Winston, you're fat because you're vegetarian

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
lone_yakuza
Freshman Poster

Post by lone_yakuza »

Last edited by lone_yakuza on November 20th, 2016, 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

AmericaninMexico,
This film is GUARANTEED to turn you into a vegetarian! Watch ALL of it if you dare!

Earthlings (2005) - This disturbing documentary film is guaranteed to turn anyone into a vegetarian! Using hidden cameras and never-before-seen footage, EARTHLINGS chronicles the day-to-day practices of the largest industries in the world, all of which rely entirely on animals for profit.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Post by onethousandknives »

Winston, what's your daily food intake like, and your daily activities?
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

lone_yakuza wrote:
royaldude wrote:my advice to the low carb haters is try going on a paleo diet for a month. see what happens. personally i went from 200 to 180 in 4 weeks without exercise, felt great and now when i eat foods like cake i feel sick.
Paleo all the way!!
Low carb is ridiculous if you're an athlete. For normal people sitting on a couch all day it might work ok. In my case, my weight loss stifled really bad on low carb. Now that I'm eating 2-3 plates of like, pasta, a day, I feel quite a bit better and I've lost 10lbs in like 2 weeks. Then again, I skate for an hour a day 4-5 days a week, and lift weights and do jumping 4 days a week for another hour or two.

http://anthonycolpo.com/why-low-carb-di ... es-part-1/

One thing I did find in my initial experiments is, I can avoid insulin "crashes" from high carbs by simply adding more fat. However, adding more fat doesn't necessarily correlate with needing less carbohydrates, it means more fat, same carbs. Fat added to something blunts insulin response. Like I'd crash like hell on just mashed potatoes with nothing, then baked potato liberally drizzled in olive oil I'd be fine. Same with pizza, etc. But then again, I have a fairly high "training volume" compared to most people, and 160lbs fat free mass. Apparently my basal metabolic rate is 3000 calories a day maintenance (ie, if I just sat on the couch all day I'd burn 3000 calories.) But I think trying to be "low carb" and really cutting calories like that messed with my hormones or something.

---------------
Also, regardless of calorie intake, I try to make sure 90% of what I eat is made from scratch by me. Doing that I never really gain weight, meanwhile I can spend 3 weeks on vacation eating fast food everyday and gain 10lbs. Same with Christmas and a bunch of Christmas candy or whatnot. As long as I'm cooking for myself I can pretty much eat whatever and at least maintain.

That's what I tell people regarding diet, though. If they're not cooking for themselves, that's the first step. It's useless trying to calculate macronutrient ratios/calories/etc if you're eating processed junk food. Unprocessed food is still available in America, and quite cheaply at that (potatoes are like 39c a pound.) You just gotta take the initiative to cook it. And we as a society have forgotten how to cook. But I told a guy at the gym this, that "hey, everything you eat you should cook from scratch on your stove." And he was like "Wow, that sounds hard." But that's the norm in all these "happier abroad" countries. This guy also later went on to explain he spent $100 a week at the grocery store on food. Cooking for yourself slashes this budget. My friend's family spent $90 a month a couple years ago on Indian food, I think even including a smalltime catering business. The Indian food was vegetarian, so no expense of meat. But $90 a month to feed a family, just because of cooking simple staples from scratch.
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Winston wrote:AIM,
I'm not really qualified to discuss nutrition with you. But eating meat is against my beliefs, and would make my stomach sick. Can't I just get protein from eggs or vegetables?

I do take vitamins everyday though. Doesn't that help? I also take Omega 3 fish oil, despite the fish oil.

What if I just eat vegetables without the bread and cookies? And what do you think of the soy issue?

If the Atkins high protein low carb diet is the answer, then why doesn't the FDA recommend it? What about professional nutritionists? Why don't they recommend it?

Also, didn't Atkins pass away? Why didn't he live longer?

