Uganda: Mission: Possibly An Epic Fail (my post)

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Africa or the Middle East.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Uganda: Mission: Possibly An Epic Fail (my post)

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

I get treated weirdly here. I get started at all the time.
This vacation is not going as expected.

I don't know what's going on, but Uganda is not working for me. Every now and then I'm teased for being statuesque and semi-husky.
I don't get it. I didn't expect a red carpet to be rolled out, but I didn't expect to be diss-missed most of the time.

So I get off of my Ethiopian Airlines flight from Mumbai, India via Addis Ababa, and at Ugandan immigration, they took 30 minutes to process me and my e-visa that I had concrete proof of. They didn't even know how to adhere an e-visa printout sticker to my passport!
So they gave me back the passport and didnt' say a word to me and left the booth for 5 more minutes.
I stood there kind of purposely and kind of in a dubious state waiting for their confirmation.

They exclaimed, "Hey boss! We're done with you!"

"Ummmm you should have stated that? "

"Anytime an immigration officer returns your passport, the transaction is officially done"

"How am I supposed to know that? I didn't want my process to be incomplete in order to avoid mistakes later on"

The first AirBnB was deplorable...stopped up drain....right in the dirt road projects with trash everywhere. The AirBnB landlord of his
property had not "topped up" his 4G internet for me so that pissed me off and I cancelled and only got back a third of my money out of 90 USD
I spent for it.

Now I'm at this second Air BnB place and I'm about to get kicked out by women that run the place here because the so called man left the property for a few days to work on studio deals. I was hoping that he and I would work together; that had not happened. The simian pygmy woman Grace Jones knockoff gave me a basket of fruit after she kindly asked me to leave and she's giving me 36 hours to find a new place on the premise that I plan to bring guests over to visit me yet it didnt say on the listing that there are no overnight guests. I took a screen shot of the profile. They updated the profile to say that the guests are expected to wash the dishes (I have been doing that already).

I guess Ugandans are nicer than Nigerians but not nice enough to be nice overall!!
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Uganda: Mission: Possibly An Epic Fail (my post)

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
November 24th, 2019, 12:01 am
I get treated weirdly here. I get started at all the time.
This vacation is not going as expected.

I don't know what's going on, but Uganda is not working for me. Every now and then I'm teased for being statuesque and semi-husky.
I don't get it. I didn't expect a red carpet to be rolled out, but I didn't expect to be diss-missed most of the time.

So I get off of my Ethiopian Airlines flight from Mumbai, India via Addis Ababa, and at Ugandan immigration, they took 30 minutes to process me and my e-visa that I had concrete proof of. They didn't even know how to adhere an e-visa printout sticker to my passport!
So they gave me back the passport and didnt' say a word to me and left the booth for 5 more minutes.
I stood there kind of purposely and kind of in a dubious state waiting for their confirmation.

They exclaimed, "Hey boss! We're done with you!"

"Ummmm you should have stated that? "

"Anytime an immigration officer returns your passport, the transaction is officially done"

"How am I supposed to know that? I didn't want my process to be incomplete in order to avoid mistakes later on"

The first AirBnB was deplorable...stopped up drain....right in the dirt road projects with trash everywhere. The AirBnB landlord of his
property had not "topped up" his 4G internet for me so that pissed me off and I cancelled and only got back a third of my money out of 90 USD
I spent for it.

Now I'm at this second Air BnB place and I'm about to get kicked out by women that run the place here because the so called man left the property for a few days to work on studio deals. I was hoping that he and I would work together; that had not happened. The simian pygmy woman Grace Jones knockoff gave me a basket of fruit after she kindly asked me to leave and she's giving me 36 hours to find a new place on the premise that I plan to bring guests over to visit me yet it didnt say on the listing that there are no overnight guests. I took a screen shot of the profile. They updated the profile to say that the guests are expected to wash the dishes (I have been doing that already).

I guess Ugandans are nicer than Nigerians but not nice enough to be nice overall!!
https://mega.nz/#!KaYDVaoZ!n2a-n0La2y6q ... ARXaVeQvk4
https://mega.nz/#!KeQx2aDY!R0aZCb01c0HL ... SVi1K-vW7I
https://mega.nz/#!7CBxxALD!BAr-E8DGNWoI ... 3rOIecMDl0
Very bigoted! These Ugandans don't like Mixed, White, and Light Hued people overall.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

