Why do Christians/Mormons have an obsessive need to convert/assimilate people? What's the motive? What do they gain?

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Winston
Site Admin

Why do Christians/Mormons have an obsessive need to convert/assimilate people? What's the motive? What do they gain?

Post by Winston »

Questions for Christians:

You Christians hold two primary fallacies that you don't realize: One is that you see the Bible and God as being one and the same, you cannot separate them like other more awakened and liberated people can. I've explained that before in previous sections. The other is that you believe that since Christianity is "the only truth" that it ought to resonate with everyone, meaning everyone ought to become a Christian and no other religions should exist. In your ideal world, everyone should burn all books of other religions and only allow Christian books to exist. Fortunately, Christians do not rule the world. Your wrong assumption is that the Christian Gospel ought to resonate with everyone in the world because it is the ultimate truth, but in reality it doesn't, and that is your biggest stumbling block that you don't get.

Also, you are always saying that we are all lost and that only Jesus can save and fulfill you. You say that money, success, material pursuits, and other religions can never fulfill us. Only Jesus can. But if that's true, then how come so many Christians are dissatisfied and unfulfilled by Christianity and turn toward other things? That cannot be if what you say is true. You never realize this and never deal with it, even though it's obvious.

I've also noticed that you seem to assume that all non-Christians either: Have not heard the Gospel before, or have heard it but don't understand it, otherwise if they understood it they would repent and accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior, you presume. This is a false assumption. Because nearly everyone has heard the Gospel before, especially in America where the Gospel is everywhere and cannot not be heard. The problem you don't realize is that even though everyone knows about the Gospel and understands it, it does NOT resonate with most people. Nor does it make sense, for the many reasons I explained above. That's the key fallacy you don't get.

What's funny is that you Christians who preach the Gospel to non-believers act as if it were something special, like some magical secret or Earth shattering revelation, as if it were something they didn't already know. Yet there's no secret about it, and nearly everyone has heard it before. All you have is a simple message that "Jesus died for your sins and if you accept him as your Lord and Savior, you can be reconciled with God." blah blah blah. It's a very common message that everyone has heard before. So why do you feel the need to share it like some great secret revelation that they don't already know? lol. It's funny when you think about it. The Gospel message is very simple, since it was created to control the masses so it has to be simple and easily understandable. So it's funny that you act like non-Christians do not know about it or do not understand it, hence you have a duty to come rescue them and "reveal the good news" to them. lol. It's hilarious and delusional. The obvious truth you don't realize is that people DO understand the Gospel's simple message, it's just that most of them don't resonate with it, or it doesn't make sense to them for all the reasons above, which you Christians are never able to truly explain away.

The question is: Why do you feel the need to convert and save everyone? Could it be that your faith has implanted some kind of mind virus in you, which seeks more converts to infect so that it can self-replicate and assimilate more host bodies, like the Borg in Star Trek? lol. I know in your mind you believe you are rescuing and saving people from the damnation of hell, because I was an evangelical Christian once too, so I know how they think. But think about why Christians, and Mormons too, have a constant drive to seek new converts, whereas other non-Abrahamic religions, such as Buddhism or Hinduism, do not need to convert others? Why can't you be satisfied with the number of followers you already have? Why do you need to seek to grow your faith constantly? Are you sure you aren't spreading some type of mind virus that is working through you to assimilate others? It seems to be an obsession, so you gotta wonder why.

As we all know, Christians (and Mormons especially) have a tendency to approach total strangers to witness to them, send missionaries overseas to do hard work just to win converts and "do God's will", proselytize on TV, hold revivalist rallies like Billy Graham did, hand out Gospel tracts, etc. The Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses even go door to door to hand out literature and pamphlets, as if they are being paid to sell something. Why? Why this obsession to convert others? For what gain and profit? Are you trying to acquire "riches in heaven"? Is it a competition to win souls? If so, isn't that a self-serving motive? So you gotta wonder: What your true motive is and does it make sense? Especially since you don't know if non-believers are really going to hell or not. You just assume so because you were brainwashed into it somehow. Since deconverting from Christianity I've asked myself these questions too.

A word of advice for Christians:

Let me give you a word of advice. As in marketing, if you want to convert people, find those who need your message. Don't falsely assume that everyone is "lost and needs Christ". It simply isn't true. Most people have their beliefs and religions and are happy with it, otherwise they would seek to change it and be open to considering your message. If someone doesn't need your Gospel of Salvation, stop falsely assuming that they do, as if all non-Christians are "lost and need Christ". That simply isn't true and if you persist in that view you are only deluding yourself. No offense, but it's true. This is why Christian and Mormon missionaries who go abroad and expect their Gospel to resonate with everyone end up sorely disappointed when they get a dose of reality and see that their assumption was false all along.

