Should HA mods be stricter on trolls, shitposting and low-effort content?

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.

Should mods be stricter on trolls and shitposting?

Yes, action should be taken against disruptive members and low-effort content should be removed
86%
No, I like the forum as it is
14%
I don't care either way
No votes

Total votes: 7
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Re: Should HA mods be stricter on trolls, shitposting and low-effort content?

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

publicduende wrote:
April 11th, 2023, 11:35 am
Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
April 11th, 2023, 11:29 am
Your a good looking man. I don't see any problems.

I agree, PAG is a showboating funny troll, but Tsar, oh man, I think he is out of his mind even by HA standards. Never I seen threads so wacky, like "aborting 20%-40% male fetuses" and "PAG is a King". :lol:
It might be because of age-driven mellowing, but I would take a softer, more paternal approach with the likes of Tsar. @MarcosZeitola knows him a lot better than me and, trusting his judgment, I believe when he says that Tsar is not a bad man.

He is just prey of his naive world view. He just needs to take some practical steps towards building himself up as a fully-functioning man and member of society. This, regardless of his views on society, sexuality, and marriage. Whether he is the US or Bulgaria, whether he is blue or black pilled, he cannot afford to live like a solitary shipwrecked guy on a desert island. He wises up, or he will succumb and hurt, the moment he gets out of his little mind bubble. His behaviour might be tolerable in a teenager. In a 30-something grown-ass man, it's worrying.
Well.. there is so much we can do. We are not his parents, so it's up to him to come out of the rabbit hole he dug himself into or else he might wind up like this guy Chris Chan: https://sonichu.com/cwcki/Christian_Weston_Chandler.
The most documented autistic person on the internet. The biggest troll bait and mistake from God. The biggest slow motion human train wreck in America. There is over 50 parts each lasting 1 hour, youtube documentary about this guy by genosamuels.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

April 11th, 2023, 12:04 pm
Well.. there is so much we can do. We are not his parents, so it's up to him to come out of the rabbit hole he dug himself into or else he might wind up like this guy Chris Chan: https://sonichu.com/cwcki/Christian_Weston_Chandler.
The most documented autistic person on the internet. The biggest troll bait and mistake from God. The biggest slow motion human train wreck in America. There is over 50 parts each lasting 1 hour, youtube documentary about this guy by genosamuels.
I don't think Tsar is autistic, although some of his obsessions would be easy to qualify him as belonging in "the spectrum".

I am hitting 49 in a couple of months and I remember that, back in my days, nobody was too quick to label kids who wouldn't behave "as standard" with a medical condition. Unless one was severely autistic, with a condition that made them clearly not self-sufficient, we would be happy to call those kids "eccentric", or even "weird", but never "sick".

Make no mistake, bullying existed and was brutal, perhaps even more brutal than now. Yet, even with the most bullied kids at school, those who would be routinely thrown on the ground and stand up with signs of blood, partly ripped clothes and books, not one time I recall any bully even calling them "retarded", "handicapped", or any term implying a medical condition.

I think the US and their unbridled Big Pharma industry is responsible for the over-medicalisation of children, from kindergarden all the way to college. I guess I would put the watershed moment on the realisation of how much money early antidepressants like Prozac or Zoloft could make these companies. I would also add that, from what I read and understood, families that part of the world would feel more relieved to know that their kids had an established condition, than having to wonder whether their parenting choices had any effect on the child's development, personality or behaviour.

I wasn't aware of Chris Chan. The guy seems to have gotten way more attention than he deserved.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

@Tsar is doing okay. He is my friend and since I've been looking out for him he has been doing much better and his behaviour has improved massively. He's actually very bright and intuitive, way more than people give him credit for. I endeared myself to him through acting with compassion when he was going through a bad time. Me, @Lucas88 and @MarcosZeitola are all here to support him and help steer him in the right direction.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
April 11th, 2023, 12:43 pm
@Tsar is doing okay. He is my friend and since I've been looking out for him he has been doing much better and his behaviour has improved massively. He's actually very bright and intuitive, way more than people give him credit for. I endeared myself to him through acting with compassion when he was going through a bad time. Me, @Lucas88 and @MarcosZeitola are all here to support him and help steer him in the right direction.
I feel the same. Without a bit of empathy and camaraderie, this place wouldn't be what it is...or, at least, used to be.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

publicduende wrote:
April 11th, 2023, 12:40 pm
April 11th, 2023, 12:04 pm
I don't think Tsar is autistic, although some of his obsessions would be easy to qualify him as belonging in "the spectrum".

