112 Saved by faith alone salvation verses

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Neo
Junior Poster

112 Saved by faith alone salvation verses

Post by Neo »

The Bible is clear that salvation is by faith alone in Jesus Christ!
1. Genesis 15:6: “And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.”
2. Habakkuk 2:4: “Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.”

3. Mark 1:15: “And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.” [Repent = change of mind, as God repented numerous times in the OT and God has no sin to turn away from.]
4. Mark 16:16: “He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.” [He that believes is saved, baptism is a commandment.]
5. Luke 8:12: “Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.”

6. Luke 7:50: “And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.”
7. Luke 8:12: “Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.”

8. John 1:12: “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:”
9. John 3:(14,)15: “And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.“
10. John 3:16: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

11. John 3:18: “He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.”

12. John 3:36: “He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.”
13. John 5:24: “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”

14. John 6:35: “And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.”
15. John 6:40: “And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day. “

16. John 6:47: “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.”
17. John 7:38: “He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.”
18. John 8:24: “I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.”
19. John 11:25: “Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:”

20. John 11:26: “And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?”
21. John 12:46: “I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.”
22. John 16:27: “For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.”

23. John 20:31: “But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.”
24. Acts 2:21: “And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
25. Acts 5:14: “And believers were the more added to the Lord, multitudes both of men and women.)”

26. Acts 8:12: “But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.”
27. Acts 8:13: “Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.”

28. Acts 8:37 (8:35-38): “Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus. And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.”
29. Acts 10:43: “To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.”

30. Acts 11:17,18: “Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God? When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.”
31. Acts 11:21: “And the hand of the Lord was with them: and a great number believed, and turned unto the Lord.”
32. Acts 13:39: “And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.”

33. Acts 13:48: “And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.”
34. Acts 15:7-9: “And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; and put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.”
35. Acts 16:31: “And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.”

36. Acts 18:8: “And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed, and were baptized.”
37. Acts 22:16: “And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.”

38. Acts 26:18: “To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.”
39. Romans 1:16: “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.”

40. Romans 1:17: “For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.”
41. Romans 3:22a: “Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe:”
42. Romans 3:25: “Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;”

43. Romans 3:26: “To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.”
44. Romans 3:28: “Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.”
45. Romans 3:30: “Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.”

46. Romans 4:3: “For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.”
47. Romans 4:5: “But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.”

48. Romans 4:9: “Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness.”
49. Romans 4:11: “And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:”

50. Romans 4:13: “For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.”

51. Romans 4:16,17: “Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all, (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.”

52. Romans 4:18-22: “Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be. And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah’s womb: he staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; and being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform. And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.”

53. Romans 5:1: “Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:”
54. Romans 5:2: “By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.”

55. Romans 4:20-25: “He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; and being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform. And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness. Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him; but for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.”

56. Romans 9:30: “What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.”

57. Romans 9:32,33: “Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone; as it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.”

58. Romans 10:4: “For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.”
59. Romans 10:6a: “But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise…”

60. Romans 10:9: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
61. Romans 10:10: “For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”
62. Romans 10:11: “For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.”

63. Romans 10:13: “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
64. Romans 10:14-17: “How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”
65. Romans 11:20: “Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:”

66. 1 Corinthians 1:21: “For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.”
67. 1 Corinthians 15:2: “By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.”

68. 1 Corinthians 15:17: “And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.”
69. 2 Corinthians 4:4: “In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.”

70. 2 Corinthians 6:14: “Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?”
71. 2 Corinthians 6:15: “And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?”
72. Galatians 2:16: “Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.”

73. Galatians 2:20: “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.”
74. Galatians 3:6,7: “Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness. Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.”
75. Galatians 3:8: “And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.”

76. Galatians 3:11: “But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.”
77. Galatians 3:14: “That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.”

78. Galatians 3:22: “But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.”
79. Galatians 3:24: “Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.”

