What age do men begin to lose virility?

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

What age do men begin to lose virility?

Post by Tsar »

What age do most men begin to lose their virility, sex drive, testosterone, and metabolism?
jtest28
Freshman Poster

Post by jtest28 »

Some of those traits are apples to oranges. Example: sex drive starts to lower in many men at only mid-20s, yet the man isn't even in his physical prime yet. And a man may be slightly slower at late 30s than he was at late 20s, yet in his late 30s he's only just now hitting his peak physical strength.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

jtest28 wrote: And a man may be slightly slower at late 30s than he was at late 20s, yet in his late 30s he's only just now hitting his peak physical strength.
This is the way the peak strength thing was explained to me by a former Top 10 powerlifter. Your potential strength peaks at around age 25, remains the same until around 35 and then decreases by about 2% per year. However, you are never at your peak strength because of injury, not training or whatever. Hence through incremental advance it is possible for a man to gain actual strength up until his mid to late 40s. I imagine this applies to non-lifters as well and is aided by the thickening of connective tissue acting in a similar manner to a bench shirt by supplying inertia. After that the ceiling of a man's potential strength presses down on him, and so in his 50s there is really no way for him not to lose strength.
jtest28
Freshman Poster

Post by jtest28 »

Ive always heard men gain strength until late 30s and then if they stay active, they keep it until the age of 50 and then starts a slow decrease. So far, this has been true for me. I know at 30 I was so darn much stronger than at 25 it amazed me. Then at 35 I had a huge increase again, and this time without being any bigger, in fact, i was slightly smaller in muscle size. In my late 30s, I had another tremendous increase in strength, but this time only pulling movements like curls, etc. I'm also more muscular than Ive ever been before and even lose fat faster than ever, though strangely, my pushing movements like bench presses didn't go up at all since 35. And I noticed if i don't eat just so-so, my muscle "fullness" suffers. I tend to go flat if I diet wrong, where as at 30-32, I looked pumped all the time. :)
jtest28
Freshman Poster

Post by jtest28 »

One has to wonder perhaps some men are experiencing a different prime due to the advent of HRT though.... :) hence, your hormonal prime may be 20 something but your physical prime is 30 something. So what happens if you make 30 something your physical prime, AND your hormonal prime also? he he Maybe that explains it.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: What age do men begin to lose virility?

Post by Taco »

Tsar wrote:What age do most men begin to lose their virility, sex drive, testosterone, and metabolism?
You'll notice a decline around age 40 and then another decline around age 47. Human growth hormone which is partly responsible for you sex drive decreases 50% every 7 years. A low carb, high protein diet, vitamins and exercise can help off set this.
quito
Freshman Poster

Post by quito »

i think i hit my prime at about 45.. stayed there until about now at 55.. this is the first year of my life that i notice a slight decline in sexual interest, from everyday to a few times per week. i also find it harder to keep motivated to work out but i feel that its possible its only a temporary lull... i am certain that if i jump back into it that i can keep strong physically.

i think its partly genetic .. my father is 85 and going strong in every department. he still makes love to his younger wife (60)... lol
johnponting74
Freshman Poster

Post by johnponting74 »

I had another remarkable improve in durability, but now only taking motions like waves, etc. I'm also more muscular than Ive ever been before and even reduce fat quicker than ever, though curiously, my forcing motions like regular clicks did not go up at all since 35. And I observed if i don't eat just so-so, my muscular "fullness" experiences.
Our dentist in Cancun provide superior quality dental care at affordable prices. Our highly trained bilingual Cancun dentist have extensive experience
RickyRetardo
Freshman Poster

Post by RickyRetardo »

For some men, sex drive takes a nose dive around 25.
Let's get together and feel alright.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

RickyRetardo wrote:For some men, sex drive takes a nose dive around 25.
Dating the wrong type of women will do that to you.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

As far as sex drive goes, I think it's a gradual thing.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

The real question is not when men decline in all these categories, it is when is it too late for men to reproduce due to decreased sperm quality. While men can produce sperm into their latter years, the older the man is, the more likely sperm defects appear which can 1) prevent fertilization or 2) increase the likelihood of birth defects.

Men should strive to sire children before 35 and no later than 50.

All of the other characteristics can be staved off by regular exercise, general fitness, and a healthy diet.