America is done and is sinking

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
Light
Freshman Poster

Re: America is done and is sinking

Post by Light »

yick wrote:
May 5th, 2020, 11:12 pm
Some parts of America have already sunk - the Midwest - and those former industrial towns and cities are not being revived and nobody gives a shit.

However - the WHOLE of the West Coast of the United States and Canada will thrive beyond out of all recognition.

Any part of the Americas that faces Asia is thriving, any part of the Americas facing Europe is going into terminal decline - except for New York and probably Miami (because they also face Caribbean...) all those old, once prosperous Atlantic coastal cities are done for.

I will paraphrase my old hero Jim Rogers - if you're smart - move to the West Coast of the Americas - doesn't matter where - Peru, Chile, Panama, the Western coastal parts of North America because that's where the action is going to be and will be the best place to be to make coin outside of being in Asia. Wouldn't surprise me if the country actually broke up and became a customs union like it has in the former Soviet Union - with the terminally decaying Southern States of the United States being buoyed by a economically vibrant confederation of the Pacific US including Alaska and Hawaii.

Of course, the Western Coast of the US and Canada will become very Asian and mostly Chinese - but it will be a vibrant and wonderful place - far better than it is now, you will have a lot to look forward to if you can use chopsticks, speak Cantonese, Korean, Vietnamese or Mandarin (or Spanish! :lol: ) and don't mind being a minority 'round eye' I know some people can't handle that shit too well, there's always Indiana for you!
Everything you said is good but I disagree on two small things.

I think California would break into North California and South California among political lines.

Alaska is conservative, has oil revenue and they give Alaskan residents an annual payment from the oil fund, they must have one of the lowest debt and spending, and they don't have too much of a population but are a good place for tourism. They also have a fishing industry. They benefit from other things like military spending for bases and environmental scientists doing research on the nature, permafrost. They also get some filming because Alaska is good for some films. I don't see Alaska joining any sort of customs union as a good thing. I think Alaska could go at it alone and succeed. I think Alaska is one of the better states and more productive than most.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Light wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 5:06 am
yick wrote:
Some parts of America have already sunk - the Midwest - and those former industrial towns and cities are not being revived and nobody gives a shit.

However - the WHOLE of the West Coast of the United States and Canada will thrive beyond out of all recognition.

Any part of the Americas that faces Asia is thriving, any part of the Americas facing Europe is going into terminal decline - except for New York and probably Miami (because they also face Caribbean...) all those old, once prosperous Atlantic coastal cities are done for.

I will paraphrase my old hero Jim Rogers - if you're smart - move to the West Coast of the Americas - doesn't matter where - Peru, Chile, Panama, the Western coastal parts of North America because that's where the action is going to be and will be the best place to be to make coin outside of being in Asia. Wouldn't surprise me if the country actually broke up and became a customs union like it has in the former Soviet Union - with the terminally decaying Southern States of the United States being buoyed by a economically vibrant confederation of the Pacific US including Alaska and Hawaii.

Of course, the Western Coast of the US and Canada will become very Asian and mostly Chinese - but it will be a vibrant and wonderful place - far better than it is now, you will have a lot to look forward to if you can use chopsticks, speak Cantonese, Korean, Vietnamese or Mandarin (or Spanish! :lol: ) and don't mind being a minority 'round eye' I know some people can't handle that shit too well, there's always Indiana for you!

I think California would break into North California and South California among political lines.

Alaska is conservative, has oil revenue and they give Alaskan residents an annual payment from the oil fund, they must have one of the lowest debt and spending, and they don't have too much of a population but are a good place for tourism. They also have a fishing industry. They benefit from other things like military spending for bases and environmental scientists doing research on the nature, permafrost. They also get some filming because Alaska is good for some films. I don't see Alaska joining any sort of customs union as a good thing. I think Alaska could go at it alone and succeed. I think Alaska is one of the better states and more productive than most.

Good point about Alaska, it could probably go on its own - I think the most interesting thing with Alaska is where global warming is going to take it within a 100 years from now.

If I am right in thinking along your lines is that the racial and cultural demographics of Northern and Southern California are very different but I should imagine the wealth is in Southern California so that will make South California very powerful indeed!