80. Galatians 3:26: “For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.”
81. Galatians 5:5: “For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.”
82. Ephesians 1:13: “In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,”

83. Ephesians 1:19: “And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,”
84. Ephesians 2:8,9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast.”
85. Philippians 3:9: “And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:”

86. Colossians 1:4,5: “Since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus, and of the love which ye have to all the saints, for the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, wherefore ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel;”
87. Colossians 2:12: “Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.”

88. 1 Thessalonians 2:13: “For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.”
89. 2 Thessalonians 1:10: “When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.”

90. 2 Thessalonians 2:12: “That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.”
91. 1 Timothy 1:16: “Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.”
92. 1 Timothy 4:10: “For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.”

93. 2 Timothy 3:15: “And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.”
94. Hebrews 3:18: “And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?”
95. Hebrews 4:2: “For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.”

96. Hebrews 4:3a: “For we which have believed do enter into rest…”
97. Hebrews 11:7: “By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.”

98. Hebrews 11:31: “By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace.”
99. Hebrews 10:38: “Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.”

100. Hebrews 10:39: “But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.”
101. Hebrews 11:6: “But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.”
102. James 2:5: “Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?”

103. James 2:23: “And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.”
104. 1 Peter 1:5: “Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.”
105. 1 Peter 1:9: “Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.”

106. 1 Peter 1:18-21: “Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.”1 Peter 2:6: “Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.”
107. 1 Peter 2:7: “Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,”

108. 1 John 5:1a: “Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God…”
109. 1 John 5:4: “For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.”

110. 1 John 5:5: “Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?”
111. 1 John 5:10: “He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.”
112. 1 John 5:13: “These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.”
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Neo
Junior Poster

Re: 112 Saved by faith alone salvation verses

Post by Neo »

John 6:47 KJV
[47] Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

Acts 16:30-31 KJV
[30] And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? [31] And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

1 John 5:13 KJV
[13] These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Yes, that is all. Just believe in the Lord: that He is the Son of God and that He has done all the work to save you.

Most people know that Christ died for our sins, but what they always forget is just as important. That is that He also kept all the commandments of God. He fulfilled the entirety of the law. By completing all the commandments of God, He thereby overcame and conquered the commandments for everyone to be saved. He has overcome the law. All we must do is believe in Him! This is why salvation is not by works.

Romans 10:4 KJV For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Do you still think there must be some works? There aren't any. Salvation is outside the commandments:

Romans 3 KJV
[21] But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;[22] Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Salvation is by faith alone, outside of keeping the commandments:

Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

It is the free gift of God to all those who believe in His Son:

Romans 6:23 KJV
[23] For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV
[8] For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: [9] Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Romans 3:24 KJV Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

All you must do is believe. Then you're saved from that moment.

Salvation can never be lost:

John 6:37 KJV
[37] All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

John 10:28 KJV
[28] And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Ephesians 4:30 KJV
[30] And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Some soul winning examples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBIR4xS6s0U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J94G0XMGgy8

https://youtu.be/hycjHApNNOM

You can't lose your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wvfigb_3CO0
Pinayhunter
Freshman Poster

Post by Pinayhunter »

I started in Matthew yesterday, and I’ve already found some verses that seem to hint at lordship salvation. I still believe we’re saved by faith alone, but I’m having trouble reconciling these verses.

Mat 3:10 - And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

I’m assuming the tree symbolizes a person and the fruit symbolizes works.

Mat 5:29 - And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Most commentators agree that “offend” means “cause to sin.”

Mat 5:44 - But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Mat 5:45 - That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven:

So if you don’t do those things, you can’t be God’s child?
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Pinayhunter wrote:
July 28th, 2019, 9:16 am
I started in Matthew yesterday, and I’ve already found some verses that seem to hint at lordship salvation. I still believe we’re saved by faith alone, but I’m having trouble reconciling these verses.