November 24th, 2019, 1:59 am
Very bigoted! These Ugandans don't like Mixed, White, and Light Hued people overall.
Holey moley! What did you say/do to this girl for her to react like that? :shock: :?
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

hypermak wrote:
November 25th, 2019, 8:12 pm
November 24th, 2019, 1:59 am
Holey moley! What did you say/do to this girl for her to react like that? :shock: :?
When I told her that things were going rough in Uganda (they somewhat still are but I never expatriate here - I'm ready to leave), which is her nationality and where she lives, she said that I need to look at my faults because it's all my fault that Uganda is treating me wrong. I told her that she's an incompassionate as.shole for not caring about how I feel. THen those three pic shots there came as a result.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

November 26th, 2019, 4:11 am
When I told her that things were going rough in Uganda (they somewhat still are but I never expatriate here - I'm ready to leave), which is her nationality and where she lives, she said that I need to look at my faults because it's all my fault that Uganda is treating me wrong. I told her that she's an incompassionate as.shole for not caring about how I feel. THen those three pic shots there came as a result.
Oh I see. Kind of reminds me of another few countries where the people have an ego and a "trigger limit" way above the socio-economic weight their country can pull. Cuba is definitely on top of the list, followed by Thailand and - in its own little, pathetic way - even the Philippines.

You know what they say: you can't stand close to trash and expect it to smell like flowers. Maybe Ethiopia could have a been a place of more civilised people (including chicks)?
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

hypermak wrote:
November 26th, 2019, 6:40 am
November 26th, 2019, 4:11 am
Oh I see. Kind of reminds me of another few countries where the people have an ego and a "trigger limit" way above the socio-economic weight their country can pull. Cuba is definitely on top of the list, followed by Thailand and - in its own little, pathetic way - even the Philippines.

You know what they say: you can't stand close to trash and expect it to smell like flowers. Maybe Ethiopia could have a been a place of more civilised people (including chicks)?
I just came from The Philippines and Thailand; I have to tell you: both of them are being more nationalist, speak less English, and are pretty darn racist in their languages and dialects. Yes I am advo of learning their languages, but if the respect isn't there in the language barrier ...imagine once you learn the language what you are about to learn and cringe at. The moment I couldn't render money, I get jeered at and disrespected in Thailand. Just from walking down the street, Pinoys trying to bellow out "yo yo yo yo" or "sup boss man". I loathe that low-frequency f**k s.hit.

I flew to Uganda via Ethiopian airlines. They are more civilised but still kind of pretentious IMHO. The banshee Eithiopian women (the fat ones) are a.ssholes and have a sense of entitlement and I had to curse one out on the plane for seemingly talking rudely to me in Amharic while she segues to another plane seat and then has the audacity to come back to it waking me up!

I am going to do Europe with suits and ties. My foreign life has to be better than my domestic one because right now I'm almost on a loser's path like the way serveral HA'ers said "f**k it...the USA is home forever!". I think it's non-White people....they seem to be miscreants-reprobates (from non-White countries) are trying to be White and reject anything that isn't purely White! Mixed is not good enough anymore in most cases!!!! Ugandans are dark as heck. No wonder I get stared at!!!! I look like cellophane scotch tape compared to their hue!!
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

November 26th, 2019, 8:07 am
I just came from The Philippines and Thailand; I have to tell you: both of them are being more nationalist, speak less English, and are pretty darn racist in their languages and dialects. Yes I am advo of learning their languages, but if the respect isn't there in the language barrier ...imagine once you learn the language what you are about to learn and cringe at. The moment I couldn't render money, I get jeered at and disrespected in Thailand. Just from walking down the street, Pinoys trying to bellow out "yo yo yo yo" or "sup boss man". I loathe that low-frequency f**k s.hit.

I flew to Uganda via Ethiopian airlines. They are more civilised but still kind of pretentious IMHO. The banshee Eithiopian women (the fat ones) are a.ssholes and have a sense of entitlement and I had to curse one out on the plane for seemingly talking rudely to me in Amharic while she segues to another plane seat and then has the audacity to come back to it waking me up!

I am going to do Europe with suits and ties. My foreign life has to be better than my domestic one because right now I'm almost on a loser's path like the way serveral HA'ers said "f**k it...the USA is home forever!". I think it's non-White people....they seem to be miscreants-reprobates (from non-White countries) are trying to be White and reject anything that isn't purely White! Mixed is not good enough anymore in most cases!!!! Ugandans are dark as heck. No wonder I get stared at!!!! I look like cellophane scotch tape compared to their hue!!
I believe (and they told me, confirming me) that this excess of nationalistic pride usually comes from history: Ethiopia has a proud record of being one of the few African countries to never have been properly colonised. Italy came closest and has exerted quite a bit of influence on culture, but that was it. They told me Ethiopians tend to be proud and entitled, which is a good thing per se but doesn't brush well against a foreigner who could use a healthy dose of "Western privilege" and novelty effect.

