Does anyone have any experience with Germany?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Does anyone have any experience with Germany?

Post by Tsar »

Gali wrote:
September 22nd, 2021, 8:07 am
Tsar wrote:
September 22nd, 2021, 7:47 am
Do you think Feather Insurance will be acceptable in Germany? It has a cost of about 77 Euros a month. It says that it should be accepted. It's expat health insurance. The basic option, not the premium option. I can't really afford the premium option because it's about 150 Euros a month.
I think no. It will not be under the 166 Euros.

Tsar go back to US. There are so many jobs like driving trucks where you can make 3 times more money than in Germany. Save money and travel to girl places.
Why would that insurance company say that it satisfies a Visa Requirement? Isn't a Resident Permit just a better Visa?
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

I might go to Austria instead of Germany. I think Austria has free healthcare and I need a contract. I can't wait 6 months for a rental to become available in Italy.

@Yohan Do many people speak English in Austria? What are the winters like in Austria? It would be Vienna, Austria.
Gali
Junior Poster

Post by Gali »

Tsar wrote:
September 22nd, 2021, 10:29 am
I might go to Austria instead of Germany. I think Austria has free healthcare and I need a contract. I can't wait 6 months for a rental to become available in Italy.

@Yohan Do many people speak English in Austria? What are the winters like in Austria? It would be Vienna, Austria.
Dude just google btw it is not free. Actually I was shocked it seems it is 454,86 euro. damn.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Gali wrote:
September 22nd, 2021, 10:33 am
Tsar wrote:

Dude just google btw it is not free. Actually I was shocked it seems it is 454,86 euro. damn.
I did Google it and it said it is free.

https://www.expatica.com/at/healthcare/ ... ria-80975/
Gali
Junior Poster

Post by Gali »

Tsar wrote:
September 22nd, 2021, 10:58 am
Gali wrote:
Tsar wrote:

The link does not work here probably is blocked in my country.

I found mostly 450 euros and one time 220 euros.
My guess is that your information is wrong. Amerikans think it is free if the employer or social welfare pays but you are not in that position. Do more extended research.

I guess they have the same system as Germany.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Gali wrote:
September 22nd, 2021, 11:19 am
Tsar wrote:
September 22nd, 2021, 10:58 am
Gali wrote:
Tsar wrote:

The link does not work here probably is blocked in my country.

I found mostly 450 euros and one time 220 euros.
My guess is that your information is wrong. Amerikans think it is free if the employer or social welfare pays but you are not in that position. Do more extended research.

I guess they have the same system as Germany.
It's about the same price. Maybe a little less expensive than Germany in most circumstances.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Tsar wrote:

English in Austria is taught to every child in school mandatory starting with 10, voluntarily with 8. There are plenty of foreign tourists around in all Austria, you will find many English speaking local people, but keep in mind, local people are in general native German speakers.
People in rural areas without much language exercise, elderly people, people with low education etc. might not be good in English...

Winter was always for me a horror in all Austria and one of the major reasons why I left my country for always. I dislike snow and freezing temperature, especially in the mountain region and I hate this icy wind in the cities. Sommer in Austria is short, 3 to 4 months only. In general sunny, not so bad as in UK with its plenty of rain.

Free healthcare is not automatically available for everybody in EU. It is expected that EU citizens coming from other EU countries will show up with the insurance card of their own country where their principal address is registered. If you enter EU from outside of EU - like myself too coming from Japan, you will have register your address and live within EU for 3 months as far as I know before you are eligible to join national health insurance.

Not sure if this information is correct in all details as I am living outside of EU, despite being EU-citizen and I did not enter EU since almost 40 years. But the rule is something like that, EU health insurance requires a registration of principal residence of tax jurisdiction within EU.
A registration of a second home within EU is not acceptable.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

What country in the EU has the least virus restrictions? I don't want to be required to have constant COVID-19 tests because I am not vaccinated, constantly be unable to go inside restaurants and use trains if necessary, and other things which will surely be added.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

@gsjackson Can you tell me about Albania? Are the places really nice, with a good warm water system up to EU standards (or US standards). Out of the places in the Balkans that you have traveled, which did you like best?

I don't think I am prepared to deal with having constant COVID-19 tests. Germany, Austria, and Italy all require varying levels of Vaccine Passports or Green Passes. I also don't want to go on short notice.