---

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

---

Post by MattHanson1990 »

---
Last edited by MattHanson1990 on January 20th, 2020, 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HappyGuy

Re: New Mexico is Just Another California

Post by HappyGuy »

I've never visited because I always felt like it's a dump. I didn't think it was possible for a state to be as bad as California for meeting down to earth people but now that you mention it New Mexico might be even worse from a social point of view. :shock:
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Re: New Mexico is Just Another California

Post by MattHanson1990 »

HappyGuy wrote:
January 20th, 2020, 10:59 am
I've never visited because I always felt like it's a dump. I didn't think it was possible for a state to be as bad as California for meeting down to earth people but now that you mention it New Mexico might be even worse from a social point of view. :shock:
Almost six years later, I'm more aware about the social vibe in New Mexico than when I first made this post. Overall, yes you can meet more down-to-earth people compared to California, especially in cities like Santa Fe and Albuquerque that draw in the artsy types. In Los Alamos, people tend to be more judgmental and not that easygoing, and it's mostly people older than 45 living there. But even then it's not as bad. Last but not least, you don't see as much feminazi/SJW culture running amok in New Mexico, which is also a plus.

Return to “North America, Domestic Relocation”