What you need to do is find those who are lost or empty, from broken families, with nothing to live for or believe in, such as the criminals in prison. That's why organizations like Prison Ministries (www.prisonfellowship.org and www.prisonministry.org) are successful. They deliver their message to those who need it most, like a good business marketer does. Anyone in marketing will tell you that a smart business does not waste its time or resources targeting those who don't need their product or service. They find those who do need their products/services and target them. That's how they succeed. So if you want to "save souls for Christ" you gotta follow the same strategy, and drop this "everyone is lost and needs Christ" nonsense and that "all non-Christians are empty and can never be satisfied or fulfilled unless they turn to Christ". It simply is NOT so. Sorry to burst your bubble. In this case, the Prison Ministry Foundations work and have good success, because people in prison do tend to be lost, broken, empty, and in need of a good purpose in life. They need someone to rescue them and help them get back on their feet. Especially once they get out of jail. So prisons have the right target market for evangelists. Think about it.

Another option are Lighthouse Missions that serve as homeless shelters, providing food and shelter for the homeless as long as they are seeking work and going to chapel. They too are full of broken people who need something to believe in and live for. So they would be another viable target market for your Gospel.

So stop targeting people who don't need your Gospel. It's futile and a waste of time. Target those who would be open to your message and need it, those who have nothing to believe in and are truly lost in life and need a sense of purpose. Not those who already have their purpose and beliefs. It's simply not true that every non-Christian is "lost without Christ". The sooner you drop such false beliefs, the better. That's my advice to you. Take it or leave it. It's up to you. I hope I've given you something to think about it either way.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why do Christians/Mormons have an obsessive need to convert/assimilate people? What's the motive? What do they gain?

Post by Taco »

Jesus Christ did missionary work when he was on earth. Mormons and other religions do missionary work too.

Mormons believe you'll eventually be punished for not accepting their gospel message if you reject their missionaries. Mormon's believe there's only one true religion on earth today and it's their religion. This is a nice way of saying all other religions worship Satan and not Jesus Christ. If this is true it would explain why there is so much persecution against them. It was legal to kill Mormons in the state of Missouri until 1978 when the law was finally changed. If this had happened to any other group of people it would be broadcast all over the media. However, the media is very silent on this issue and so are the history books.
Last edited by Taco on August 20th, 2021, 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why do Christians/Mormons have an obsessive need to convert/assimilate people? What's the motive? What do they gain?

Post by Winston »

But they can't be hated just because they claim you will go to hell if you are not a believer. The Evangelical Christians believe that too, why aren't they persecuted like the Mormons are? That makes no sense. There has to be more to it than that. It's not just the polygamy either because that came later on and was not part of early Mormonism. Maybe Americans didn't like a new religion being created on their own soil among white people?

So Mormons believe they have to work as missionaries and witness to others to gain their salvation? It's not by faith only?

However, I heard that Evangelical Christianity was not mainstream in the 1800s. Only in 1910 did it become mainstream. I have not heard that they were persecuted though. There have always been many Christian denominations though, why would Mormonism stand out as being especially persecuted?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Winston wrote:
August 20th, 2021, 5:28 pm
But they can't be hated just because they claim you will go to hell if you are not a believer. The Evangelical Christians believe that too, why aren't they persecuted like the Mormons are? That makes no sense. There has to be more to it than that. It's not just the polygamy either because that came later on and was not part of early Mormonism. Maybe Americans didn't like a new religion being created on their own soil among white people?

So Mormons believe they have to work as missionaries and witness to others to gain their salvation? It's not by faith only?

However, I heard that Evangelical Christianity was not mainstream in the 1800s. Only in 1910 did it become mainstream. I have not heard that they were persecuted though. There have always been many Christian denominations though, why would Mormonism stand out as being especially persecuted?
Not all Mormons are full time missionaries. Some choose to do it.

Evangelical Christians are controlled by the CIA, its supposed to be a secret. Guys like Joel Osteen, Billy Graham, Kenneth Copeland, Jim Baker etc... Basically all the TV evangelists are part of the corruption. They tell their followers they will all be forgiven for their sins in return for money.

