Should the forum theme be rotated every few days?

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.

Should the forum theme be rotated every few days to keep the forum interesting?

Yes! Rotating the theme keeps the forum interesting and stimulating, and gives us a new surprise every time we come here!
29%
No. That's kind of annoying. I'd rather see the same theme each time. Just pick one of the BLUE and WHITE themes as the default and leave it that way.
43%
No. That's kind of annoying. I'd rather see the same theme each time. Just pick one of the BLACK or DARK background themes as the default and leave it that way.
29%
Do what you want. It doesn't really matter to me.
No votes

Total votes: 7
StanfordGuy
Freshman Poster

Re: Should the forum theme be rotated every few days?

Post by StanfordGuy »

Winston wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 6:42 am
hypermak wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 4:23 am
I am not a website developer or a programmer but, for what I know about visual balance, I can see this blue/sea theme is a mess. @Winston if you have maybe $500 to invest, there is plenty of good designers in the Philippines, Vietnam or Indonesia, who will be able to:
  • create an official logo and banner for the HA site and forum
  • make a simple choice of font, colours and icons
  • apply the required changes to the site and forum.
Why would you need to invest $500 in the PH for that? That's crazy. No one needs to spend that much. There are many free forum themes to choose from, and many ways to make a logo online for free. No need to custom design anything or pay that much in a third world country. You are way off man.

What kind of theme do you like hypermak? How about one with Roman/Italian style Renaissance architecture? lol

Why don't you like the Blue Turtle theme? Lots of people like it. Why don't you? What's wrong with you? lol :P
I think these themes are fitting to the type of people you have coming here

Hyperguy

his sister

Cousin

Daughter

Maybe you find an american flag theme

:lol:

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

StanfordGuy
Freshman Poster

Post by StanfordGuy »

Cornfed wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 9:11 am
StanfordGuy wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 9:01 am
Someone reviewed your site :lol:
The review is clearly wrong, or at least once was. There were indeed females who found Western men more attractive than did Western feminist sluts because feminism changes females' perspective on what is attractive.
Oh yeah, so what is attractive now?
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

StanfordGuy wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 9:13 am
I think these themes are fitting to the type of people you have coming here

Hyperguy

his sister

Cousin

Daughter

Maybe you find an american flag theme

:lol:
Meanwhile, StenchfordGay and his teammate hatch a plan to dominate the world with the power of their superior analytical intellect. :D

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

StanfordGuy wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 9:28 am
Cornfed wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 9:11 am
StanfordGuy wrote:
Someone reviewed your site :lol:
The review is clearly wrong, or at least once was. There were indeed females who found Western men more attractive than did Western feminist sluts because feminism changes females' perspective on what is attractive.
Oh yeah, so what is attractive now?
Under feminism the care of females and children is communised, with decent and intelligent men being plundered and their wealth given to females for nothing in return. Therefore females will find intelligence and decency in men to be maladaptive and tend to find stupid assholes, who effectively have the government subsidising their reproduction, more attractive. Within that context, since sex is all about entertainment for females they will want to have sex with men they associate with entertainment - playboys, musicians, athletes, drug dealers, bar staff, bikers, criminal underclass etc. Ordinary working men will be seen as boring and redundant, since females get their money anyway. Also, since females can get casual sex easily in feminist societies, they will tend to get bored with normal sex with normal men and various perversions will come to the fore. In non-feminist societies things are pretty much the opposite.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

hypermak wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 9:35 am
Meanwhile, StenchfordGay and his teammate hatch a plan to dominate the world with the power of their superior analytical intellect. :D

He actually seems to have served as a model for that cartoon making fun of blacks.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

hypermak wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 7:50 am
Winston wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 6:42 am
Why would you need to invest $500 in the PH for that? That's crazy. No one needs to spend that much. There are many free forum themes to choose from, and many ways to make a logo online for free. No need to custom design anything or pay that much in a third world country. You are way off man.

What kind of theme do you like hypermak? How about one with Roman/Italian style Renaissance architecture? lol

Why don't you like the Blue Turtle theme? Lots of people like it. Why don't you? What's wrong with you? lol :P
Nope LOL that's what I meant... There are a probably lot of free templates around, but installing and having them tweaked to look unique and give your HA endeavour a sense of uniqueness, of brand identity, may not be free. Even if you don't spend $500, you could contact someone to advise you how to give the HA site and this companion forum a fresh look.

I am personally a fan of clean and simple designs. Neither of the forum themes I have seen so far as exactly clean and simple...

I just found this page with a Google search. Someone consider these themes particularly good and, while their taste may be subjective, they all have one thing in common: few colours, simple layout, in other words a clean presentation.

https://designsmaz.com/best-responsive-phpbb-themes/
Those are nice themes. But they aren't free. Elegance theme was like that. Why didn't you like or advocate that theme then?

index.php?style=21

Some of the free themes for phpbb are also clean, simple and neat too. I showed you guys some remember? It includes Elegance too.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

StanfordGuy wrote:
Winston wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 6:41 am
StanfordGuy wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 4:00 am
It's amazing how some people have absolutely no aesthetic taste or business sense. I'm going back to developing my websites full time
What is your idea of a good forum theme then? The one on Culture Whiz with simple white background and green lines? lol. Is that aesthetically pleasing to you? lol. Show us an example of what you think is a great forum theme. I could install the greatest theme in the world and you'd diss it.
Clean and simple like a book. Someone reviewed your site :lol:

Well since you are here on HA, that applies to YOU too! haha. :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

Elegance theme was clean and simple. Why didn't you like or advocate that theme then?

index.php?style=21

Some of the free themes for phpbb are also clean, simple and neat too. I showed you guys some remember? It includes Elegance too.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

Winston wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 6:21 pm
Those are nice themes. But they aren't free. Elegance theme was like that. Why didn't you like or advocate that theme then?

index.php?style=21

I gave you the page to have an idea of what constitutes a visually "fresh and clean" page. I didn't check whether those themes were free or not. They are usually quite cheap though, maybe $50 one-off, aren't they?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hypermak,
Doesn't this free theme called Basic from phpbb look clean and neat too, just like the paid ones in your link?

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/basic/demo/3.2

Also hypermak, in those paid themes, the latest topics box was on the right side of the forum. We can do that here too. Do you prefer that?

It seems that no matter what theme you use, someone will always bitch about it. You guys sure love to bitch. Why can't you just go with the flow and enjoy the current theme and be a good sport and try to see the bright side of everything? lol

hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

Winston wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 10:12 pm
Hypermak,
Doesn't this free theme called Basic from phpbb look clean and neat too, just like the paid ones in your link?

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/basic/demo/3.2

Also hypermak, in those paid themes, the latest topics box was on the right side of the forum. We can do that here too. Do you prefer that?

It seems that no matter what theme you use, someone will always bitch about it. You guys sure love to bitch. Why can't you just go with the flow and enjoy the current theme and be a good sport and try to see the bright side of everything? lol
Yes, it looks good. Is this the default theme though? It might be instantly recognisable as such, by those in the know. Perhaps you can consult someone to just get one of the basic themes slighltly customised so it's unique to you and your brand. That is, if you are interested in creating a brand.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

hypermak wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 10:31 pm
Yes, it looks good. Is this the default theme though? It might be instantly recognisable as such, by those in the know. Perhaps you can consult someone to just get one of the basic themes slighltly customised so it's unique to you and your brand. That is, if you are interested in creating a brand.
That theme is similar to the Elegance theme that we have as our default theme. Because it was made by the same designed, Artodia. This is the Elegance theme we are using now:

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... 2/demo/3.2

It's clean and neat, but erratic people like HappyGuy dislike it. lol

What do you mean customize it? With a logo? We already have a site logo mod that inserts our logo and headerbar at the top, remember? So that does customize the forum. Are you talking about other customizations?

HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

Winston wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 10:54 pm
That theme is similar to the Elegance theme that we have as our default theme.

It's clean and neatl
You need a unique theme with personality because if you use a bland modern theme visitors will take one look at it and they will assume this is a less successful copy of other forums like Roosh. They won't have a reason to stay. You think by switching to a modern theme you're helping secure the future of your forum but that's wrong. By making it look like everyone else you'd lose your advantage. You'd be falling for the same mistake a lot of growing businesses make when they get too greedy. Stop trying to be like everyone else and don't lose the things that set you apart, what works for the big sites won't work for you because you don't have their budget. They get a lot of traffic from advertising and word of mouth so they can afford to have an ugly unoriginal forum. Go in the opposite direction, your forum isn't unique enough. If it sounds like a big project and you don't want to put in the effort that's up to you. There's no point pretending the thing holding this place back was not having the newest forum software and not looking enough like everyone else.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

I like the old forum look. This theme is too distracting. Maybe a different background of beautiful women would be better, but that maybe more distracting.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Come on guys. Don't you get tired of seeing the same forum theme everyday? Isn't it better to mix it up? Isn't variety the spice of life? I'm sure some of you guys feel that way about women, and so you like having a variety of women or sexual partners. lol. Why can't you feel the same about forum themes? lol

WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

The Blue Turtle at the top is larger than the Happier Abroad heading.