I am hitting 49 in a couple of months and I remember that, back in my days, nobody was too quick to label kids who wouldn't behave "as standard" with a medical condition. Unless one was severely autistic, with a condition that made them clearly not self-sufficient, we would be happy to call those kids "eccentric", or even "weird", but never "sick".

Make no mistake, bullying existed and was brutal, perhaps even more brutal than now. Yet, even with the most bullied kids at school, those who would be routinely thrown on the ground and stand up with signs of blood, partly ripped clothes and books, not one time I recall any bully even calling them "retarded", "handicapped", or any term implying a medical condition.

I think the US and their unbridled Big Pharma industry is responsible for the over-medicalisation of children, from kindergarden all the way to college. I guess I would put the watershed moment on the realisation of how much money early antidepressants like Prozac or Zoloft could make these companies. I would also add that, from what I read and understood, families that part of the world would feel more relieved to know that their kids had an established condition, than having to wonder whether their parenting choices had any effect on the child's development, personality or behaviour.

I wasn't aware of Chris Chan. The guy seems to have gotten way more attention than he deserved.
I wasn't implying Tsar had autism. This guy Chris Chan has autism, I don't know about tsar's condition. I think I went bit off tangent here..
My main point is we are not Tsar's parents and there is very limited things we can do to help him. Well If YOU want to help him then go ahead. Personally I think he should try to help himself because I don't personally know him like Marcos Z or you, and he is not my friend or enemy.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
That's good to know. For what it's worth, if I can give him some good advice and a touch of tough love via PM, I am game.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
Me, @Lucas88 and @MarcosZeitola are all here to support him and help steer him in the right direction.
@publicduende @Natural_Born_Cynic

What Pixel--Dude says above is true. Pixel--Dude and I have been in contact with Tsar for months now and frequently talk to him. Marcos has been friends with Tsar since even longer.

Tsar is not a bad guy at all. He is actually very intelligent and thoughtful and has many good qualities. His online persona isn't a true reflection of who he is.

In order to understand the reason for Tsar's angry outbursts and outlandish fantasies expressed here on HA, first it is necessary to know about his not-so-happy life history. Tsar was always a complete misfit in the US. He never had a single real-life friend there and didn't get along with his own family either. Up until now his social life has been almost entirely online. The result of this was an extremely depressed and bitter young man and this bitterness would often manifest in his fantasy posts. To an outsider who doesn't know the real Tsar, he can appear insane.

Fortunately, Tsar is in a much better mental state now that he has a small group of friends who talk to him online almost daily and have his back. He's taking steps to improve his own life with us giving him advice and he's doing much better than when he posted those suicidal messages about 6 months ago. We now genuinely consider Tsar a friend and we have plans for him to come and visit us next month. He'll be able to experience his first in-the-flesh encounter with some of his friends (all of his friendships are with people online who he's still yet to meet) and thereby gain real-world social experience and grown as a result.

Experience – that's the key to growth. Tsar just needs to acquire more experience of interacting with people in the real world. I'm sure that through experience he will overcome his deficiencies and become more socially savvy. I'm speaking from personal experience here, by the way. I used to be incredibly socially awkward but managed to improve over years through immersion in more socially fertile cultures such as Spain. I just threw myself in at the deep end and forced myself to talk to people. That was the only way I was going to become fluent in Spanish. I understand what it's like to be a misfit with a need for real-world social experience but little opportunity for that in one's own country. So I understand Tsar's situation quite well.

Tsar is on the right track. He now has genuine friends who are willing to meet up with him in real life in Pixel--Dude and me; @MarcosZeitola has told Tsar that he'll help him get established in the Philippines and find a virgin wife, and Tsar also has various projects that he's working towards. We all want the best for him! 8)
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Lucas88 wrote:
April 11th, 2023, 1:47 pm
@publicduende @Natural_Born_Cynic
What Pixel--Dude says above is true. Pixel--Dude and I have been in contact with Tsar for months now and frequently talk to him. Marcos has been friends with Tsar since even longer.