Mat 3:10 - And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

I’m assuming the tree symbolizes a person and the fruit symbolizes works.
The trees that are cut down or plucked up are the ones that God the Father has not planted. These are the children of the Wicked One. Their works are consistently and exceedingly wicked (workers of iniquity) and therefore they are rejected. Saved people, even if they do some bad things, are not nearly as wicked as the reprobate. These people do evil that most decent people could never conceive of, such as sabotaging or ruining innocent people's lives for no particular reason other than for fun or jealousy.

In other words, works cannot save a person, but God is always watching to see our works as a test of our heart and soul, but if a person has gone too far with their evil works (before they get saved, because a person can only be rejected from eternal salvation as an unsaved person), that person can be rejected and therefore will be unable to get saved, and then they are reserved to destruction.

There are certain people who have become workers of iniquity exceedingly (what is the point of rejection, no one knows). Those people who've had too much pleasure in wickedness will be rejected, see 2nd Thessalonians 2:10-12, Amos 8, 2 Peter 2. Book of Jude, Romans 1, Proverbs 1 (and the children of Eli the priest in the OT for an example).

It's a common misconception that everyone can get saved. It's not true. Many people are unable to get saved simply because they're way too wicked early in their lives. Then they will be unable to believe. God has to give each person the faith. Even faith itself is a gift, and some people are so evil He no longer wants fellowship with them.
Pinayhunter wrote:
Mat 5:29 - And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
Some people refuse to get saved because they know that eventually they will be reproved of their sins. They know that Christ will eventually demand that they stop whatever it is they are doing that they know is sinful, and some people are blinded by the love of their sin and don't want to stop. Eternal life is much more valuable than holding onto sin and iniquity. It's thousands or more times better than this life, and infinitely better than eternal destruction.
Pinayhunter wrote:
Mat 5:44 - But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Mat 5:45 - That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven:

So if you don’t do those things, you can’t be God’s child?
A person is still God's child because we're all God's children through faith in Christ. He's saying He wants everyone to be just like Him: like Father like son. Do the same things that He does and be like Him. Because God does good things even for His human enemies.
Last edited by Neo on July 28th, 2019, 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Neo wrote:
June 26th, 2019, 8:11 am
John 6:47 KJV
[47] Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

Acts 16:30-31 KJV
[30] And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? [31] And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

1 John 5:13 KJV
[13] These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Yes, that is all. Just believe in the Lord: that He is the Son of God and that He has done all the work to save you.

Most people know that Christ died for our sins, but what they always forget is just as important. That is that He also kept all the commandments of God. He fulfilled the entirety of the law. By completing all the commandments of God, He thereby overcame and conquered the commandments for everyone to be saved. He has overcome the law. All we must do is believe in Him! This is why salvation is not by works.

Romans 10:4 KJV For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Do you still think there must be some works? There aren't any. Salvation is outside the commandments:

Romans 3 KJV
[21] But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;[22] Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Salvation is by faith alone, outside of keeping the commandments:

Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

It is the free gift of God to all those who believe in His Son:

Romans 6:23 KJV
[23] For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV
[8] For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: [9] Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Romans 3:24 KJV Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

All you must do is believe. Then you're saved from that moment.

Salvation can never be lost:

John 6:37 KJV
[37] All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

John 10:28 KJV
[28] And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Ephesians 4:30 KJV
[30] And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Some soul winning examples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBIR4xS6s0U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J94G0XMGgy8

https://youtu.be/hycjHApNNOM

You can't lose your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wvfigb_3CO0
You know, Anderson is an absolute knucklehead on the flat earth issue. He's aggressively, name-callingly hostile toward it. Is someone so close-minded the right sort for being an evangelist? It certainly costs him my attention.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

gsjackson wrote:
July 28th, 2019, 10:37 am

You know, Anderson is an absolute knucklehead on the flat earth issue. He's aggressively, name-callingly hostile toward it. Is someone so close-minded the right sort for being an evangelist? It certainly costs him my attention.
He's probably won thousands upon thousands of souls to Christ. I got saved by watching him on YT in February 2014.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Pinayhunter wrote:
Read Romans 3,4 and 5 and the Book of Galatians 2 and 3 as many times as you need until it's clear. It's explained in detail.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Here's some more proof that salvation absolutely cannot be by keeping the commandments (and these are just a few verses from these chapters that prove this, without listing all of them):

James 2:10 KJV For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Galatians 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

If salvation came by the law, or keeping the commandments, then there is no need for a Messiah. We could all just do it by keeping the law.

Galatians 3

10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

Romans 3

20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

[And this is why we need Christ, because our works will always be short of God's requirement. The whole purpose of the Savior is that we can be reconciled to God without works by faith]

Romans 4

2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.

3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Romans 5

1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

[The offense is Adam's offense; the righteousness of One is Christ's perfection; It is Christ's obedience that makes us righteous. We simply must believe in Him for salvation.]

Romans 11:6 KJV And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work. [If salvation is by grace then it cannot be by works; if salvation is by works then it is not by grace: because grace is free.]
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

8/5/19 1:40PM listening to Rush Limbaugh and he just said that all a person has to do to be saved is to "believe in Jesus and that's it." Interesting. I wonder if this will be uploaded somewhere so I can review it later. He's even talking about eternal life. And I wonder how many souls, if any, he just captured and won to Christ.

Rush Limbaugh explains salvation here at 1:01:00 to 1:02:00 (One hour and one minute mark).

Show: Monday, August 5.2019 61 minutes into program (1:40PM)

Open transcript / Quote:

They have tried to say that what you have to do to get to heaven is impossible: you have to live a perfect life, and you can't do that so that's a myth.

That's not what it [the Bible?] says. To get to heaven you believe in Jesus; seriously seriously believe and accept Jesus Christ.

That's cause nobody can live a sin free life. It's not possible [by] virtue of our creation it is impossible.

So that cannot be the test, but the left has come along and convinced non-believers and the ignorant that it is.

Now the left thinks that religion / organized religion is one of the biggest tricks ever played on humanity and they think it's a brilliant trick because it was used to keep societies and groups of
people in check.

This might only be up for 24 hrs before it is deleted by YT.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Resist anyone trying to lure you into religious cults.

Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
August 7th, 2019, 2:16 am
Resist anyone trying to lure you into religious cults.

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Believing that Jesus is the Son of God, the Christ, to receive the free gift of eternal life, is in no way joining a cult. In fact, many saved individuals don't attend church. There is no brainwashing. There is only salvation.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Neo wrote:
August 7th, 2019, 5:37 am
Believing that Jesus is the Son of God, the Christ, to receive the free gift of eternal life, is in no way joining a cult. In fact, many saved individuals don't attend church. There is no brainwashing. There is only salvation.
Whatever Kool-Aid Neo is trying to get you to drink, DO NOT DRINK IT!
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

In the Bible, false prophets are spoken of. These are the ravening wolves in sheep's clothing who are seeking to devour other people's lives, especially by leading them into a false gospel that doesn't save, or even leading them to death in some cases. Cults are formed by these false prophets, and it was even foreknown that because of them Christianity would be evil-spoken of. [Also, many false prophets will steal other men's wives, and others are homosexuals - this is opposed to Christianity.]

Christianity is not about forming some community in the wilderness of Guyana, and that isn't necessary. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that Christians need to remove themselves out of a community (except for if that city is about to be destroyed by God).

The first and main thing that Christianity is about is believing and accepting that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God. That is the only thing a person has to do to be saved and to be a Christian. Everything else about Christianity is the keeping of the commandments. People are not commanded to live apart from civilization or to form a sect in the wilderness. And there are multiple warnings against false prophets and ravening wolves.