Hello from Wisconsin, trying to get out by 2025!

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
WisconsinMan82
Freshman Poster

Hello from Wisconsin, trying to get out by 2025!

Post by WisconsinMan82 »

I'm a long-time lurker here on Happier Abroad, first-time poster from the state of Wisconsin, United States. Contrary to what the number at the end of my username might suggest, I was not born in 1982; in fact, I just graduated from high school this year. I would still like to go to university and finish my degree here in the USA, due to family desires and the fact that's my longstanding plan, but as soon as I graduate in 2024 I would like to make my way out of the Anglosphere as quickly as possible.

Even at a young age as I learned more about the world around me, I knew there were problems with Anglosphere, especially American, culture. To those of you who hear a lot about the "Midwest Nice", let me tell you from experience it's overrated. People might be nice to your face at first, but there are the same numbers of backstabbers, jerks, idiots, and entitled snooty people here as in any other part of the country. I made it through high school without having a real girlfriend; there were plenty of people I flirted with, and some I had casual relationships with and considered myself "taken" by, but they never progressed outside of the school building itself. When I started lurking on this forum and read more people's experiences with American vs. foreign women, it all started to make sense to me. I'm sick of the mind games, the saying one thing and meaning the exact opposite, and the complete on-the-spot 180-degree changes in their opinion of you. I've gone from friends with some girls to on their "never talk to me again" list in literally 24 hours or less. And while not specifically related to women but rather to American society as a whole, I'm sick of the media telling me I should be ashamed of myself just because I happen to be a white Caucasoid.

As a geography buff, I've looked all around the world for places to relocate, and I have since I was in fourth grade (though back then, of course, the search was pretty much based on climate as I didn't really know what else I wanted). I had my heart set on Merida, Mexico, for the last two years or so, but I don't particularly like the way Mexico is going over the past few years, especially now that they're one of the countries COVI-PASS will be rolled out in (just like the USA and Canada, in addition to Spain, Italy, Sweden, South Africa, etc. for 15 countries in total). As a libertarian, that alone is pretty much a dealbreaker. I'm a bit of an old soul; most of my preferred music comes from the 1960s-1980s, and I listen to music through FM radio and physical media (I love my record and CD collection). My general worldview seems to be from that time period as well. I don't even use a smartphone. I think they've done too much negative to our society over the past 15 or so years (people addicted to them, only caring about what's on their phone, no ability to hold a conversation with another human being) to want one myself.

Right now, one of the top cities I'm looking at is Blumenau, Brazil. With about 350,000 people and a strong German heritage, it would be big enough for my tastes and I (German and Scandinavian descended) would probably have a lot in common with a lot of people down there. Brazil is known for its crime problem, but Blumenau is located in Santa Catarina, one of the most-developed and safest states in that country. That area also has a very good climate by my standards; I really don't like the cold, near-perpetual winters up here in Wisconsin. The downsides are that I see Brazil becoming more Westernized by the passing year too, and they have compulsory voting, which I'm also not a fan of; if we have the right to vote, we should have the right not to vote too if none of the candidates appeals to us.

Another city I'm looking at is Salto, Uruguay, though it's a bit on the too-small side with only 104,000 people. Uruguay is notably one of South America's safest and most-developed countries, but I've also read it can be a bit boring. Uruguay also has compulsory voting, and really they're a one-city country; their only real city of significant size is the capital of Montevideo, which is also in the worst part of the country for climate (I require 3 or more consecutive months with average highs of 80F (27C) or higher, and Montevideo has two).

I'm just here because I like discussing different places around the world and would like to figure out where the right spot for me is! In terms of languages, English is of course my first language, and I know a fair amount of German from school (though I would never live in Germany, pretty much guaranteed, especially under their current government), though I can understand a little bit of Spanish, and learning a new language over the next few years really isn't a big deal for me. All I'm looking for is a little reassurance that I'm not nuts!
5/13/2024
HappyGuy

Re: Hello from Wisconsin, trying to get out by 2025!

