Ask me about New Zealand

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Australia, New Zealand and the Oceania region.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Ask me about New Zealand

Post by Winston »

@Cornfed an Asian guy I talk to told me that he lived in NZ before and that people there were very racist toward him, and friendliness was superficial. Is that true? If I went to NZ would people be racist against me too? Would it be subtle or overt? Is this only in NZ schools or adult life too?

Btw, why do you care about US politics if you're in NZ?

What do you recommend a tourist to see in NZ?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Cornfed wrote:
May 15th, 2020, 1:44 pm
Yohan wrote:
May 7th, 2020, 5:06 am
As far as I know however Cornfed has been outside of New Zealand, in Asia (maybe Cambodia, China, Korea) - but I really like to know if he ever has been also in the States, living there, working there?
Yes, I said I was from NZ on the Orient Expat forum ten years ago. The reason I didn't stay in Asia is that there was no job security or consistent way to earn a living for most people after the crash of 08, so it wouldn't have been possible to settle down, have a family etc. which was the whole point of being there.
It would be interesting to know if Cornfed ever visited United States....much of his comments are related to life in the US, some members frequently mistaken him for an US-citizen...
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Winston wrote:
January 8th, 2021, 5:58 am
@Cornfed an Asian guy I talk to told me that he lived in NZ before and that people there were very racist toward him, and friendliness was superficial. Is that true? If I went to NZ would people be racist against me too? Would it be subtle or overt? Is this only in NZ schools or adult life too?
This is a complex topic and I’ll think about it and try to write about it in greater depth at some time. Just to superficially answer the question, overt racism if you are travelling on the usual tourist track is suppressed, but there is a certain attitude to East Asians that many NZers have that may come through. If you go to out of the way places in NZ life such as rural rugby clubs and such, you may encounter racism or you may be treated really well. NZ is a rich tapestry.
Because what happens in America determines what happens in the world. Let’s say I led a brilliant, well planned revolution, overthrew the evil NZ regime and established a sane government. The US would just send in the marines and that would be the end of that. The revolution has to begin in America.
What do you recommend a tourist to see in NZ?
It depends what you want. A Chinese lady I saw giving a presentation years ago went on about diverse high class restaurants in Auckland and how you could see a lot of international shows for a bit cheaper than normal. Well great if that’s what floats your boat. I would think you would want to see the nature you were into. The mountains in the South Island and central North Island. The surfing and fishing in the north. The forests with huge kauri trees that instinctively make you want to hug them in the north. If you want hunting then there is a wide variety provided you are not a convicted felon and are prepared to pay for permits. There is the geothermal activity. And so on.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

The only thing bad about New Zealand is that this pedophile @Cornfed lives there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

kangarunner wrote:
January 10th, 2021, 2:48 am
The only thing bad about New Zealand is that this pedophile @Cornfed lives there.
@Winston it might be an idea to ban this troll.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Cornfed wrote:
January 10th, 2021, 5:31 am
kangarunner wrote:
January 10th, 2021, 2:48 am
@Winston it might be an idea to ban this troll.
Cornfed is a very controversial poster, his comments are frequently related to racism against black people - but never to pedophilia.

He admires a certain former German leader and hates Jews.
He considers black people as monkeys, considers them as animals and not as humans.
He abhors interracial relationship between black and white people, especially white women with black guys.
He is also against white families who care about black children, especially in case of adoption.
and so on.

Otherwise Cornfed appears to be anti-feminist, anti-vaxxer, he is not a religious bigot.

I read many of his comments since years.

Pedophilia means a sexual desire coming from a person (gender irrelevant) clearly past puberty towards a prepubescent child (gender irrelevant)
Where did he ever made even any comment about 'pedophilia'?

I do not remember any comment from him suggesting that he is 'pedophile' orientated.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Cornfed wrote:
January 8th, 2021, 3:12 pm
Winston wrote:
January 8th, 2021, 5:58 am
Because what happens in America determines what happens in the world. Let’s say I led a brilliant, well planned revolution, overthrew the evil NZ regime and established a sane government. The US would just send in the marines and that would be the end of that. The revolution has to begin in America.
Cornfed makes a good point with this comment.

Well, not everywhere in this world, not all governments - especially those of large countries - care about what USA says.

However we have such a situation he mentions in South Korea and also in Japan.

Plenty of US-military in both countries and USA is forcing those governments even to pay for its military presence up to 80 percent of all costs.
Basically said, US-military in South Korea and Japan are similar to mercenary soldiers, a large part of their salaries is paid by a foreign country.

It's not only about military and foreign government related external politics - plenty of US-behavior is being forced as 'international law' on ordinary people under the guidance of USA. - USA tries to force people worldwide to accept such 'US-moral values' regardless if this is about religion, family life, human rights, women rights, children rights, animal rights, just teaching about everything what ordinary people should do in their daily life.

Understandable that foreign governments are getting more reluctant to accept USA as their leading nation.

USA is itself a mess - ordinary US-citizens are deeply in debts, legally USA is a chaos, a general health care system does not exist, medical care/drugs are seriously overpriced, high criminality, significant racist issues to deal with etc. -

Not really such a good place to live there, USA is far away from being considered as a role model of a nice country....
Berg
Freshman Poster

Post by Berg »

Is there a lockdown in Newzealand because of COVID?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Berg wrote:
January 16th, 2021, 1:19 am
Not right now. There was for a time.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

What would be New Zealand without Cornfed?

Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Cornfed wrote:
January 16th, 2021, 3:32 am
Berg wrote:
What about now?
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Neo wrote:
August 30th, 2021, 12:19 pm
Cornfed wrote:
January 16th, 2021, 3:32 am
Berg wrote:
What about now?
Apparently there is another lockdown. Thankfully I'm not there.