The Nomad Capitalist

Discuss working and making a living overseas, starting a business, or studying abroad.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

The Nomad Capitalist

Post by jamesbond »

The Nomad Capitalist explains how he got started with his career.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

hypermak
Experienced Poster

Re: The Nomad Capitalist

Post by hypermak »

Another one of those fake experts marketing a big bag of Hot Air.

https://nomadcapitalistscam.com/
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

jamesbond wrote:
August 2nd, 2020, 7:56 am
The Nomad Capitalist explains how he got started with his career.

I like a lot of what Andrew provides in terms of visa and second passport advice. He and I actually met and exchanged contact information some time ago in one of the countries we have in common, but I never purchased his services because he provides guidance things that I have been finding out for myself for decades now.

He is not a good match for most on this forum however. Not only is he too pricey for the "Southeast Asia expat" types, but guys on this forum are now fully steeped in cynicism and naysaying unlike when I first began posting here.

HappierAbroad is no longer for the sophisticated and discerning world traveler, it is for the misfit, the marginalized, and the cynic who prefer languishing in the ordinary rather than flourishing in wealth as Andrew advocates. Used to be such a jewel of a site so that really is a shame.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
November 19th, 2020, 5:35 am
I like a lot of what Andrew provides in terms of visa and second passport advice. He and I actually met and exchanged contact information some time ago in one of the countries we have in common, but I never purchased his services because he provides guidance things that I have been finding out for myself for decades now.

He is not a good match for most on this forum however. Not only is he too pricey for the "Southeast Asia expat" types, but guys on this forum are now fully steeped in cynicism and naysaying unlike when I first began posting here.

HappierAbroad is no longer for the sophisticated and discerning world traveler, it is for the misfit, the marginalized, and the cynic who prefer languishing in the ordinary rather than flourishing in wealth as Andrew advocates. Used to be such a jewel of a site so that really is a shame.
Likes with likes, really. As you yourself admit, the guy doesn't provide any advice or guidance that can't be found online with a little bit of research, plus he is pricey. Another case of someone who believes they're worth a lot but they're worth shit...

Uhmmmm...where have I heard this before...? LOL

Another trademark delusion of yours, that one has to squander their cash on all sort of fake gurus to show that they are "flourishing in wealth" :)
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

Nomad Capitalist gives away quite a bit of useful free content (articles, informative videos, etc) that I've found quite valuable. I'm not in the market for any paid services at this time (probably never), but I've come across his/their material quite a few times while burning the midnight oil on expat research online, and it's often very useful. :)
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/
rudder
Junior Poster

Post by rudder »

WilliamSmith wrote:
February 13th, 2022, 10:00 pm
Nomad Capitalist gives away quite a bit of useful free content (articles, informative videos, etc) that I've found quite valuable. I'm not in the market for any paid services at this time (probably never), but I've come across his/their material quite a few times while burning the midnight oil on expat research online, and it's often very useful. :)
Yes the material is pretty good. That said, I read the reviews on reddit and sitejabber for his services. I felt like someone told me Santa Clause is not real.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Do these kinds of "capitalists" actually produce anything of tangible value? It just seems like the bullshit movement of money around, which they obtain in the first place by talking about the bullshit moving of money around.
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

I don't know re: him or his group specifically or what they invest in themselves, but from researching expat stuff in general and seeing anecdotes of businessmen, investors, or entrepreneurs who have gone to developing or frontier markets:

I see anecdotes where there are investors doing well in real estate, professionals providing some kind of technical knowledge or experience they've acquired in a career in the West (organizational stuff, engineering, etc), or getting involved in more traditionally capitalistic entrepreneurial ventures in developing markets.

A handful of examples I just saw lately while looking at some Southeast Asian and African countries:

Some guys with some experience training staff in Western organizations have gotten involved with training them in Vietnam where everyone is healthier, happier and less f***ed up than out here. (Also saw some similar anecdotes from overseas Chinese with businesses in Vietnam and Cambodia.)

Saw a similar anecdote about some retired guy who had experience running a port in a western country, and ended up a sort of MVP in Madagascar making more money doing the same work, but being treated better by friendlier people + with a houseful of good-looking younger wives, LOL.

Some of them start a more traditional business working with some African partners with their own Western contacts, then make millions selling stuff like mobile phones in a country (or part of a country) where there was demand but few or no other people had done that there yet.

A lot of them invest in real estate in foreign markets, where they're purchasing properties at a fraction of the cost they would in the collapsing West, probably often have much less problematic tenants, and also pay much less in taxes.

So yes, all that stuff does produce actual value, not just shifting $$$ around. :)
I personally would rather just trade stocks and build other 100% location-independent income sources, so if things get ugly in one country I can just leave, and no one can accuse me of "exploitation" like they often do of more traditional capitalists and investors who take huge risks and try to get more deeply involved in their new countries they've moved too. I still like Japan, but leaning toward focusing on multiple citizenships at this point.
On that note, while looking up dual/multiple citizenship countries and other related expat stuff, I keep finding useful free material by Nomad Capitalist near the top of the search results, even though they're not the only ones. Right now those Caribbean countries they've done some features on look really great for that. You guys who are ready to leave right now and sell all your US assets and GTFO are lucky! I'd definitely look into the fast citizenship by investment programs they have there on some of those beautiful islands if I were you. Even without citizenship by investment to fast track it though, a lot of those Caribbean and Latin American countries allow dual citizenship and have other options on how you could naturalize there.
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/