A lot of the United States will become more and more alien to what it is today, Miami and Florida will become a de-facto capital of Latin America and the Caribbean, Texas, New Mexico and Arizona will become majority Spanish speaking or at least truly billingual but at least they will be thriving and rich - places like Ohio and Indiana will rot and become shitty, poor and desolate with crap weather and majority white populations - the only thing that can save these places is global warming :lol: . I think a future US immigration scheme will be like the one the Australians have at the moment where they give residence to people who go and live in the Outback and small country towns. It's hard to go and live in Sydney straight off the plane - you need to be really highly skilled and I think that is how the Americans will encourage immigrants to live in Ohio and shitholes like that (I think the US administrations of the future will open these places up to mass European immigration and it will be filled with Brits, Irish and nationalities like the Polish, Ukrainians, Russians etc).
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Is there another United States besides the one I'm living in? I'm not recognizing it in the above comments. California has become a third-world shithole. It is a colonial economy, with a 10 percent ruling class and 90 percent peons. People still aspiring to a middle-class way of life can't get out of there fast enough. The only cultural vibrancy -- or a rough approximation of it -- that I see is in the South.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

gsjackson wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 8:29 am
Is there another United States besides the one I'm living in? I'm not recognizing it in the above comments. California has become a third-world shithole. It is a colonial economy, with a 10 percent ruling class and 90 percent peons. People still aspiring to a middle-class way of life can't get out of there fast enough. The only cultural vibrancy -- or a rough approximation of it -- that I see is in the South.
The South is a mixed bag, both growth and decay. I see Southern urban centers booming with new industry and new residents young and old alike.

The decay comes in the rural areas of the south. I am here in Gainesville, FL which attracted all types of affluent people and new luxury homes are being built. However, just outside of Gainesville are rural areas that appear no different than they did in the 1950s. People are moving away from these towns, unemployment is high, and opioid addiction is epidemic.

That same paradigm can be said for the Charlotte, Raleigh, and Richmond areas too. Atlanta’s surroundings are affluent but much farther away, there is rural decay sprouting up also.
Light
Freshman Poster

Post by Light »

yick wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 6:14 am
Light wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 5:06 am
yick wrote:

Good point about Alaska, it could probably go on its own - I think the most interesting thing with Alaska is where global warming is going to take it within a 100 years from now.

If I am right in thinking along your lines is that the racial and cultural demographics of Northern and Southern California are very different but I should imagine the wealth is in Southern California so that will make South California very powerful indeed!

A lot of the United States will become more and more alien to what it is today, Miami and Florida will become a de-facto capital of Latin America and the Caribbean, Texas, New Mexico and Arizona will become majority Spanish speaking or at least truly billingual but at least they will be thriving and rich - places like Ohio and Indiana will rot and become shitty, poor and desolate with crap weather and majority white populations - the only thing that can save these places is global warming :lol: . I think a future US immigration scheme will be like the one the Australians have at the moment where they give residence to people who go and live in the Outback and small country towns. It's hard to go and live in Sydney straight off the plane - you need to be really highly skilled and I think that is how the Americans will encourage immigrants to live in Ohio and shitholes like that (I think the US administrations of the future will open these places up to mass European immigration and it will be filled with Brits, Irish and nationalities like the Polish, Ukrainians, Russians etc).
I think some the things you mentioned are a possibility. I just don't see Europeans, Russians, or other people from any decent nation wanting to come to America after America has become what every decaying and dying Empire eventually becomes. I think if offered, the Boer (White South Africans) might decide to move to a rural place in America to escape the terrible things the Black South Africans do to them. Other people from the Middle East, South America, India and sub-Saharan Africa might also decide to come to escape cartel violence, poverty, terrorism, caste systems, or war depending on the location. The same immigrants of today except right now immigration doesn't allow the Boer to come. But in a post-collapse America there would need to be more incentives to attract people.

I also disagree about South California being the wealthiest in a collapse. South California would be reliant on other States for oil, they would need to import almost all their food from other states (because majority of food production comes from North California). South California would probably become a Mexico-lite with more crime, more poverty, and gated-communities or a protected city ward where only people with a special purpose, ID, or a reason are allowed into it but the rest of the city is open and free to everyone.

Russia is at the best area in Eurasia for trade and development and travel. It also has access to the Atlantic through the Baltic Sea and the Black Sea-to-Mediterranean Sea-to-Atlantic, relatively easy access to the Suez Canal, and great access to the Pacific. Global warming gives them great access to the Arctic for additional natural gas and oil. I think Russians should have a more positive view of their country compared to America because in reality Russia has a greater future than America. China has plans for a Silk Road 2 but it has a One Belt One Road title. The European Union shouldn't really survive in its current form for much longer but I also see Europe thriving and prospering especially if they breakup into small nations again with full political sovereignty. That would elevate the Old World to a much higher status than post-collapse America. Only short-term thinkers from Europe in places like Russia would move to the US and I can't see why any Irish or British would want to come to the US either since they have better social programs, healthcare, and better abilities to save and travel.
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

Mid-year June 1, 2020 update:

Hospitals across America are laying off workers because they have been ghost towns for months since the lockdowns began. Those seeking unemployment since the start of the year is nearing 40 million Americans. Apple and Google are teaming up for "Contact Tracing" tracking software that may be used for unconstitutional laws.

