Passport and Visa??

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Tamingstrange
Freshman Poster

Passport and Visa??

Post by Tamingstrange »

I know that I need a passport to travel abroad. How mucg does that cost? And how do I go about getting one. I plan to travel to Asia. Do I also need a Visa?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Shemp
Experienced Poster

Re: Passport and Visa??

Post by Shemp »

Google it and quit polluting the forum with stupid questions you are too lazy to research yourself.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

Tamingstrange wrote:I know that I need a passport to travel abroad. How mucg does that cost? And how do I go about getting one. I plan to travel to Asia. Do I also need a Visa?
Both questions are impossible to answer without knowing what country you are a citizen of. Both are easy for you to find with a google search.
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

Tamingstrange wrote:I know that I need a passport to travel abroad. How mucg does that cost? And how do I go about getting one. I plan to travel to Asia. Do I also need a Visa?
Without knowing your nationality it's hard to say. It can run you between 80 and 100 USD, if I recall my American mates and their travel plans correctly. As for getting a visa? Yes, you need one. I recommend getting one even when you're in a nation that doesn't require TOURISTS (which is what you'd be) to get one.
Self-improvement addict. Always striving for perfection.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Blue Murder wrote:
Without knowing your nationality it's hard to say. It can run you between 80 and 100 USD, if I recall my American mates and their travel plans correctly. As for getting a visa? Yes, you need one. I recommend getting one even when you're in a nation that doesn't require TOURISTS (which is what you'd be) to get one.
The above is an example why you don't want to ask technical questions on this forum, because you get idiots answering and sending you on wild goose chases. You should NOT try to get a visa for countries where there is visa waiver available, unless for fall into a special category (like very long stay) for which the visa waiver doesn't apply. In fact, you won't be able to get a short-term tourist visa if visa waiver is an option. Blue Murder evidently has never been outside whatever country he lives in. Yet another HA moron writing about things he doesn't understand.
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

retiredfrank wrote:
Blue Murder wrote:
The above is an example why you don't want to ask technical questions on this forum, because you get idiots answering and sending you on wild goose chases. You should NOT try to get a visa for countries where there is visa waiver available, unless for fall into a special category (like very long stay) for which the visa waiver doesn't apply. In fact, you won't be able to get a short-term tourist visa if visa waiver is an option. Blue Murder evidently has never been outside whatever country he lives in. Yet another HA moron writing about things he doesn't understand.
If that's the case, why are you here? As you fit the bill more than anyone. When was the last time you left your couch, let alone your home country? XD

To recap...

> New member asks reasonable question.
> Mentally unstable flatfoot responds with "f**k off and dont ask us shit bitch!1111!!!"
> Sane member replies.
> Mentally unstable flatfoot responds with more vitriol, then attempts to answer simple questions that they could've answered the first time instead of being a massive twat.

> Accuses said sane member of never having left their country.
> Said member doesn't even LIVE IN their home nation.

Haha. Oh boy. HA has fallen far, indeed.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Blue Murder wrote:
retiredfrank wrote:
Blue Murder wrote:
If that's the case, why are you here? As you fit the bill more than anyone. When was the last time you left your couch, let alone your home country? XD

To recap...

> New member asks reasonable question.
> Mentally unstable flatfoot responds with "f**k off and dont ask us shit bitch!1111!!!"
> Sane member replies.
> Mentally unstable flatfoot responds with more vitriol, then attempts to answer simple questions that they could've answered the first time instead of being a massive twat.

> Accuses said sane member of never having left their country.
> Said member doesn't even LIVE IN their home nation.

Haha. Oh boy. HA has fallen far, indeed.
I spend 6 months/year (spring and summer) in western and eastern Europe, all on visa waiver. I know what I'm talking about. The rest of the year I travel in the usa or take care of business like I'm doing now.

The original question was a waste of everyone's time and deserved a f**k off response. He should visit the state department website for official info.
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

retiredfrank wrote:I spend 6 months/year (spring and summer) in western and eastern Europe, all on visa waiver. I know what I'm talking about. The rest of the year I travel in the usa or take care of business like I'm doing now.

The original question was a waste of everyone's time and deserved a f**k off response. He should visit the state department website for official info.
Let me tell you why I don't believe that and why it (likely) isn't true.

You got all emotional like a little bitch and preceeded to treat a new member with a disgusting attitude, only to turn around in response to another user (two if you get technical) who are better travellers and are more aware than yourself, spew waste and delusional commentary at them, and THEN you proceeded to answer the question anyway. That's very odd behaviour if you ask me, and why I don't buy it.

It wasn't a waste of anyone's time if they knew their shit. Keep in mind you and I were on neutral terms before tonight, so you brought this on yourself. If you had engaged me with some goddamned sense, I'd have explained how I know what I'm talking about and we could've moved forward in cooperation. But don't show your ass to people who know more than you and new members trying to improve their lives, then feign knowledge like "I KNEW THE WHOLE TIME I WAS JUST FEELING UNWELL!"

Like no, brah. No.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

I addressed, but did not answer, the original question to deal with points raised by the little bitch that is you. I've been traveling outside the USA half to full year every since I retired 18 years ago. Now you explain how an American is supposed to get a short-term tourist visa to a county that has visa waiver for Americans. Have you tried this?
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

retiredfrank wrote:I addressed, but did not answer, the original question to deal with points raised by the little bitch that is you. I've been traveling outside the USA half to full year every since I retired 18 years ago. Now you explain how an American is supposed to get a short-term tourist visa to a county that has visa waiver for Americans. Have you tried this?
Right. You didn't answer because, aside from being a "little bitch" yourself, you did not have the expertise or knowledge to answer it. Or you would have INSTEAD of getting up in your ego and spewing venom at someone who had no problem with you.

In any case, this conversation is over. Unless the OP has further questions.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

Blue Murder wrote:
That highlighted part proves that you don't know shit about this. Ridiculous advice.
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

Devil Dog wrote:
Blue Murder wrote:
That highlighted part proves that you don't know shit about this. Ridiculous advice.
Proves I DO, rather.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Blue Murder wrote:
Devil Dog wrote:
Blue Murder wrote:
Proves I DO, rather.
If an American goes to any Schengen country embassy and asks for a Tourist visa, he will be told he doesn't need one and that will be the end of that conversation (unlike you, they mean it when they say the conversation is over), thus wasting his time in a wild goose chase. Ditto for Ukraine and Bulgaria. Same thing likely happens to any country with visa waivers, though I don't travel anywhere except Europe so I can't say for sure. Your advice is just sending the OP on a wild goose chase.
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

retiredfrank wrote:
Blue Murder wrote:
Devil Dog wrote:
Blue Murder wrote:
Proves I DO, rather.
If an American goes to any Schengen country embassy and asks for a Tourist visa, he will be told he doesn't need one and that will be the end of that conversation (unlike you, they mean it when they say the conversation is over), thus wasting his time in a wild goose chase. Ditto for Ukraine and Bulgaria. Same thing likely happens to any country with visa waivers, though I don't travel anywhere except Europe so I can't say for sure. Your advice is just sending the OP on a wild goose chase.
We shall see. : )
Tamingstrange
Freshman Poster

Post by Tamingstrange »

retiredfrank wrote:Google it and quit polluting the forum with stupid questions you are too lazy to research yourself.
There's no need to be rude. I'm just asking a simple question.