you smarter also. Both activate the release of chemicals that ease intellect-killing stress and restore focus.
Ava777
Freshman Poster

Re: 3 Supplements That Will Make You Smarter

Post by Ava777 »

I used to think that the only thing that can make me smarter is education :) But since I'm a mother, I read much about taking care of a child's health. Recently I've found out tat a lack of iodine or any vitamin can cause serious problems, and in most cases we don't even notice it. So, I'm interested in the various supplements. Usually I check the information about all medications on a Canadian Pharmacy site. But thanks for saring such a detailed info, maybe I'll give these supplements a try!