I don't know much about Thailand and Thai people but, from friends who have been there or currently are there, it's a society that lives on "Asian exceptionalism". Culturally they're not better than the Chinese and I personally wouldn't be able to stand them. From what I could gather in these 2 months of stay in the Manila, Filipinos come across as happy-go-lucky, meeker and generally more polite...at least in front of you. They too bitch and backstab each other and foreigners a lot, as you will realise as soon as you learn the language.

I think the "HA for the sake of being HA" is dead and buried, perhaps it was never born alive. A foreign man who is in a country, any country, just to look for fun and adventure without much else going on will usually end up being disrespected and feeling disrespected. Perhaps having a purpose to stay in a country, e.g. a job or a long-term relationship with a local, maybe both, can change things quite a bit. I am enjoying the sex with cute Filipinas but if I didn't have my job to keep my feet solidly on the ground (and my wallet replenished) I would quickly end up all bored and bitter.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

hypermak wrote:
November 26th, 2019, 5:59 pm
November 26th, 2019, 8:07 am

I believe (and they told me, confirming me) that this excess of nationalistic pride usually comes from history: Ethiopia has a proud record of being one of the few African countries to never have been properly colonised. Italy came closest and has exerted quite a bit of influence on culture, but that was it. They told me Ethiopians tend to be proud and entitled, which is a good thing per se but doesn't brush well against a foreigner who could use a healthy dose of "Western privilege" and novelty effect.

I don't know much about Thailand and Thai people but, from friends who have been there or currently are there, it's a society that lives on "Asian exceptionalism". Culturally they're not better than the Chinese and I personally wouldn't be able to stand them. From what I could gather in these 2 months of stay in the Manila, Filipinos come across as happy-go-lucky, meeker and generally more polite...at least in front of you. They too bitch and backstab each other and foreigners a lot, as you will realise as soon as you learn the language.

I think the "HA for the sake of being HA" is dead and buried, perhaps it was never born alive. A foreign man who is in a country, any country, just to look for fun and adventure without much else going on will usually end up being disrespected and feeling disrespected. Perhaps having a purpose to stay in a country, e.g. a job or a long-term relationship with a local, maybe both, can change things quite a bit. I am enjoying the sex with cute Filipinas but if I didn't have my job to keep my feet solidly on the ground (and my wallet replenished) I would quickly end up all bored and bitter.
Appreciated post. Thank you. :) Yes, if it weren't for your job in the Philippines, you'd feel anguished quite a bit. "You" can thank western (primarily North American) influence via the Internet e.g. social "justice" for the decay of the foreign frazzle-dazzle factor.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

November 26th, 2019, 11:03 pm
Appreciated post. Thank you. :) Yes, if it weren't for your job in the Philippines, you'd feel anguished quite a bit. "You" can thank western (primarily North American) influence via the Internet e.g. social "justice" for the decay of the foreign frazzle-dazzle factor.
My pleasure. If I didn't have a job I would probably still enjoy but, as people say, you can have too much of a good thing.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Third world countries are always unpredictable with shitty customer service. I hope your trip to Uganda has a happy ending. If it doesn't workout for you maybe you could visit a neighboring country that has better prospects like Sierria Leone.

http://naughtynomad.com/2011/07/18/freetown-city-guide/

Here's Naughty Nomads Uganda advice. Personally, I think he's a little too optimistic sometimes but that's the liquor talking.

https://naughtynomad.wordpress.com/2010 ... ity-guide/

http://naughtynomad.com/africa/
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Taco wrote:
November 28th, 2019, 1:54 am
Third world countries are always unpredictable with shitty customer service.
There are various problems with African destinations - not really many airlinks and rather expensive airfare.

Otherwise, about most Third World countries complaints are similar:

- Within the cities, good hotels and comfortable life are generally not cheap as much of all what we expect for a nice stay is imported.
- Some countries are well-known for crimes, drugs etc...other ones for their huge slums areas.
- Often limited sightseeing, some countries are nothing but a war-zone...

It's not only about Africa, some countries in Latin America are not much better, and same situation in many places also in Asia...
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

But I am glad to see that you are at least ABROAD unlike many of the “experts” here who have never even traversed the border if their home countries.

Travel abroad entails good and bad experiences. The few bad experiences I had taught me about myself and the countries and regions I should avoid.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

I agree, gentlemen. Thank all of you for not turning your nose up at this thread. Cheers.