New here. My story from the past 20 years...

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
ahsgma
Freshman Poster

New here. My story from the past 20 years...

Post by ahsgma »

Hey everyone and Winston! I found this site by Googling "American is too boring" and it led me to your "What immigrants and foreigners say about America that you never hear in the US Media" article. It was a godsend and I just sneezed in real life so I am telling the truth! I've been meaning to find an article like this and I was so happy this forum existed so I had to join up right away!

I was born in Kiev, Ukraine and Jewish (not practicing) and I remember me having an incredible childhood filled with many friends and great adventures. From running outside and getting dirty, singing in school choir to breaking my arms to showering once every Tuesday! it was how a child and his friends should live life!!! Unfortunately that came to a horrible end when my parents, aunt and grandma decided to migrate to USA for cryptic reasons unknown to me accept for a "much better life". I was 9 at that time and I remember my aunt coming to pick me up and taking me back to my grandmas. I'm never going to forget that bus ride. It was raining and I was crying, looking back at my neighborhood as the bus was driving away. We fly to USA to meet our other immediate side of the family who invited us as refugees, which we don't not even see anymore and I begin living my new life, young and without experience and royally angry.

Throughout middle and high school I was always made fun of and always was told to go back to my country and kids saying nasty things about my mom. I guess kids being kids but I always though something was off because I never felt that way back at home. Nobody was mean to me back in Ukraine. I decided to suck it up and assimilate myself which I did rather quick for obvious surpassing intelligent reasons that my immediate new peers just did not posses. Learned English within a year, decided to see what the big deal about "everyone want to be black is about" so made friends with African Americans and Hispanic people. All okay there I didn't see what the big deal was in the end quite honestly, just did it for experience since I did have to live here and deal with them. High school was okay no issues. Then I realized that I started to decline and isolate myself. I was going lone wolf and I liked it very, very much!

Fast forward till today with experience and living, I will be turning 30 in December and its been 20 years since we moved from Ukraine to the states and this is my story:

I am more and more angry, I resent my parents and my aunt more than ever and we are on a "hi/bye" terms, I am judgmental and annoyed and I honestly have no idea what I've been doing for the past 2 decades. For the longest time I needed to figure out what's been bothering me and because of how I found your site I have a feeling I can finally come to terms. It's not me. It's where I live, its America!

Here is how I view things from my perspective and I am not bashing USA. It has amazing qualities but the qualities it lacks do not balance the good ones for this to be a great place to live.

Weak:
On a regular day basis I see a decline in strong leadership overall. Men are supposed to warriors and mountains, builders and creators and quite honestly...MEN! All I see and deal with are weakling doormats. They cower at other men and more than ever, women hahaha. Now I always say that behind every strong man is a stronger woman, but now all I see is a woman(because that's what an American man is now) behind an actual woman and those men who think they have power are nothing.

Fake:
Sure people can act genuine and come off as extremely polite but dare not turn your back to them they will stab you while still smiling.

Stressed and in debt:
America lives on credit. There is no buts, ifs or ends. Americans live on credit! They are always over-worked because they won't make it on their bills and living expenses and are almost always pressed for money because of pay check to pay check life style. This life style creates stress.
*However they do slave on a regular day and I respect that.

Weak to no culture:
Have you seen the current culture in America as of lately? They have no idea what good music, cinema or art is. That's fine. What's hot sells but they don't even know what hemisphere they live in. God forbid you ask them to point where Luxemburg is for example! and don't even try to explain to them different types of culture. Red/White/Blue is all they know and they are quite okay with that :)

Reproduction:
A standard, generic American girl is with a child, sometimes 2 and lately I've been noticing 3 different children from 3 different men. That's fine, a healthy sex appetite I guess.

Relationships:
Won't get into online dating because that's it's own thread but god forbid you try to walk up and talk to a girl on the street. You will be labeled as a creep, sent to jail and become a sex offender. Things should not work this way. Men approach women but there is no more approaching because my next point:

Nightlife:
What nightlife? Bars and eating. That's all Americans do.

Technology:
Americans love tech and its cool I like tech also but they are glued to their phones and actually make it awkward. They cannot converse and all they know is a keyboard and the smaller the phone the better. I remember selling an Ipad2 to a mother and when I asked who it was for she said her 3 year old. *shrugs*

Overall, America is boring, and yes I've been in different states, and all it does is provide materialistic pleasures. I'll be honest. I am extremely well of because of work here. I can own thing here but it doesn't mean true happiness. I am annoyed at all of the above reasons plus an infinity of more reasons and that's not healthy for a guy like me. What I enjoy and how I view culture, lifestyle and marriage are all lacking in the current setup my family has established for me 20 years ago. I am disgusted to have an American citizenship, a citizenship that a lot of people seem to want!

I'll conclude that while America has been kind enough to provide a "luxurious, materialistically stable dwelling" that I thank it for, unfortunately that is all it did. I have a feeling that this year is going to be a turning point of my life and how I want to continue living it.

20 years of experience....heh, soft.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Welcome aboard and I agree with your assessment.
Anatol
Junior Poster

Post by Anatol »

Privyet Comrade,

U.S.S.R. will rise again!!!!!

I was your age when I came to U.S.A. from Spain. However, I never assimilated into American society. I am 34 now and have never been back to Spain.

I am 100% against any sort of women's rights nonsense {(women's education, women's sports, women's jobs and especially women having any sort of political or managerial power over men)}, I am firmly against p**-marital re*ations, and consider fast-food unhealthy. Much of the world was like me 20 years ago, including Kiev.

Another more detailed message I had written: www.happierabroad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23781

~~~~ [{(Out of the frigid ice to the North that no man had ever laid foot on, evil in the form of a man called Agahnim The Wizard came and he cast a type of magic never seen before by mortals. But together with the Ball-And-Chain Trooper and his faithful Master Sword, Link repulsed him and the IMPRISONING WAR was ended, to become the things of legend!)}] ~~~~

The evil that is the purest evil possible is feminism and it must be pushed back into its keep!
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: New here. My story from the past 20 years...

Post by jamesbond »

ahsgma wrote:Won't get into online dating because that's it's own thread but god forbid you try to walk up and talk to a girl on the street. You will be labeled as a creep, sent to jail and become a sex offender. Things should not work this way. Men approach women but there is no more approaching because my next point:

Nightlife:
What nightlife? Bars and eating. That's all Americans do.

Overall, America is boring, and yes I've been in different states, and all it does is provide materialistic pleasures.
Welcome to the forum. You really hit the nail on the head regarding men approaching women in public. Women do see men who 'cold approach' them as "creeps." :roll:

Cold approaching women in Europe, Philippines and South America is acceptable by women and they welcome it. Not so in the United Paranoid States of America. Women really do have their guard up around men in the US.

Good luck in your future endeavors ahsgma. :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Thanks for sharing your life experience.
ild2014
Freshman Poster

Post by ild2014 »

Ashgma! interesting experience you have posted here, but you would post it in the other category where more people can read your story. It is a place to introduce yourself in few lines where no more people interact with your post. Anyway personally i found it very interesting!