A bright future is ahead! :shock: Americans will soar to new heights thanks to the government! The US economy based on methadone and Facebook is the envy of the world!

The Future's So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades 8) (1986)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Futur ... ear_Shades
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65YIlwxBuvM

Last edited by HappyGuy on August 22nd, 2020, 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

With the corona virus and now the riots across America, maybe the United States is a sinking ship! :shock:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

jamesbond wrote:
June 1st, 2020, 7:27 pm
maybe the United States is a sinking ship!
"maybe" ? :lol:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-con ... /6666/text
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

HappyGuy wrote:
June 2nd, 2020, 1:25 am
jamesbond wrote:
June 1st, 2020, 7:27 pm
maybe the United States is a sinking ship!
"maybe" ? :lol:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-con ... /6666/text

OK, it is sinking, slowly like the Titanic. It will eventually be submerged under debt that it can't even pay the interest on! :cry:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

America no longer exists in the way some people who were born in the old America imagine it. Some of the decent Americans who remain haven't accepted that and if they did maybe some good would come of it.

Why Go Abroad? Tell Your Story and Reasons
https://www.amongmen.com/health-fitness ... -retarded/

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

HappyGuy wrote:
June 4th, 2020, 6:24 am
America no longer exists in the way some people who were born in the old America imagine it. Some of the decent Americans who remain haven't accepted that and if they did maybe some good would come of it.

Why Go Abroad? Tell Your Story and Reasons
https://www.amongmen.com/health-fitness ... -retarded/

Nobody had to "imagine" the old America. It existed, tangibly. That it no longer exists in any way shape or form is obvious. What do you mean by accept it, and what good is that supposed to do?
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

gsjackson wrote:
June 4th, 2020, 7:28 am
What do you mean by accept it, and what good is that supposed to do?
They could sell their properties and put their efforts into the remaining decent states and create a new identity. What's the point of trying to save the union if some states are already culturally dead and many more are not salvageable? By wasting resources on the overpopulated coast and lost causes like Texas they are ensuring every state will sink.

It doesn't help having 19 aircraft carriers if the average American couldn't find a healthy place to eat if he drove through 2 states. These problems could be solved if the remaining decent Americans focused on making even one or two states liveable again. Having a strong state that exports quality products and retail chains and education even if it were Rhode Island would help the lost states a lot more than housing a minority of decent people who chose to stay to the bitter end.

If one state offered new chains that could muscle out Walmart and McDonalds in their home state with their quality and service and worker benefits and possibly even prices, Americans from the other 49 states would also prefer to shop there. If one state offered an above-average public education curriculum many parents from other states would force their kids to study it. America got carved up by greedy corporations because the decent people were too spread out. There should be a couple intelligent states where shit chains like Subway don't exist or don't do well because local chains are preferred by the locals, but that isn't the case.
Last edited by HappyGuy on June 4th, 2020, 9:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

HappyGuy wrote:
June 4th, 2020, 8:41 am
gsjackson wrote:
June 4th, 2020, 7:28 am
What do you mean by accept it, and what good is that supposed to do?
They could sell their properties and put their efforts into the remaining decent states and create a new identity. What's the point of trying to save the union if some states are already culturally dead and many more are not salvageable? By wasting resources on the overpopulated coast and lost causes like Texas they are ensuring every state will sink.

It doesn't help having 19 aircraft carriers if the average American couldn't find a healthy place to eat if he drove through 2 states. These problems could be solved if the remaining decent Americans focused on making even one or two states liveable again. Having a strong state that exports quality products and retail chains and education even if it were Rhode Island would help the lost states a lot more than housing a minority of decent people who chose to stay to the bitter end.
Your talk'in after a major die off and as I stated in another post they will more than likely bring in lots of foreign troops armed to the hilt and tell you it was capitalism that did this.... More like sheep who refuse to take their heads out of their ass....
Time to Hide!
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

@Moretorque
What are Americans waiting for? Do they think politicians or celebrities or Facebook and retail chains have the answers to save them?

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

They changed the country completely with the 1965 immigration act, it is finished big time. It is too stupid to function much longer and will be going into total collaspe IMO coming up...

The Communal Dictatorship..... :D
Time to Hide!