Furthermore, Americans live longer today than they did in past history, despite the increase of carbs. How do you explain that?
Soy is terrible. It's a phytoestrogen. It offsets any testosterone, so if you're low T because you're older, you'll be even lower T with soy products. As far as the phytoestrogen thing goes, my priest and his wife actually couldn't conceive until she cut out soy. It basically acts like natural birth control pills. See, plants are actually somewhat sentient. Soy's defense mechanism as a "poison" is phytoestrogens. The reason it has them is to make predators of it weak and docile. Interestingly, other plants have phytoandrogens, like eucommia bark, he shou wu (Chinese fleeceflower) and even the popular spice fenugreek. Soy when fermented as tofu or whatever that (Indonesian I think) stuff is OK, as some of the estrogens and other toxins of it get destroyed during fermentation, and you can't consume as much soy in general from tofu just because it's not really that palatable. But soy milk, soy fake meat, etc, not good. The United States actually eats more soy per capita than China. Soy pretty much is part of the plan to emasculate society.

We live longer because we've adapted with drugs. It's not really progress to have people on drugs since their 30s and just artificially keep them alive DESPITE bad nutrition and lifestyle. It "works" but it's certainly not ideal. There's a HIGH push for drugging in this country. For example, at 19, I had high blood pressure. The doctor wanted me to go on drugs, and said "I don't think you can solve it through exercise and diet alone." I got it normal in a month of exercise and dieting, and good in 4 months, along with dropping my weight. What if I stayed fat and just was on drugs forever? http://www.marksdailyapple.com/how-i-lo ... z2JItmoYUO This is in support of the paleo diet, which I don't support, but the story remains. He was prescribed drugs for basically no reason, and then those drugs were counteracted by more drugs, and he had drugs which almost killed him offset by other drugs that made him fat, etc.

As far as vegetables, veggies are awesome because they're nutrient dense and calorically low. Cookies, no f***ing cookies on a diet, dude. Bread if it has no soybean oil/high fructose corn syrup. Basically homemade bread.

But as I said, it's pretty simple. Eat like they do abroad. Seriously, it's not rocket science. Make a pot of borscht from scratch, some Vietnamese cahn chua soup, etc. Don't make Campbells soup and eat Doritos.
Intolerant
Freshman Poster

Post by Intolerant »

If you want to lose weight easier per day, eating more protein and exercise works. Eat less sugars, fats and carbs and eat more green vegetables, fresh fruit and protein.
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

Haha. Winston, I know what happenns to all animals, so we can eat them. It's disgusting and unneccesarily violent and wasteful. But I still eat them, because they're DELICIOUS! :D

Most people take weight loss much too seriously. All you need to do is fast if you want drastic results, or just eat lots of kelp and algae for slow, gradual results. You can eat whatever you want.
Intolerant
Freshman Poster

Post by Intolerant »

People have been cruel to animals since the beginnings of hominids.

It's okay to eat animals, our human ancestors have eaten animal flesh and plants for millennia. The reason why Winston is still fat is not because he's a vegetarian, he probably eats too much carbs and not enough protein and nutrient-rich plants like vegetables and fruits. If they are still living today, they would be jealous at the way we eat.

Eating too much bread, stuffing donuts down your throat and drinking too much soda (loaded with sugar) isn't going to help you lose weight, unless if you are an athlete.
gibraltar
Freshman Poster

Post by gibraltar »

Meat is not meant for human consumption. It's dead rotten food, especially the meats sold in the USA.

Try this test:

Offer your dog a raw steak or a cooked steak. Which will he choose?

The raw steak everytime. True carnivores love RAW MEAT.

Humans are disgusted by raw meat. Corporations must cook the meat and add salt, sugars and addictives to make it appealing to the human appetite.