No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth. ~ Plato
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

But not all evangelists are out for money though. Billy Graham wasn't. And top apologists like Lee Strobel and Dr. William Lane Craig are sincere, even if they are fanatics. How do you explain that? They can't be controlled by CIA either right? They are men of good character and not out to make money really. Nothing slick about them.

But if you grow up in a Mormon family and you are male, you are required to do missionary work for 2 years when you turn 18 or 19 remember? Didn't you know that?

But my point is that even if they aren't missionaries, they still feel the need to convert you. I experienced this in Utah. When I asked a park ranger about Mormonism she went off on a rant and couldn't stop. lol. And total strangers invited me to their church too.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Btw, does anyone know what Christianity was like in America before the Evangelicals became mainstream in 1910? How was it different? What about the Christianity of early Protestanism, like Martin Luther and John Calvin and Jonathan Edward? Was what they believed different from modern Gospel Evangelical Christianity?

Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Winston wrote:
The Evangelical Christians believe that too, why aren't they persecuted like the Mormons are? That makes no sense. There has to be more to it than that.
Mormon's were persecuted and forcibly removed from Missouri because they opposed slavery and Missouri was a slave state.

Start video at 5:00 minute.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I thought of another reason why missionaries need to convert. Because obviously they need to receive funding from their churches and have to show that they've changed lives and saved souls. Otherwise, no funding. Same with police and border patrol, they gotta catch someone to prove they are worth the funding they receive. So it's political in a sense. In the Philippines, I saw some mission groups that provide food and shelter and education for bar girls in Angeles City. If they are able to rescue some, then they will receive more donations from American churchgoers, right?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Taco wrote:
August 29th, 2021, 6:07 pm
Winston wrote:
The Evangelical Christians believe that too, why aren't they persecuted like the Mormons are? That makes no sense. There has to be more to it than that.
Mormon's were persecuted and forcibly removed from Missouri because they opposed slavery and Missouri was a slave state.

That's interesting. So one of the Mormon leaders was shot at with two guns but both misfired? Wow. Sounds like what happened with Andrew Jackson. If God protected him then why couldn't he protect Joseph Smith from assassination? You gotta wonder. Makes no sense.

Those Mormon white temples and buildings look nice. I've seen them in person. I wonder how they are able to keep it so white and clean. Since white gets dirty easily.

Why were they hated in Illinois though?

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Winston wrote:
August 29th, 2021, 10:18 pm
Taco wrote:
August 29th, 2021, 6:07 pm
Winston wrote:

That's interesting. So one of the Mormon leaders was shot at with two guns but both misfired? Wow. Sounds like what happened with Andrew Jackson. If God protected him then why couldn't he protect Joseph Smith from assassination? You gotta wonder. Makes no sense.

Those Mormon white temples and buildings look nice. I've seen them in person. I wonder how they are able to keep it so white and clean. Since white gets dirty easily.

Why were they hated in Illinois though?
Gun technology improved a lot during the Civil War. This was before that, and people might have owned older guns, too. Were the pistols of that time front-load muskets? It might have been fairly normal for guns to misfire. I remember in history class learning that colonial weapons did not always fire straight.

@Taco, pay attention to the wording of the video. Also listen for spin. Mormonism was a racist religion. I think it was the 70's when they started allowing black priests. There are plenty of racists quotes from their leaders.

This is from Wikipedia:
"Slave owners complained that the Mormons were interfering with slaves, but the LDS Church denied such claims.[40]:27 In 1835, the Church issued an official statement that, because the United States government allowed slavery, the Church would not "interfere with bond-servants, neither preach the gospel to, nor baptize them contrary to the will and wish of their masters, nor meddle with or influence them in the least to cause them to be dissatisfied with their situations in this life, thereby jeopardizing the lives of men."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mormonism_and_slavery

The video claims people were upset because it had been reported that Mormons would baptize slaves. But would Mormons __really__ baptize slaves, or did the video maker spin the video to make the racist Mormons out to be less racist, maybe even champions for modern values of equality? Baptists and Methodists had been converting slaves for a long time before the Mormons came on the scene. Maybe slaveowners wouldn't have wanted their slaves to join a weird cult. That's possible. But the whole explanation could be spin.

I heard someone went to a museum made out of the house where Joseph Smith was imprisoned. When the story was retold, it sounded like the mob killed him like a sheep going to slaughter. The guide left out the part about his having a shootout with the crowd and having a piston in his hand and made him sound more like a martyr.