Visiting Romania in Winter, bad idea?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
ryanx
Freshman Poster

Visiting Romania in Winter, bad idea?

Post by ryanx »

I have a couple free months on my hands before my next project and I was thinking to go to Eastern Europe and specifically Romania. One simple reason is that I am in Valencia Spain right now and there are very cheap flights from here.

I have heard so much about the beautiful ladies of Romania and how approachable they are and I want to see for myself, but is it a good idea to go in Winter?

Can I still have fun and be comfortable? The city I have in mind is Iasi - but I am open to suggestions. I just want to pass a couple of months cheaply and meet women.

Ideally I would like to be in Thailand right now but I just don't fancy paying hundreds of dollars and 12 hours on planes etc.
raduczoid
Freshman Poster

Post by raduczoid »

Romania is not on the North Pole, I'm sure you'll manage with few degrees below zero;)
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

Also, keep in mind that Transylvania tends to feel colder than other regions of Romania, if you are also considering going there. No, it's not a result of being scared by vampires lol; it is because it's on a high plateau.

Iasi is quite far from Transylvania, though.