Facebook/Twitter/Google social network logins are now enabled!

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.

Should we install Facebook/Google logins and registrations in the forum?

Yes that would be a great idea. Integrating the forum with social media and allowing registrations from social media would make it easier for more people to join the forum and thus increase participation, and modernize the forum as well!
25%
No, that's a bad idea. Stay away from Facebook. That's for idiots and would only attract idiots. And possibly may result in Facebook monitoring and spying of us as well.
75%
Indifferent. Don't care either way.
No votes

Total votes: 8
HappyGuy

Re: Should we install Facebook/Google logins and registrations in the forum?

Post by HappyGuy »

MrMan wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 10:59 pm
If it does not affect those who have passwords already, I do not care that much. But if I had to share Facebook or Google info with the forum, I'd probably just stop using happierabroad.com.
Winston doesn't seem to mind his members will soon face infractions from Facebook and Google for their posts on Happierabroad whether or not they login using Facebook or Google. He believes these companies will help him grow his website and they will do this for free.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

HappyGuy wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 4:50 pm
MrMan wrote:
If it does not affect those who have passwords already, I do not care that much. But if I had to share Facebook or Google info with the forum, I'd probably just stop using happierabroad.com.
Winston doesn't seem to mind his members will soon face infractions from Facebook and Google for their posts on Happierabroad whether or not they login using Facebook or Google. He believes these companies will help him grow his website and they will do this for free.
Winston is behaving like someone who has just woken up from a coma lasting several years and is completely unfamiliar with the state of the current Internet. Maybe he had other things on his mind.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Cornfed wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 4:22 pm
Winston wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 5:52 am
josephty2 wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 9:26 pm
I was on Amtrak train and their wifi blocked me from using this website. It said this website promoted racism & xenophobia.
Yeah thanks to Cornfed. lol. What if I just move his offending posts to the NSFW section? Would we be cleared I wonder?
Lol, in 2017 that might have been a plausible assumption, but these days even your own posts would be completely beyond the pale as far as the censors are concerned. Anything short of 100% political correctness will attract reprisals. Think of all the free thinkers you have followed over the years. Who among them has not attracted deplatforming of some sort?
BTW @Winston , if you are going to move or delete or otherwise mess with my posts, could you give me a chance to copy them first.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

HappyGuy wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 3:23 pm
Winston wrote:
josephty2 wrote:
I was on Amtrak train and their wifi blocked me from using this website. It said this website promoted racism & xenophobia.
Yeah thanks to Cornfed. lol. What if I just move his offending posts to the NSFW section? Would we be cleared I wonder?
Thanks to having Google bots for the forum a Facebook group.
In the admin panel i can disallow google bot from seeing certain boards here. Should i do that? If so which boards?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

HappyGuy wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 4:50 pm
MrMan wrote:
How is that possible? This forum is very secure and now on https. Facebook cannot hack this forum software and steal data. Its impossible. The data and security here are encrypted. In Star Trek first contact, Data said even the Borg collective cannot break data thats encrypted.

Aren't you guys being overly paranoid here? You act like FB and Twitter are cartoon villains. While it may be partially true in that power always wants more power and control and to conquer new territory, still your caricature of them as cartoon villains is a bit naive don't you think?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Cornfed wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 5:04 pm
Cornfed wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 4:22 pm
Winston wrote:
josephty2 wrote:
Lol, in 2017 that might have been a plausible assumption, but these days even your own posts would be completely beyond the pale as far as the censors are concerned. Anything short of 100% political correctness will attract reprisals. Think of all the free thinkers you have followed over the years. Who among them has not attracted deplatforming of some sort?
BTW @Winston , if you are going to move or delete or otherwise mess with my posts, could you give me a chance to copy them first.
Sure but if i move your posts to a board that Google cant see it doesn't mean you cant see them. You can still access them and save them. In addition i can also backup a file for u containing all your posts in xml format or SQL format or text format. I already did that for Rock from the phpmyadmin panel.

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Winston wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 12:21 am
In addition i can also backup a file for u containing all your posts in xml format or SQL format or text format. I already did that for Rock from the phpmyadmin panel.
That would be absolutely awesome. If you did that, I wouldn't even mind if you subsequently deleted my posts. Maybe I will make a book or two of my posts, just as Ghost apparently did with his.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Cornfed wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 12:35 am
Winston wrote:
In addition i can also backup a file for u containing all your posts in xml format or SQL format or text format. I already did that for Rock from the phpmyadmin panel.
That would be absolutely awesome. If you did that, I wouldn't even mind if you subsequently deleted my posts. Maybe I will make a book or two of my posts, just as Ghost apparently did with his.
Ok I could do it for you. It would take maybe 15 min. But if lots of people start asking me to do the same, shouldn't I charge a small fee for this? lol

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out this plugin that allow for not only FB and Twitter logins, but logins from many other social media platforms. What do you all think? Isn't that rad? Isn't this the quintessential hallmark of globalization? lol

https://www.oneall.com/services/social- ... ial-login/

https://github.com/oneall/social-login-phpbb

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... cial_login
Description

Social Login allows your users to login and register with 30+ social networks. It increases your phpBB user registration rate by simplifying the registration process for new users and provides permission-based social data retrieved from the social network profiles.

Supported Social Networks:
Amazon
Blogger
Disqus
Facebook
Foursquare
Github.com
Google
Instagram
LinkedIn'
LiveJournal
Mail.ru
Odnoklassniki
OpenID
PayPal
Reddit
Skyrock.com
StackExchange
Steam
Twitch.tv
Twitter
Vimeo
VKontakte
Windows Live
WordPress.com
Yahoo
YouTube

Social Login increases your registration rate
Social Login helps increasing your user registration rate by simplifying the registration process and provides permission-based social data retrieved from the social network profiles.

Social Login simplifies the login process
Your existing users can furthermore link their regular account to one or more social networks or identity providers and can then use these social network accounts to login without having to remember another username/password combination.

API Connection
The social network APIs are constantly changing and being updated. OneAll monitors these changes and automatically updates it's API, so you can be sure Social Login will always run smoothly and with the most up-to-date API calls. In order to connect with the OneAll API, you have to create a new account at https://app.oneall.com/.

About Us
Social Login is maintained by OneAll, a technology company offering a set of web-delivered tools and services for establishing and optimizing a site's connection with social networks.

Visit us at:
http://www.oneall.com

Need help?
The Social Login documentation is available at:
http://docs.oneall.com/plugins/guide/so ... gin-phpbb/

We are devoted to creating a positive experience for our customers and always try to go above and beyond your expectations. Do not hesitate to contact us for questions about the Social Login extension, to give us your feedback or if you need any help with the integration of the module.

Our team answers your questions at:
http://support.oneall.com/forums/

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Cornfed wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 12:35 am
Winston wrote:
Hi Cornfed,
I just downloaded all your posts into several file formats. I then zipped them up in a zip file for you to download. I sent you the download link to your PM. Check there. I didn't post the link here in the forum because the files contain your IPs which are confidential. Let me know when you are done downloading it so I can remove it from the server.

The zip file contains several file formats. Most of them can be opened in Wordpad or Notepad. I also tried exporting your posts into a PDF file earlier, but it kept crashing my server. That's why the forum was down for a while earlier. I don't know why that would happen. Strange. So I wasn't able to export in that format. But I was able to export them into 5 other formats that should open ok in word processing software.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Did you download your posts that I sent to you by PM yet @Cornfed? Let me know so I can take them off the server.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Documentation from phpbb user guide on how to enable OAuth for Facebook, Google and Twitter logins in the forum. Posted here for reference.

https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... al_client/
OAuth Authentication

OAuth requires a key and a secret. These are provided to you from the OAuth provider. Each provider may have a different name for the key and secret

BITLY: Your token information can be found here: https://bitly.com/a/oauth_apps. Your key is the Client ID and your secret is the Client Secret.

FACEBOOK: You will need to create an application on Facebook to obtain your token information. The App ID is your key and the App Secret is your secret.

GOOGLE: Visit the Google Developers Console to create a new OAuth Client ID. You can find it on the left side under "APIs and auth --> Credentials". Your Client ID will serve as the key and your Client Secret will serve as the secret. Additionally, you will need to create a "Consent screen" in the Developers Console as well. Specify the following REQUEST URIS when you set up your client ID on the Google Developers Console:

http://{your_board_URL}/ucp.php?mode=login&login=external&oauth_service=google

http://{your_board_URL}/ucp.php?i=ucp_auth_link&mode=auth_link&link=1&oauth_service=google

The link ID may be different from your board. If it is, you will receive an error when attempting to link an account. Change the "1" to the number found in the request URI error that Google gives you.

Winston
Site Admin

Facebook/Twitter/Google social network logins are now enabled!

Post by Winston »

Announcement:

I just installed an extension that will now allow people to login and create an account using their Facebook, Google, or Twitter accounts. You will see the social media login buttons on the login pages and registration pages. If you are a lurker, you can now login using your social network account easily with the click of a button! See the login page here: ucp.php?mode=login

Hope this helps encourages more people to register and participate on the forum. Let's see how it goes.

HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

Winston wrote:
June 4th, 2020, 12:24 pm
Facebook, Google, or Twitter

Hope this helps encourages more people to register and participate on the forum. Let's see how it goes.
You traded Guest posting for Facebook posting? :shock: Are you trying to kill your forum? There are only several loyal posters left. We were hoping you would get away from Google browsers and Google bots and take steps to ensure anonymity so intelligent and cautious lurkers would be willing to contribute posts and the forum wouldn't have to rely on the same old members to survive.

Now Shemp, Marcos and maybe Cornfed, Mr Man, Neo and I won't use the forum anymore because it's a breach of privacy. Congratulations I'm sure you and PAG, Dan C and Mercury will be very happy together.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Facebook/Twitter/Google social network logins are now enabled!

Post by Winston »

You don't understand HappyGuy. You do not need to login to your Facebook or Twitter or Google accounts here. This is only for NEW users who want to use their social media to login to the forum faster. That's all. It's purely OPTIONAL for those who don't mind connecting their social media accounts. It has NO EFFECT on you dude!

You are being overly paranoid man. Why don't you start talking about less offensive topics, so that you won't be so paranoid and have nothing to hide? Stop being a wimp. If you want to say something, then take responsibility for it and be brave and be a man. Don't be afraid of what you say. If you are, then stop posting taboo content, then you will have nothing to be paranoid about. Very simple.

Also, don't forget, over 1000 people are on our FB group here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/happierabroad2

They aren't paranoid about FB seeing what they write. And they are posting the same taboo stuff that you guys are. So far, there are no problems. So why should you? No one is forcing you to login to your FB account. It's purely voluntary and up to you. Your free will and free choice. The FB login is just for convenience only.