Christian Members: What Kind Of “God” Would Allow This?

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Neo
Junior Poster

Re: Christian Members: What Kind Of “God” Would Allow This?

Post by Neo »

One thing I fail to understand about some people who do not wish to have a relationship with the God of the Bible: If they hate to hear about Him, if they do not like Him, if they think that belief in Him is absurd, then why do they insist on starting discussions about Him, His religion and His people?

Surely they already think they know all about what motivates Christians or they have already formed an opinion about it.

So what's the point?
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Neo wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 4:14 pm
One thing I fail to understand about some people who do not wish to have a relationship with the God of the Bible: If they hate to hear about Him, if they do not like Him, if they think that belief in Him is absurd, then why do they insist on starting discussions about Him, His religion and His people?

Surely they already think they know all about what motivates Christians or they have already formed an opinion about it.

So what's the point?
Typical evasive response from a "Christian" who cannot answer the question of what kind of god would allow a woman to have her baby die overnight. This is just what they do!
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 7:15 am
For all you Christian nutjobs and lunatics that love to proselytize and annoy people here, what is your Christian explanation for this? And please spare us the mumbo jumbo about god working in mysterious ways. Your biblical rhetoric is nonsensical when things like this happen.
Btw, 'God works in mysterious ways, His wonders to perform' is Shakespeare, not from the Bible.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

December 11th, 2020, 1:18 pm
Neo wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 12:51 pm
God has His reasons for the things He does.
COMPLETELY predictable response from a weak Christian mind. Christianity will excuse every evil in the world so long as they can attribute it to the cruel and mysterious "gods will."

These people should be truly ashamed!
But what do u expect? Can u explain calculus to an insect? Of course not. How can you? Things at a higher dimension also cannot be explained in words. Words are designed for the physical plane only. They dont work in higher dimensions. If you were spiritual you would understand that.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

December 11th, 2020, 1:18 pm
Winston wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 12:44 pm
1. A God you can't understand who has reasons you can't understand.

2. A God who doesn't care and has better things to do.

3. A God who is not perfect and can't save everyone.

4. A God who doesn't have the power to correct everything.
And would you say such stupidly dismissive and heartless things if you picked up your child only to find that he is stiff because he had died in his sleep?

COMPLETELY predictable response from a weak Christian mind. Christianity will excuse every evil in the world so long as they can attribute it to the cruel and mysterious "gods will."

These people should be truly ashamed!
Of course in that situation i would be shocked and angry and blame God too. We've all gone through those stages. Its natural. But that doesnt mean that i would suddenly believe that we were created by random accident in a pool of mud struck by lighting, or that randomness can create information and specified complexity like a machine, or that life can come from non-life. You would still lose that argument not matter how angry you are at God. Ive explains this many times. Why dont you get it?

Also how do u know that mother didn't have bad health or bad genes or smoked or drank alcohol while she was pregnant? You dont do you? God cant correct every wrong in the world. Can u correct every wrong in your body or prevent every cell in your body from dying and being replaced?

Maybe the mother wasnt meant to be a mother? Maybe her baby and her had bad karma from a past life? You gotta consider those too. Your mind is too black and white.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@Neo and @MrMan,
Just wondering, if your baby suddenly died, would it damage your faith? How would u deal with it or make sense out of it? Would u be angry at God for a while and blame him? How have u dealt with such tragedies and misfortunes in the past?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Alex's reply:

"I'd let Nick Vujicic to reply to him.
If He can't get why Nick is a believer, then he'll never get no matter what.
Anyway CE has a lot of reasons to despise mainstream Christian doctrines... it's based on a pile of false myths, it's illogical, it's filled up with immorality issues"

https://youtu.be/rIlh-nctRK0

Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Winston wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 10:57 pm
@Neo and @MrMan,
Just wondering, if your baby suddenly died, would it damage your faith? How would u deal with it or make sense out of it? Would u be angry at God for a while and blame him? How have u dealt with such tragedies and misfortunes in the past?
Certainly the death of any loved one would hurt deeply, and there would be many tears. However, as I wrote above, death is a part of life. It's just a matter of when and how. Fortunately for babies, they haven't had a chance to commit sin or do wrong, so they should go straight to heaven. They also get to avoid the trials and tribulations of life and go straight to glory. There is pain and suffering in this life. In heaven there are neither. And there is a world to come, where there will be no sin, no death, no pain, no hunger, no evil doers, and abundance of good things.