Post by HappyGuy »

The next 10 years will probably be a depression or a war situation, don't lose four years chasing white collar jobs that won't exist in a country that won't be the same. Get any trade job you can and aim to work for yourself. Better yet don't even bother, get on a plane and get a job overseas before Americans are considered economic refugee the world over. A college educated American will be seen as a beggar probably by next year. Start fresh abroad while you're young and you can always go back to get qualified if things improve. Finding a quality girl while they are still available at your age and finding your feet in the economy is far more important than college. Nobody will assist males so the last thing you want to be in the coming crisis is an unemployed student.
Light
Freshman Poster

Post by Light »

HappyGuy wrote:
July 8th, 2020, 9:30 pm
The next 10 years will probably be a depression or a war situation, don't lose four years chasing white collar jobs that won't exist in a country that won't be the same. Get any trade job you can and aim to work for yourself. Better yet don't even bother, get on a plane and get a job overseas before Americans are considered economic refugee the world over. A college educated American will be seen as a beggar probably by next year. Start fresh abroad while you're young and you can always go back to get qualified if things improve. Finding a quality girl while they are still available at your age and finding your feet in the economy is far more important than college. Nobody will assist males so the last thing you want to be in the coming crisis is an unemployed student.
I was going to reply earlier but my computer froze. I agree that its better to go abroad first. Going to college in America is expensive, time-consuming, and you'll be out of place if you don't have a girlfriend but everyone else does. You also learn better when you're older. The mind of male's isn't completely developed until later in their 20s, so you should give it time and then go to university when you're 21 or 23. It's better to find a girl abroad first, stay abroad, work, and integrate into a new society.

America is an empire in decline and is decaying. There will never be a recovery. There won't ever be a recovery for ordinary people. I won't get into too much details which there are many about all the reasons not to stay.

The more you stay, the more reasons you will say you are trapped or need to do one more thing. At your age, you should move abroad quickly as possible. You could go abroad as a foreign student in another country and learn their a language. Then you'll have a better time finding a foreign girl that might not speak English.

In America it doesn't matter if you're a college educated white male because you're a white male that is a normal white male that likes females, then you will be at a disadvantage.

You'll also be integrated into the American system by getting an American college degree because it isn't as in demand abroad. Work experience is more important in America.

You should leave while you still can, because if you're only an American citizen eventually you'll be trapped inside the United States if not by a physical wall or a border wall, then by an invisible curtain of poverty and the other effects that come when a country collapses and because of life.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

If German is your second language you have a nice assortment of countries outside of Germany to choose from including:

Luxembourg
Austria
Liechtenstein
Switzerland

There are also smaller German speaking parts of:

Belgium
Argentina
Brazil (as you mentioned)
Namibia

But in my experience, so much of the world speaks English now, that you would do well enough in most capital cities and developed places around the world.
Last edited by Contrarian Expatriate on July 9th, 2020, 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

What's the COVIPASS, and where did you learn about it? Is it just speculation, or have these countries actually committed to limiting access based on this STUPID, F*CKING COVID CRAP?

I feel ya on the climate thing, having spent five winters in Madison, WI, but you should look at other factors besides temperature. I'd imagine, for example, there are much better climates than Merida in the western part of Mexico because they don't have the humidity.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

I lived outside the US for 15 years and then moved back literally a few weeks before this Covid crap hit the fan. I am regretting the move and planning a permanent move out. I got an e-mail that somebody with Covid was in our building, and now they are trying to decide what to do about it. This is going to go on and on with no end in sight. It is just going to get worse. And the US is the worst country so all the other countries are going to close their borders to Americans. And you will be harassed if you have even slight contact not your fault with somebody who has it. If you don’t leave the US now, it is going to be too late.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

What's your plan, Mr. Peabody? Right now there are very few places Americans can go. Eradicating international travel seems to be part of the scam.

This crap will end either if Trump loses in November or he finally asserts some leadership and finds a way to subvert the media narrative. Bring out a "vaccine" right away, Trump, inject all the morons with sugar water or some other placebo, and tell them they can go live their lives again.
WisconsinMan82
Freshman Poster

Post by WisconsinMan82 »

I appreciate all the advice and commentary so far and would encourage everyone to keep it coming! At the same time, and I'm probably just unlucky to have been born in the particular year I was with how the world is going, it's a bit impractical for me to get a plane ticket and a visa and leave the United States right now or this year. Getting a university education is very important to my family, and I've already been accepted into an American university; besides, my parents have said that any kind of financial assistance from them stops at the US border. Don't get me wrong, though; if I could pack up and leave this year, darn right I would!
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
July 9th, 2020, 5:55 am
If German is your second language you have a nice assortment of countries outside of Germany to choose from including:

