Grief

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
LadyTruong
Freshman Poster

Grief

Post by LadyTruong »

Hello everyone. I'm a white American woman and a mom of 3 boys. In America, or maybe just the parts I am in, I have had a hard time connecting with other moms like me and there is such a bad stigma of single moms. When you say you are a single mom people jump to the conclusion you are trash that slept with the wrong one. Honestly, I am embaressed to say I am a single mother. My husband and I married at 20. He was vietnamese and we met in the military. He was the best man. He was the kind of man you wanted your daughter to marry. His life was to our little ones and me. He would give his shirt off his back to his best friends. I use to from the start say, " my biggest fear was losing him." I still to this day think God took the wrong one. I think of him often and really pushed myself to get a education and work hard. In my head, I kept imagining him saying, "you can do it honey and how we had worse challenges than this." Sometimes I feel over taken by grief. I imagine things like making a time machine and going back in time to save him. I had tried to talk to other single moms but they all seemed to not be facing the same issues and talked ill of their significant others or did not want to push themselves ahead in their lives. I worked extra hard and fought for my education because when I look in my sons' faces, I can see their dad looking back. I work so hard to make sure that my kids don't struggle because if he was here, he would not let them. This is my first post and I guess I am feeling much grief today. No one around me really talks about him, so I wanted my first post to tell about what a amazing person he was.

P.s. I am writing this from a mobile and it looks good on my end but I'm not sure how it will post on the form. If it is a mess, I am sorry.
OutcastedPhilosopher
Freshman Poster

Re: Grief

Post by OutcastedPhilosopher »

If you are a widow then there is no shame or stigma to be attached to it.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”