Has anyone talk with this woman before

Expose or warn others about scams and scammers, or shady business practices. Expose those that have cheated you or ripped you off. Caution: Before naming specific individuals or groups, make sure that they really wronged you and that there was no misunderstanding. Otherwise your post may constitute slander or libel if it contains false information.
The Conquest
Freshman Poster

Has anyone talk with this woman before

Post by The Conquest »

I have been talking with her for sometime, and she hasn't directly ask for money, but a toothache payment times ten is good money in the Philippines, and I would want like any other to be informed of all the scammers, do I think she is one ? not yet as always though once bitten twice shy. She is on CB and her member ID is

C01507075

any help is appreciated and holy shit wish me Luck[/img]
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Re: Has anyone talk with this woman before

Post by pete98146 »

The Conquest wrote:I have been talking with her for sometime, and she hasn't directly ask for money, but a toothache payment times ten is good money in the Philippines, and I would want like any other to be informed of all the scammers, do I think she is one ? not yet as always though once bitten twice shy. She is on CB and her member ID is

C01507075

any help is appreciated and holy shit wish me Luck[/img]
She's pretty. Lives in Mandaue which is a working class area of Cebu. She's 35 years old with a high school degree and a kid. She wouldn't necessarily be the type that I'm looking for but best of luck! If she hasn't asked for money yet that's a good sign. Scammers will usually ask within the first week. If they don't get what they want then it's off to the next sucker.

But the questions you'd need to be asking yourself would be: 1. Is she moving to your town? Assuming her kid is in her teens will you be able to support both of them? 2. Does she have skills to get a decent job if you do bring her to the west ie will she be an asset or a liability to you?
3. Does she come from a stable or broken background? 4. How many relatives besides her child does she support? 5. Is she divorced?

I'll apologize in advance but I'm very practical. I like women with as few red flags as possible. Be careful and get to know her very very well before you commit to her.
The Conquest
Freshman Poster

Post by The Conquest »

All valid points Pete, and no need to apologize I prefer the straight talk, she hasnt yet asked for money but indirectly she is, over a toothache. I am not sure if I am to bring one here,she also said she wouldn't mind either place and moving to the Philippines does have its advantages, at least for me it does. Hers skills are labour driven, I'm not sure if I would want her to work though. Her child is 11 and out of wedlock, should that ring any bells. The good question I thank you for is how many relatives, it seems that they are all helping each other is what she has said, but never knows until the visit takes place which is getting ready to happen. Anything else is appreciated
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

The Conquest wrote:All valid points Pete, and no need to apologize I prefer the straight talk, she hasnt yet asked for money but indirectly she is, over a toothache. I am not sure if I am to bring one here,she also said she wouldn't mind either place and moving to the Philippines does have its advantages, at least for me it does. Hers skills are labour driven, I'm not sure if I would want her to work though. Her child is 11 and out of wedlock, should that ring any bells. The good question I thank you for is how many relatives, it seems that they are all helping each other is what she has said, but never knows until the visit takes place which is getting ready to happen. Anything else is appreciated
How old are you Conquest? Where do you live? Have you been to Phils to visit her? I do think sending money to help with a toothache is ok, especially if you've been talking to her for awhile. Sounds reasonable.

BTW, if you haven't visited her, Cebu is a neat town and it's filled with expats. I think it's always a good sign if she doesn't mind you coming to live in Phils. Shows she's not necessarily looking for a Green Card. Life is tough for these girls. Cebu is getting expensive (especially the rent). Chances are that she's making maybe $150 per month so a pretty girl like this will use to looks to upgrade her lifestyle. If you come and move to Cebu and you guys rent a $600 dollar house then he's pretty much hit the jackpot. Her lifestyle has just increased ten fold. It's a win/win situation as long as 1. She's committed to you 2. Doesn't have a filipino boyfriend on the side 3. She's a good person 4. Again, she doesn't spend YOUR money on extended realitives. <---- Be careful about this one! Filipinos communicate well. Soon all of her family will know your monthly budget and their demands may increase as a result.

IMHO, if you do move to Phils, it may be a good idea to move a few hours away (check out Davao) to give yourself a buffer between her and the family. This would ensure that you are her priority and less money demands from the relatives arise.

Personally, I'm looking to take it one step farther and I'm investigating living in Nha Trang Vietnam because I believe the monthly costs would be similar to Cebu but you'd get much better value living in Vietnam. Plus Saigon to Manila is less than 3 hours via plane if we did want to go back and visit.
The Conquest
Freshman Poster

Post by The Conquest »

Pete , I'm 45 live in Fla on a temp working/vacation in Cal. I plan on a visit for Aug/Sept Birthday party. This is the issue, we have been talking for almost 2 weeks, good conversation, but I sense that something is squirrely now. She said she is getting by doing some laundry work, ???, and what started this was since she said she wasnt working full time, her camera was busted until 2 days ago, said couldnt afford one, then two days later, here she is on cam, she even said nobody would loan her one, which I believe to smell like b.s. But yes it was the same woman, and her demeanor seemed true. I didnt ask but will where it came from. Her English is ok, but surprisingly well at times.

I was actually looking into the CDO or even Pilar, Thinking to buy a boat and go fishing, charter. Even try and get into supplying local fish houses and Restaurant, I know it would be tough doing this, but I can gamble a little. The Extended family I have read is a concern, but I am for the most part prepared. What isnt know doesn't hurt anyone, and even if the shit hit the fan over me saying cant help is pretty easy, it would be the repercussions from her that would worry me. and this is why I am not looking for the under thirties, YET. I figure that over thirty, still looks good means not much for the Party mentality anymore and with child to boot, even has greater responsibility, hopefully. I could be wrong and if this one goes down the tube, it seems that I may dip into the under thirties.
The Conquest
Freshman Poster

Post by The Conquest »

This one turned out to be a bad seed, asked for 4200 pesos, the next day told her no and then she came up with "thats ok my neighbor is going to lend me the money", just like the cam. Thanks Pete for some questions to ask myself when I go down this road again, and I must say the welcome here has been overwhelming, at-least the Brits say hello, I wish you all to well in your days and may the best of your past be the worst of your future,

ciao
Gone Abroad