Austria
Luxembourg
Austria
Liechtenstein
Switzerland

There are also smaller German speaking parts of:

Belgium
Argentina
Brazil (as you mentioned)
Namibia

But in my experience, so much of the world speaks English now, that you would do well enough in most capital cities and developed places around the world.
Other than the fact that you listed Austria twice ;), good list. I never realised there were German-speakers in Namibia, but it makes sense after I learned it was formerly a German colony for a while. Namibia would be relatively high up on my list of African countries anyway, given it's one of the more peaceful and developed African countries from what I've read.
gsjackson wrote:
July 9th, 2020, 8:05 am
What's the COVIPASS, and where did you learn about it? Is it just speculation, or have these countries actually committed to limiting access based on this STUPID, F*CKING COVID CRAP?

I feel ya on the climate thing, having spent five winters in Madison, WI, but you should look at other factors besides temperature. I'd imagine, for example, there are much better climates than Merida in the western part of Mexico because they don't have the humidity.
Here's my link:
http://www.lalinternaazul.info/2020/06/ ... countries/
In case of link rot, from my understanding it's a smartphone app being developed by this British dude that contains your COVID testing history and other information, then other people can scan your phone and determine if they'll allow you in their establishment, for example. It hasn't been officially released yet, but the developers are looking at releasing it in 15 countries including the USA, Canada, Mexico, and several European countries.

Merida can be toasty and humid, especially around May right before the wet season hits. Puerto Vallarta for example has, for my money, a near-perfect temperature profile with lower average dew points in the peak season, but I don't think I would want to live in a city that's basically a tourist trap by design.
gsjackson wrote:
July 9th, 2020, 9:48 am
What's your plan, Mr. Peabody? Right now there are very few places Americans can go. Eradicating international travel seems to be part of the scam.

This crap will end either if Trump loses in November or he finally asserts some leadership and finds a way to subvert the media narrative. Bring out a "vaccine" right away, Trump, inject all the morons with sugar water or some other placebo, and tell them they can go live their lives again.
Yup.
5/13/2024
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Merida is the capital of the world-famous Yucatan Peninsula. It has the most aggressive mosquitos in North America bar-none. They literally bite you, yield back 1 foot in mid air, swoop in again to try to land to bite you again. Not glide in, swoop as if they were a bee or a bird. I'm a CO2 magnet hence their affinity to me. Repelente (insect repellent) doesn't work because the humidity is always 90 percent or more so it dries it up quickly and they're back!! They are usually jet black in color but fast alas harder to swat. They don't have any communicable diseases, but beware of the zebra-coated mosquitos. The moment you find one landing on you, swipe it the fuvk off - Don't squish it because those are the ones that carry the zika virus. Even though there are more kissing bugs in South America, to my surprise I found one in a 3 year old condo I AirBnB'ed in the fraccionmento (neighborhood sector) Paseo del Chenku in Merida last month. I disposed it with a napkin down the toilet she goes. Yes, I sound like @Taco and @Mercury as they exacerbate a lot of things, but this is pretty accurate. Although there is no rodent problem in Merida, they have an insect problem. Flies, moscos (moquitos), ants, and kissing bugs everywhere on the peninsula there.

P.S.: the whole Yucatan Pennisula is CoVid-19 retarded red now. Don't bother going there because the police are bending backwards to make sure there's "sana distancia" (social distancing) and "quedate en casa" (stay at home) being enforced unless you are essential workers like they and "servicio al domicilio" (food delivery) are. I gained 35 lbs. in 2 months being trapped in an AirBnB downtown Merida. Allmost got locked up for not wearing a "cubreboca" (face mask aka face diaper) as 11 cops accosted me as I try to sneak to OXXO 1:30 in the morning down the street. If my Spanish were pigsh*t, those federales would have tossed me into a local Mexican jail there. We all know, as Americans, how bad their jails are!

