Happiness and cannabis?

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
FergusLuna
Freshman Poster

Happiness and cannabis?

Post by FergusLuna »

Hello guys, this will be my first time ever attending a forum. Well I came to this forum mostly because I got a question, but offcourse I could ask it somewhere else, but just the name alone made me think I was in the right place, originally I am born in India but moved to the Netherlands when I was 17 years old.

Well, my question is as following, in my teenage years I have smoked cannabis regularly and it almost never made me feel sad. I used to smoke it when I had a bad day or made an argument with someone, it really did make me forget my problems. This was on my mind last week and I did some research on "Can cannabis make you happier" well this wasn`t that easy since opinions are very divided. I came by some articles like; CANT PLACE LINK :( but this didn`t make me much wiser.

That's why I hope you guys can inform me more or relate me to some articles which do actually inform me on this. Also please share your own opinion as I find it really interesting :)

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Happiness and cannabis?

Post by Winston »

What is your question exactly? I don't see one. Are you here just to post a link on cannibis? If so, please don't. Don't use this as a free advertising place please.

As with everything, do everything in moderation. Cannibis may not be dangerous, but it can get addictive I guess. Any form of pleasure can.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

This isn't really the topic of this forum, you'd probably get a much higher number of, and better responses on a drug forum. That being said, I'll try and answer your question best I can being that I was a moderate smoker back in late high school and college.

Weed is basically a mild psychedelic, and the whole class of psychedelia when it comes to drugs is on a fairly similar level to dreaming. What I mean by this is that drugs like weed or acid or shrooms bring out what is already inside you. If you are already a happy person who lives free of anxiety and is comfortable where his life is at, you will probably enjoy weed quite a bit. At the very least, contentment should make it at least a mildly positive experience.

On the other hand, if you are frustrated with life, plagued by negative thoughts, anxious, depressed, and other similar symptoms, I would recommend you stay away from marijuana. I had to learn this lesson the hard way back in college as it was making me miserable with paranoia every time I smoked it so I eventually quit.

If you are already happy, then yeah, it probably could make you happier in the same sense that starting any new routine that you enjoy makes you a bit happier. But, it is heavily dependent on how much it effects you personally as I have seen that weed effects every person I know in wildly different ways.
jerryrigged
Freshman Poster

Post by jerryrigged »

Outcast9428 wrote:
June 23rd, 2021, 1:39 am

On the other hand, if you are frustrated with life, plagued by negative thoughts, anxious, depressed, and other similar symptoms, I would recommend you stay away from marijuana. I had to learn this lesson the hard way back in college as it was making me miserable with paranoia every time I smoked it so I eventually quit.
Hi, legal state guy here. I would disagree with just this one part. Not all strains have the same effect. I think the problem is most of the popular strains these days are indica-leaning or balanced hybrids. Cannabis Sativa, purely, or Sativa-leaning hybrids can be great for people suffering from depression. I know many people who have gotten off of big pharma pills by introducing Green Cush or Panama Red or similar strains into their daily routine. I also know many people who use pure indica or indica-leaning strains to ward off their anxiety. Pure afghan has similar effects to a smaller dose of xanax or other benzodiazepines drugs. Some people I know, no matter what strains they use, they all seem to trigger anxiety, panic attacks, or even mild psychosis. These are mostly people with severe mental disorders like schizophrenia or severe bipolar disorder. However, some people just cant handle cannabis, without anything "that serious" wrong with them. I think that trying something once shouldn't do any undue harm. Just stay with Sativas for depression, indicas for anxiety, and maybe a balanced hybrid like Jack Herer or Pineapple if you seem to have a problem with both.

Legal canabis and somewhat lax Covid-19 policy is really the only things America really has going for it right now. I would stay the hell away from many foreign destinations if you are a regular cannabis user. Thailand is on its way to becoming fully legal. Edibles and medical licenses for tinctures are now available in the kingdom. However, outside of a few destinations in South America with liberal cannabis laws, most third world destinations will still get you in a lot of hot water with the police. Be aware of local cannabis laws wherever you go and err on the side of caution is my advice.
Sometimes a single moment of madness can last a lifetime

"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer