Jobs for Americans in the Philippines driving taxis

Discuss working and making a living overseas, starting a business, or studying abroad.
Winston
Site Admin

Jobs for Americans in the Philippines driving taxis

Post by Winston »

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

YoucancallmeAl
Freshman Poster

Post by YoucancallmeAl »

Uh, wow,...ok. That's 8 minutes of my life I'll never get back.
So I guess the takeaway here is that there are NO jobs for Americans in the Philippines driving taxis.

What about this?:
http://makingalivinginthephilippines.com/
Has anyone read/purchased this guidebook?
wuxi
Freshman Poster

Post by wuxi »

Maybe these guys should have bought a trike instead of a taxi. I know a guy in Cebu that makes 300 pesos($7) a day driving a trike.
YoucancallmeAl
Freshman Poster

Post by YoucancallmeAl »

Hmmm, that's about $210 a month. I hope he has time left for additional income sources. Does it take him all day to amass that $7?
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Just teach English online - google Online ESL Teachers Wanted and get paid through paypal.com. Or when you go there, google " jobs, philippines", then in all those sites, in the search window, google Native English ESL teachers wanted. You will get a few opportunities with Korean schools many of which only care if you are a native speaker. That's all.
The pay? some USD 700-1200 a month.
There you go. This is how you make a living in the Philippines.
Driving taxis my a##!
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
jcris7
Freshman Poster

Post by jcris7 »

Hell yes Winston!!!! This is awesome! I might as well import my 2004 Ford Crown Vic Police Interceptor to the Phils and run a taxi service!!!! Rather than to just let my car sit at home in the US, take it with me and put it to good use! Haha...its an option, just not sure how viable.

This one looks EXACTLY like mine (same color, everything)
http://image9.autorevo.com/3096/pics/33 ... 99ae48.jpg

[/img]
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Filipinos may like Americans who spend money. But when it comes to Americans trying to eke out a subsistence, they can't be bothered. Moreover, I doubt they have a work permit for this type of activity. So they will likely be harassed, extorted, and/or deported by local police if they keep this up for any length of time.

Meanwhile, here in oriental-land (Taiwan), I could easily and legally make over US$2,000 driving a taxi as long as I did it full time and had my own car.

These guys are young and look good. They could do so much better (financially and socially) in many other parts of Asia.
GuyAbroad8293
Freshman Poster

Re: Jobs for Americans in the Philippines driving taxis

Post by GuyAbroad8293 »

LOL this just doesn't work. White Americans cannot do manual labor jobs in 3rd world countries. It is just impossible for a multitude of reasons. I mean for f**k's sake, you wanna be a taxi driver, do that shit in America.
Experienced Poster

Re: Jobs for Americans in the Philippines driving taxis

Post by Zambales »

Knew of a Westerner who was thinking of making a living from a Sari-Sari store :lol:

I've seen quite a few foreigners married to Pinays who are in the hotel trade in the beachy tourist area's but of course you need plenty of money beforehand to accomplish this.