Tsar is not a bad guy at all. He is actually very intelligent and thoughtful and has many good qualities. His online persona isn't a true reflection of who he is.

In order to understand the reason for Tsar's angry outbursts and outlandish fantasies expressed here on HA, first it is necessary to know about his not-so-happy life history. Tsar was always a complete misfit in the US. He never had a single real-life friend there and didn't get along with his own family either. Up until now his social life has been almost entirely online. The result of this was an extremely depressed and bitter young man and this bitterness would often manifest in his fantasy posts. To an outsider who doesn't know the real Tsar, he can appear insane.

Fortunately, Tsar is in a much better mental state now that he has a small group of friends who talk to him online almost daily and have his back. He's taking steps to improve his own life with us giving him advice and he's doing much better than when he posted those suicidal messages about 6 months ago. We now genuinely consider Tsar a friend and we have plans for him to come and visit us next month. He'll be able to experience his first in-the-flesh encounter with some of his friends (all of his friendships are with people online who he's still yet to meet) and thereby gain real-world social experience and grown as a result.

Experience – that's the key to growth. Tsar just needs to acquire more experience of interacting with people in the real world. I'm sure that through experience he will overcome his deficiencies and become more socially savvy. I'm speaking from personal experience here, by the way. I used to be incredibly socially awkward but managed to improve over years through immersion in more socially fertile cultures such as Spain. I just threw myself in at the deep end and forced myself to talk to people. That was the only way I was going to become fluent in Spanish. I understand what it's like to be a misfit with a need for real-world social experience but little opportunity for that in one's own country. So I understand Tsar's situation quite well.

Tsar is on the right track. He now has genuine friends who are willing to meet up with him in real life in Pixel--Dude and me; @MarcosZeitola has told Tsar that he'll help him get established in the Philippines and find a virgin wife, and Tsar also has various projects that he's working towards. We all want the best for him! 8)
Wow. This is one of the most beautiful things I have ever read, on this forum or anywhere else online. Honour to you, @Pixel--Dude and obviously @MarcosZeitola, for embracing a fragile someone when they need you the most.

I wish some of those Google drones who relegated this place to "junkyard status" could read the above and know, as some of us know, that this is a very special kind of junkyard.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

publicduende wrote:
April 11th, 2023, 1:59 pm
I wish some of those Google drones who relegated this place to "junkyard status" could read the above and know, as some of us know, that this is a very special kind of junkyard.
Given that the Google drones are pure evil, if they were capable of knowing that it would only increase their disapproval.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

@Lucas88

Wow, Damn.. I wish I get that kind of support. I envy Tsar now. :D

I understand where you coming from. I am also a misfit in U.S society like Tsar. However the difference is that I had to pull myself on my bootstrap, had to fight every motherf*cker that got in my way and have to get a job in the U.S. A job in Logistics isn't very fun, but at least I get to make a decent living, helping other people move their stuff to Korea, etc. It's a very harsh and jarring reality. My parents didn't helped me, all my real life friends have betrayed me, and there was no gravy train of support for me. I had to figure out every thing by myself. I have never received "an iota" of support from anyone in my entire life. Still somehow, I am surviving and self sufficient at least. :D

I didn't know Tsar very well and I just though he was insane, but it seems that I am wrong about that.
Well I hope your group therapy session with Tsar goes well. I am looking forward to see a successful and changed men behind the insane outbursts in HA. If you guys say he is more intelligence and insightful as he appears then I am looking forward to it. Good luck then.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Cornfed wrote:
April 11th, 2023, 2:01 pm
publicduende wrote:
April 11th, 2023, 1:59 pm
Given that the Google drones are pure evil, if they were capable of knowing that it would only increase their disapproval.
What matters is my approval. Whatever the trolling, controversy and chaos, the HA spirit is alive and kicking. They have this thing in the Philippines called "bayanihan", which literally means people get pleasure and satisfaction to help their fellow with life-changing matters, even knowing that they won't get anything in return.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

April 11th, 2023, 2:04 pm
@Lucas88

I understand where you coming from. I am also a misfit in U.S society like Tsar. However the difference is that I had to pull myself on my bootstrap, had to fight every motherf*cker that got in my way and have to get a job in the U.S. A job in Logistics isn't very fun, but at least I get to make a decent living, helping other people move their stuff to Korea, etc. It's a very harsh and jarring reality. My parents didn't helped me, all my real life friends have betrayed me, and there was no gravy train of support for me. I had to figure out every thing by myself. I have never received "an iota" of support from anyone in my entire life. Still somehow, I am surviving and self sufficient at least. :D