I've had loved ones die before and I felt no anger. So I don't think I would feel any.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Winston wrote:
@Neo and @MrMan,
No, they would be completely fine with it because they would think it was god's will being done because, of course, "God works in mysterious ways."
:roll:
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Also contrarian expatriate,
Sure its easy to blame God for all the tragedies in life, but you always forget to thank God and show gratitude for the miracle of life and all the beauty in life too. When u look around u at the beautiful landscapes and mountains and forests and beaches in America, dont u marvel and feel God in your heart? If you're gonna blame God for the bad stuff you gotta thank him for the good stuff too. But you never do that do you? If you showed more gratitude then you'd have more blessings and be happier. You should be fair and acknowledge both. Not just one.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

[12/12, 3:12 PM] Alex From Venice: if there's true faith, death is explained and can be accepted, those who don't have true faith can't accept death

[12/12, 3:14 PM] Winston Wu: But isnt such death unfair and unjust? Why does God allow it?

[12/12, 3:14 PM] Alex From Venice: I think it's OK to be angry to God as first reaction... it's human nature
[12/12, 3:15 PM] Alex From Venice: because it's not the earthly life that matters

[12/12, 3:16 PM] Winston Wu: But why doesnt God prevent it?

[12/12, 3:17 PM] Alex From Venice: aren't we here on earth to know the good and evil?
[12/12, 3:17 PM] Alex From Venice: that's what Eve chose when she eat the fruit from the tree or Good and Evil
[12/12, 3:18 PM] Alex From Venice: so here we are, facing good and evil and having to chose between good and evil
[12/12, 3:18 PM] Alex From Venice: if there's no evil how can we know what we would choose?
[12/12, 3:20 PM] Alex From Venice: anyway death isn't good nor it's evil
[12/12, 3:20 PM] Alex From Venice: but joy is good, suffer is evil
[12/12, 3:22 PM] Alex From Venice: yet Jesus had to bear one of the most cruel and horrible suffer in his life
[12/12, 3:22 PM] Alex From Venice: so, that means that suffer has a purpose
[12/12, 3:23 PM] Alex From Venice: otherwise Jesus would have escaped it
[12/12, 3:24 PM] Alex From Venice: he certainly could have died and resurrected without having to bear the suffer of crucifixion
[12/12, 3:24 PM] Alex From Venice: so the real sacrifice Jesus did for us, wasn't his death, but his suffer
[12/12, 3:25 PM] Alex From Venice: we know from the book of Job and from our inner moral law that Jesus suffer couldn't be a punishment
[12/12, 3:27 PM] Alex From Venice: he doesn't blame God... he state that God doesn't exist

[12/12, 3:28 PM] Winston Wu: He wont say if he's a theist or atheist.

[12/12, 3:29 PM] Alex From Venice: he throw suffer at the face of believers because he want to cause them fall in contradiction as they likely do, so to show them how stupid they are in their reasoning, and he'll enjoy see them displaying their stupidity

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Winston wrote:
@Neo and @MrMan,
I would like to think not. I've faced hardship before along those lines.

This is also a very emotion-based way of looking at things. We all have emotions, but facing hardship, from a logical perspective, isn't any kind of argument against the existence of God.

It is not like the Bible teaches there will be no hardship or suffering in life for those who follow God.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

MrMan wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 7:24 pm
Winston wrote:
@Neo and @MrMan,

This is also a very emotion-based way of looking at things. We all have emotions, but facing hardship, from a logical perspective, isn't any kind of argument against the existence of God.

It is not like the Bible teaches there will be no hardship or suffering in life for those who follow God.
Can you read MrMoron? The thread questions what kind of god would ALLOW this, not if there exists a god.

Thanks for proving that you Christians cannot muster an answer to the question. Brainwashed people dance around these questions and prove themselves to be fools.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

December 12th, 2020, 7:37 pm
MrMan wrote:
Winston wrote:
@Neo and @MrMan,

Can you read MrMoron? The thread questions what kind of god would ALLOW this, not if there exists a god.

Thanks for proving that you Christians cannot muster an answer to the question. Brainwashed people dance around these questions and prove themselves to be fools.
He asked if it would damage my faith, so my response was irrelevant. You sure like to stir up trouble. Can't you join in a civil conversation? What is wrong with you?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

December 12th, 2020, 7:37 pm
MrMan wrote:
Winston wrote:
@Neo and @MrMan,

Well then logically the answer is:

1. A God who doesn't care.

2. A God you can't understand.

3. A God who can't do anything about it.

4. A God who is not aware that such things happen.