How do you subtly fend off single moms?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: How do you subtly fend off single moms?

Post by Jester »

Youre right.

EDIT:

Her: "So these are my three children, Hughie, Dewey and Louie!"

Him: "Hey, congratulations!! Quite a family you have there!!
I'm looking to start a family OF MY OWN someday.....
...just as soon as I find a Miss Right who wants to give me a few babies!!....
Anyway nice meeting you"
{walks away}
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

LOL then shell say "Well i got you off to a good start then, I guess you want plenty of children"
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

suprmon wrote:The best single mom repellant any self respecting man can use has been around and under the radar since the beginning of time; simply tell them your broke and homless! Nothing makes a woman run away from a man screaming faster than a guy who's broke and homeless!
While that's true enough ...
Since there are sometimes enjoyable people to talk to at these shindigs, hobo-wear and halitosis are not tactics I want to go with.

Jester wrote:"Anyway nice meeting you"
{walks away}
Yeah, I guess this will have to do for the moment.
On a side note, it seems you're one of the few people here who know the meaning of "subtle". :lol: :lol:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Teal Lantern wrote: On a side note, it seems you're one of the few people here who know the meaning of "subtle". :lol: :lol:
[/color]
My Mom and sister will find that remark amusing.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Jester wrote:
Teal Lantern wrote: On a side note, it seems you're one of the few people here who know the meaning of "subtle". :lol: :lol:
[/color]
Hey Jest....you MUST learn to be more subtle.
For example, I would advise you say something like this:
" Wow! Two kids already? Your boyfriends must give you quite a pounding!".
Chad N. Froyda
Freshman Poster

Post by Chad N. Froyda »

Get a SOS pendant or some similar device. Program your cell phone number as one of the contacts. When they go on the attack and you are their prey, just inconspicuously push the button (some look like wristwatches and wristbands) and it will call your phone. Politely excuse yourself telling her that you are expecting an important phone call and you must take it. So not only do you evade the conversation, she feels the extra sting of losing out on man who is in high demand and doing important business. If you see her again and she asks, just tell her it is classified financial stuff that cannot be discussed and then do the same thing over and over and...LOL.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Great one!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

OutWest wrote:
Jester wrote:
[/color]
Hey Jest....you MUST learn to be more subtle.
For example, I would advise you say something like this:
" Wow! Two kids already? Your boyfriends must give you quite a pounding!".
LOL yes a classy approach
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Jester wrote:
[/color]
Well, at least you got what I was asking.
Some of the other replies would make women of a certain mindset more interested. :x
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Stag
Freshman Poster

Post by Stag »

If she was worth banging, then I'd make sure she came to my place...alone! I also wouldn't give her any money, any favours, as I'm not some beta bucks provider (she can always turn to the child's father, or government for help!).

This is how I'd go about it, as some single moms are hot & are worth gaming. If she expects you to get involved with the kids, then just refuse.
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Post by travelsouth »

This was at a family event it seems. Simply be nice to everyone at the event, and spend the time you need to spend to keep the family happy. And then just be on your way. Part of life is dealing with people you'd rather not have to deal with. That day you had to deal with a single mom. And for the record you can be cordial with a woman even though you have no interest in her.

Plenty of guys use single moms as nothing more than a place to make a deposit. Plenty of dumb guys are in a relationship with them even though the guy doesn't have any kids. I say to each their own, but there is no need to learn how to fend off single moms. Be nice to people you have to be around, and then be on your way. If a lady asks you out that does not interest you, then just politely decide. It's called being an adult. No offense, but a single mom can like who she likes. She probably was a piece of work, but so what. Man up and politely decline. Then move on.