The women in Merida (that I met on online) didn't want to come to my house (as that's the only place one can go during a pandemic lockdown) because they are not attracted to me (prudish and want to avoid get the livid c.rap fuvked out of them and/or they rather meet me in public and milk me for my money so I'd be playing on their turf, and that cannot happen until repopening. Then again, since Mexico has the "Madrid Syndrome" and even the "Amero Brad Pitt Syndrome", they might omit that and let you have your way with them (i.e. they would come over to your house during a pandemic because you are a WASP male). I'm not a WASP if you have followed me well-enough.

I'm not scaring you away from Merida. I'm just saying that it's not the place to go to now as most of Mexico is tripping over this Kung-Flu hoax. Mexico is trying to stay congruent to America's protocol of decommission and reopening of normalcy of life just so they can send more immigrants to the US. That's why AMLO (Mexico's current leader) had shaken hands with our guy Trump yesterday at the White House.

To wrap this up, since you're not leaving until 2024/2025, that's good because Mexico will more than likely be back to normal then. Mexico is going to be screwed up for the next 1 1/2 years IMHO so just suck it up, stack your money in the U.S. of Gay and then make your exodus. Goodie luck, man.
WisconsinMan82
Freshman Poster

Post by WisconsinMan82 »

^ Great post! Thank you very much. :)

I didn't realise Merida had that bad of a mosquito problem! I also didn't realise how bad the COVID hysteria was in those parts - it's cool hearing from someone with firsthand, recent experience in the area. I knew their rules included "No Kissing, No Hugging" of non-family members and I knew about Mexico's traffic-light approach to reopening; currently Yucatan (the state in which Merida is located) is orange, which is better than red but still not cool.

Again, thank you for a great and insightful post, and good luck to you too wherever your adventures take you! :)
5/13/2024
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

The paranoia by the people there makes the Yucatan red. That's how they act. I'm glad you found it resourceful. I came here the day the Governor of Illinois announced the lockdown; I panicked and fled the USA because my contract already ended, I'm the black sheep of my family so all I have is me myself and I AND I literally just flew in from Sao Paulo into O'hare (Chicago flagship airport). I taken several Greyhound to Monterrey, NL in order to do it, but originally, my ticket from Dallas to the Texan-Mexico border had been canceled mid-trip. I almost freaked out to the point they almost summoned the Dallas PD on me and I almost got into a fight with a couple of Black dudes over the fact I disrespected one of their quasi-o'beast "queens". So I got them to finally give in and re-issue me a ticket to Mexico and made it and two days later they closed the border for a week both sides. The Texan-NL borders should be open nowadays.

Chilled out in SLP (San Luis Potosi) and then made my way back to my "honeycomb hideout" in southern Mexico, then to Merida, and laid low for four months altogether, I just got to Monterrey NL again 3 days ago as I'm waiting for a US-stateside job contact to come to fruition so I can return to making money again in the US of Gay.
Last edited by E Irizarry R&B Singer on July 9th, 2020, 2:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
WisconsinMan82
Freshman Poster

Post by WisconsinMan82 »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
July 9th, 2020, 2:43 pm
The paranoia makes the Yucatan red. That's how they act. I'm glad you found it resourceful.
Do you have any recent experience with other areas in Mexico to say if the hysteria levels are different elsewhere in the country?
5/13/2024
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

gsjackson wrote:

I'm looking at South America or Southeast Asia. Or Maybe I will go back to Mexico.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

MrPeabody wrote:
July 9th, 2020, 6:09 pm
gsjackson wrote:

I'm looking at South America or Southeast Asia. Or Maybe I will go back to Mexico.
Just wait for a year and a half. Mexico has been part of the North American continent since NAFTA and they are in bed, as the United Mexican States of America, with the United States and the United Provinces of America, too. A lot of orange alerts of Kung-Flu in Mexico at the moment; Trust me: I'm here in MTY, Mexico.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
July 9th, 2020, 10:07 pm
MrPeabody wrote:
July 9th, 2020, 6:09 pm
gsjackson wrote:

Just wait for a year and a half. Mexico has been part of the North American continent since NAFTA and they are in bed, as the United Mexican States of America, with the United States and the United Provinces of America, too. A lot of orange alerts of Kung-Flu in Mexico at the moment; Trust me: I'm here in MTY, Mexico.
Mexico can never run with the same fascist efficiency as America. Mexicans are use to getting around rules to survive. For example, the bars are all officially closed. But the nightclubs have moved the bars to the hotel rooms - plenty of girls and beer.