Think about it..
Escape America Before It's too late! Check out my new website -> http://www.expatkings.com

My books on Amazon: Rio de Janeiro for Beginners | Best Countries for Black Men
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

c.17,000 BCE, Lascaux, France.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I don't think vegetables can be blamed for Winston's size. It's difficult to escape meat here in SE Asia. The other day I ordered an Aubergine (eggplant?) stirfry and it came with a load of pork. Well that was the veggiest looking thing on the menu.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Actually, I'm going vegetarian plus fish for Lent. It's not bad at all. One thing I found out is meat has lots of hormones because they inject meat with estrogen and trenbelone. So while soy has the phytoestrogens, meat has estradiol. YAY. So per someone on this board, only wild caught fish for now.

Anyway Winston, go find a park and walk around or something, and do this daily.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
I'm wondering if I should quit being a vegetarian. Here are the reasons to consider doing so:

- Ever since I became a vegetarian in 1990, I've gained weight and lost muscle mass. I used to be stronger and believe it or not, was able to beat most guys my age in arm wrestling (when I was a teen). It may be that due to lack of protein, I felt less full and so ate more carbs in the form of rice, bread, cheese, cookies, cakes, pasta, popcorn, etc. which cause more weight gain.

- I felt more sluggish and had less energy after I became a vegetarian. It was hard to exercise and work out because I had no endurance. Maybe it was due to lack of protein?

- I think girls found me more attractive when I ate meat and flirted with me more. When you eat meat, you have more testosterone and seem more complete. As a vegetarian, you probably give off a different vibe or have less testosterone and thus aren't as attractive to women.

However, on the other hand, there are drawbacks to consider:

- Not all vegetarians are fat and sluggish. Many are thin and healthy too. So perhaps I am not doing it right or eating too many carbs? If so, could it be my fault rather than the vegetarian diet's fault?

How are other vegetarians who are thin and healthy getting enough proteins? Can proteins in eggs and beans compensate for protein in meat?

- Many endurance runners, even in the Olympics, are vegetarians, so there must be benefits to it.

- By eating meat, I would compromise my morals against the killing of animals. That may affect my conscience. And it may bring me back karma too.

- When I stopped eating meat in 1990, my mind and consciousness became a lot clearer. And my spiritual awareness level increased and expanded as well. That's how I became a good writer. Before that, I could not write at all and had nothing to say in writing and had no opinions. I was just a follower who was trying to follow and fit in somewhere.

So, if I go back to eating meat, my mind and awareness level may decrease and I may not be as good of a writer anymore.

- My mental health improved after I stopped eating meat too. I had better control over my mind and did not sink into depression and my OCD symptoms did not control me as much. Perhaps this is because my karma improved after not eating meat. What this means is that eating meat again may result in lower mental health again, as well as bad karma.

- Also if you haven't eaten meat for many years, how can you start again? Won't it make your stomach sick to even try?

What do you all think?
Last edited by Winston on July 23rd, 2013, 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Winston, you are fat because you're a vegetarian.

Post by Jester »

AmericanInMexico wrote:Winston, the ideal human diet is animal-based. The reason you are so fat is precisely because you're a vegetarian. If you switch to a diet high in animal fat and meat while eating little to no carbohydrates, you will no longer be fat anymore.
Isnt low-carb hard to do in MX? All those tortillas and and all that arroz? And I've never seen them serve a decent steak. Main serious meat seems to be carnitas.

Not knockin' the cuisine - I love it - and always seems to be from fresh ingredients. Just doubtin' the low-carb aspect.
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

Eat food that are grown in the dirt; Fresh Fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, herbs, spices, roots, peas, beans. Eat meat too; seafood from fishermen, eggs from family farm chickens, drink lots of water, coconut water, & fresh fruit & vegetable juices.

Don't buy anything from the supermarkets. No processed foods that sits on a shelf forever & ever. Food should be perishable.

Don't eat anything that has a TV commercial & has to be marketed.

A good rule to stick with is; If you don't buy it then you won't eat it. If it's not in the house you're less likely to consume it. Only buy the good foods, eat well & stay healthy ;)
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -