Should the forum theme be rotated every few days?

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.

Should the forum theme be rotated every few days to keep the forum interesting?

Yes! Rotating the theme keeps the forum interesting and stimulating, and gives us a new surprise every time we come here!
29%
No. That's kind of annoying. I'd rather see the same theme each time. Just pick one of the BLUE and WHITE themes as the default and leave it that way.
43%
No. That's kind of annoying. I'd rather see the same theme each time. Just pick one of the BLACK or DARK background themes as the default and leave it that way.
29%
Do what you want. It doesn't really matter to me.
No votes

Total votes: 7
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Should the forum theme be rotated every few days?

Post by jamesbond »

Winston wrote:
June 8th, 2020, 4:31 pm
Welcome to the new Halloween theme everyone! LOL. Hope you all like it. I'm sure HappyGuy will, since he loves colorful themes. Isn't the orange in this theme really pretty? lol. I know you guys are thinking "WTF Winston?! It's not even Halloween!" Yeah I know, but we can pretend it's Halloween for fun right? lol. Either way, you should experience this orangey theme. It's really pretty. lol. Hope it brightens your day! :) :lol:

Btw, do you guys like the ghosts and bats floating on the screen for a while? lol. They seem to appear each time the page loads. Should we keep that or disable it? lol. I'm sure HappyGuy likes it at least. lol

Out of all the themes, this one is my favorite, it's pretty easy on the eyes and the orange pumkins in the background look cool, so do the flying bats across the screen. 8)
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Winston wrote:
Welcome to the new Halloween theme everyone! LOL. Hope you all like it.
It's shite. Turn it back to the coffee theme! These f***ing bats are doing my head in. :evil:
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Lol. Well I guess as Hypermak said, this old Italian parable says it all. You can't please everyone. There will always be complainers and critics. This parable applies to the forum members here too, not just to the general public.

viewtopic.php?p=340208#p340208

There is a funny story my Dad used to tell me when I was a kid and stuck with me. It went like this. An old farmer was going back home with his young son and the mule, after a hard day in the fields. As they walked through the lanes, people would watch and comment.

Boy asked his dad to ride the mule, so dad lifted him and sat him on the mule. The next man they passed by saw them and thought to himself "Look at that young brat, riding the mule like a king while his poor father is walking after a hard day!". Then the boy wanted to get down so dad and his son continue walking with the mule by their side.

The next man the passed by saw them and thought to himself "Can't believe how stupid those two guys are, walking after a hard day when they have a mule next to them!". After a while, dad got tired and jumped on the mule.

They passed by another man, who saw them and thought to himself "Look at that selfish old man, letting his young son walk while he rides...he's just a child!".

After a little while, boy jumped on the mule, too. That very moment a woman saw them and thought "Oh, poor mule, a whole day working in the fields and now he's got to take the burden of two men riding him for God knows how long!".

The story is basically saying that, whatever one does, there will always be someone disagreeing and criticising. All four situations were perfectly normal for the farmer, his son and the mule. Yet, people had something mean to say.

Conforming to a rule, a policy, a trend, an ideology just for the sake of complying, hoping to some rewards or respect, is not only silly, it's also useless, especially in this time and age when people are constantly swallowing whatever the mainstream media (which now include all the large social media) tells them to think, or do.

Better to be just yourself, @Winston. You will be criticised anyway but, at least, you will follow your conscience and heart. That's what I tried to do, too.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Doesn't this orange color theme brighten up your mood? lol. It does mine. Looks like candy too. lol. The smiling pumpkins in the background should brighten you up too. They are smiling and happy after all. lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

This theme has a good color scheme and Halloween is only four and half months away! :P
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Re: Server downtime announcements

Post by xiongmao »

Uh, what's with the Halloween theme? In June!!!???

The flying bats are kind of topical though.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Server downtime announcements

Post by Winston »

What do you mean kind of topical?

I told you, the Halloween theme is just for fun and a preview. Not to celebrate it. See the thread about it here.

viewtopic.php?p=340212#p340212

Btw, why did you post in the wrong thread? I moved your post to the right thread.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

yick wrote:
June 10th, 2020, 12:43 am
Winston wrote:
It's shite. Turn it back to the coffee theme! These f***ing bats are doing my head in. :evil:
Alright I went ahead and turned off the bats, so they don't annoy you guys anymore. lol. Hope you guys can appreciate the lovely orange colors here at least. Don't they brighten up your mood? lo

hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

Winston wrote:
June 13th, 2020, 7:30 pm
yick wrote:
Winston wrote:
Alright I went ahead and turned off the bats, so they don't annoy you guys anymore. lol. Hope you guys can appreciate the lovely orange colors here at least. Don't they brighten up your mood? lo
It's a Halloween theme @Winston, it's cute but totally out of context. I really hope you'll sober up soon and reinstall a more standard-looking theme, and leave it on.

Isn't there an option where individual users can choose their forum theme? That way, at least, you can give us the choice of something fancier or more standard.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

hypermak wrote:
June 13th, 2020, 8:36 pm
Winston wrote:
June 13th, 2020, 7:30 pm
yick wrote:
Winston wrote:
It's a Halloween theme @Winston, it's cute but totally out of context. I really hope you'll sober up soon and reinstall a more standard-looking theme, and leave it on.

Isn't there an option where individual users can choose their forum theme? That way, at least, you can give us the choice of something fancier or more standard.
Yes but don't be so rigid. The theme is pretty and cute, regardless of what holiday it is. And it brightens your mood too. I couldn't wait for you guys to enjoy it. So I included it in the rotation.

Yes you can choose your own themes after the rotation tour is over. This is the last theme before we go back to our default theme. Relax man and appreciate the beauty of this theme.

At least you're glad that the bats have been disabled now right? lol

hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

Winston wrote:
June 13th, 2020, 8:39 pm
Yes you can choose your own themes after the rotation tour is over. This is the last theme before we go back to our default theme. Relax man and appreciate the beauty of this theme.
LOL it reminds me I am finding it hard to find fresh pumpkin or pumpkin flour for my soups and purees. :-)
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Welcome to our new default theme everyone. Hope you like it. After a few days, I will unlock all themes so you can select your own in your board preferences. For now I will lock this theme so you can try it out for a while and see what you think. :)

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Doesn't this theme look like the rooshv forum theme? Lol http://www.rooshvforum.com/

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

What do you guys think of this modern sleek looking forum theme? Do you all like it? Other than HappyGuy of course.

Winston
Site Admin

Forum themes are now UNLOCKED! You may select your theme under Board Preferences in the UCP

Post by Winston »

Update:

Ok I've unlocked the forum themes now so you can select the theme you like under Board Preferences in your UCP. See here: ucp.php . You can also select the Prosilver Theme and the Dark Theme directly by clicking the links to them in the top right of the forum under the share buttons and banner. Let me know if there are any issues.

Enjoy the variety of themes to choose from everyone, and hope you all enjoyed the theme rotation tour. :) We should do that again sometime right? Just kidding. lol ;)