Which US states are friendly or unfriendly?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Which US states are friendly or unfriendly?

Post by Winston »

Worldtraveler has a different take on why people are moving to Texas and Florida.

Worldtraveler:

"That's not the main reason people are moving there. People have been leaving cold states for warmer states for decades. FL and TX have no state income tax so have been getting migrants for years. I was planning on FL years ago when I left NJ, unfortunately I got side tracked."
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Which US states are friendly or unfriendly?

Post by jamesbond »

Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
December 14th, 2020, 11:11 am
I been driving interstate for various customer pick ups.
I think its more of a city vs rural dichotomy in the east coast.

New Jersey:
Northern New Jersey and its urban areas: unfriendly, cold, cliquish, depressing hellhole.
Southern New Jersey and rural areas: more laidback, humble, and sincere than the north.

New York:
New York City Area- Same as Northern New Jersey
Upstate New York rural areas- More laidback and more friendly than New York City

Pennsylvania:
Philadelphia, Pittsburg, Harrisburg: decrepit, icy, crime ridden, ghetto hellhole
Rural Pennsylvania: More friendly and laidback.

Virginia:
Washington DC: Sterile, expensive, anti-social, depressing, soul sucking, hellhole.
Rural Virginia: Same as other rural areas

You get the idea.

I agree, I think it's more of a rural vs. city thing as well.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."