I didn't know Tsar very well and I just though he was insane, but it seems that I am wrong about that.
Well I hope your group therapy session with Tsar goes well. I am looking forward to see a successful and changed men behind the insane outbursts in HA. If you guys say he is more intelligence and insightful as he appears then I am looking forward to it. Good luck then.
Well, at least you know that, were you in the position to need help, you would find someone genuinely interested in helping, down here.

Every ancient wisdom says that the virtue of the Strong is not in showing his strength, but in lending it to the Weak.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

publicduende wrote:
April 11th, 2023, 2:09 pm
April 11th, 2023, 2:04 pm
@Lucas88

Well, at least you know that, were you in the position to need help, you would find someone genuinely interested in helping, down here.

Every ancient wisdom says that the virtue of the Strong is not in showing his strength, but in lending it to the Weak.
Nope.. at least not in America. I know European white people are marginally more open minded then their U.S counterparts.. at least. Anyway,
No affirmative action, no group of friends, no wealthy parents like Winston, no special preferential treatment for me. I am pretty much a cynical "lone wolf" character. I would make a good sniper or commando if I was in the military.

Good thing that I don't need my hands held and be guided by somebody else like some stupid spoiled man child(I am not talking about Tsar at all).
I take my own initiative and doesn't need to be coddled or guided by anyone.

But you know, I just want to say to you guys, good luck on "Project Tsar". I am looking forward to see a brilliant person in the future. Ciao! :D
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

April 11th, 2023, 2:21 pm
Nope.. at least not in America. I know European white people are marginally more open minded then their U.S counterparts.. at least. Anyway,
No affirmative action, no group of friends, no wealthy parents like Winston, no special preferential treatment for me. I am pretty much a cynical "lone wolf" character. I would make a good sniper or commando if I was in the military.

Good thing that I don't need my hands held and be guided by somebody else like some stupid spoiled man child(I am not talking about Tsar at all).

But you know, I just want to say to you guys, good luck on "Project Tsar". I am looking forward to see a brilliant person in the future. Ciao! :D
@Tsar is an American young man, like you are, at least by adoption. That you managed to build yourself up from the ground and without any help from family, relatives or friends, is remarkable.

It's perhaps another trait of the Anglo-saxon culture, that "you mustn't grumble" that places little value in mutual help. There is nothing wrong in seeking for help, nothing wrong in helping, this whether help is solicited or un-solicited.

There might be a "Project NBC" in the future, who knows... The most important thing is that help is on the table, for good people like you, when is needed.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

publicduende wrote:
April 11th, 2023, 2:36 pm
April 11th, 2023, 2:21 pm

@Tsar is an American young man, like you are, at least by adoption. That you managed to build yourself up from the ground and without any help from family, relatives or friends, is remarkable.

It's perhaps another trait of the Anglo-saxon culture, that "you mustn't grumble" that places little value in mutual help. There is nothing wrong in seeking for help, nothing wrong in helping, this whether help is solicited or un-solicited.

There might be a "Project NBC" in the future, who knows... The most important thing is that help is on the table, for good people like you, when is needed.
Well.. no one cared about my mental and emotional well being. but I ended up being self sufficient...I don't know if that is something I should even brag about. Koreans usually don't believe in psychotherapy like westerners do. They think psychotherapy is for the mentally insane or as a last resort.

They expect you to tough it out and pave your own way. That is why.. I didn't have any one to fall back to. I had to fight my own battles..I don't know about Tsar's ethnicity, is he a white dude?

I only know little bit of info about Tsar.. I know his from Rhode Island, majored in Finance, outcast in America, likes virgin Russia girls,
went to Bulgaria, threatened suicide and the rest remains sketchy for me..

I am just giving you a brief overview of kind of environment that I grew up in.. I don't know.. perhaps I have more "Willpower" that I didn't end up like Mr. Tsar. I don't think I need project NBC.. but thanks for your offer. :)
Last edited by Natural_Born_Cynic on April 11th, 2023, 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.