From New Age to Jesus Testimonies

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: From New Age to Jesus - Christian Testimonies

Post by Winston »

TruthSeeker wrote:
July 17th, 2021, 8:27 am
Winston wrote:
July 16th, 2021, 11:29 am
I dont agree that God would only provide one way. If God was that narrow then he would only create one race and one culture and one animal and one color, etc. If he loves diversity in nature then he should love diversity in religion. The logic follows.

Think about this. Do your parents mind if u go see them by plane, car, boat, train or bicycle? No of course not. As long as u arrive thats what counts.

Also if God wanted everyone to be Christian why would he promote it in the middle east only? He would have Jesus go to every country in the world and proclaim the gospel. Or he would write the gospel in the sky for everyone on Earth to see.

Why cant u just realize that all this religion stuff is man made? Why is that so hard for many Christians? Being inspired to write something does not mean it was dictated. If the Sun inspired you to paint a sunset or sunrise, that does not mean the Sun painted it of course. You are the one who painted it. Not the Sun. Same with the Bible.
That is an unbelievably stupid post especially since you come from a evangelical Christian background. God the Father is pure and holy. We are sinners. We don't just go see Him "by plane, car, boat, train or bicycle". That is not the way to get to the Father. We have to go through the sacrificial Lamb Jesus Christ who paid for our sins on the cross. That is how we have access to the Father, through Jesus Christ. Also Jesus talked of children of God and children of the devil. So all are not God's children. Not all even want to go to the Father.

The gospel has already been preached to those nations you mentioned and for the most part has been rejected. Even Israel for the most part has rejected Jesus Christ. He is the only way to the Father (John 14:6).

He would not write the gospel message on the sky because he wants us to come to Him by faith. Faith comes by hearing, not by seeing.

You know all the Scriptures Winston. You are just making excuses.

You are right however about the inspiration part. All Scripture comes by inspiration of God. He did not write it directly, except for the ten commandments which He wrote on stone tablets.
How do you know that? How do you know what the word or will of God is? Did he tell you directly? Why do you think a man made collection of books written by many men and revised many times by men, is the word of God? You just assume it is, but you have no valid reason or basis if you think about it. You don't think do you? You just react on instinct.

So you agree that inspiration is not dictation. Ok then why do you treat the Bible as though God dictated it word for word?

Furthermore, two verses does not make the Bible into God's word. I could say this post is God's word, but it doesn't make it true. Especially since there are 3 verses where Paul says he is writing his opinion and not God's opinion. So then the question is WHY do you treat the Bible as God's word then? You're not thinking, just reacting. Why assume a man made book is God's word? Especially a book that has been altered and revised many times. Even King James changed some of the verses because he hated witches so he changed the word "poisoner" to "witch" in the verse "Thou shalt no suffer a witch to live."

Just because I know the dogma of Christianity does not mean I agree with it. You are confused and assume that everyone who understands the Christian Gospel must know it's the truth and must agree with it. Not so. Aren't you brainwashed?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

TruthSeeker wrote:
July 17th, 2021, 11:43 am
@Winston You think God is a nice God? Look at these verses in 2 Thessalonians 1:

6 Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you;

7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,

8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

That's not even God the Father. That's Jesus Christ who is going to take vengeance (revenge) on those who don't know God and obey the gospel. Punished with everlasting destruction? That sounds very brutal.
Yes that's my point. So God is both good and evil right? Everything seems to point to that. Even Eastern religion with its duality implies this. Basic logic says creation is a reflection of the creator. If creation contains both good and bad then the creator must be both good and bad. The logic follows. It's as simple as 2+2=4.

Jesus also said in Revelation 2 that he will kill the children of a disobedient church because their parents sinned. No pastor dares read that verse. It would turn off even Christians.

This means God and Jesus are not perfect right? Saying they are doesn't make it so. The logic doesn't follow.

Have you read the treatise "Age of Reason" by the founding father Thomas Paine? He said in it that if you wanna know God, look at his creation, not at a man made book like the Bible. Because text can say anything and anyone can write anything. That makes sense. If you go by that logical rule and look at the creation, you'd have to assume that God must be both good and bad, because creation contains good and bad in it. Simple logic. Like 2+2=4. How can you not see that?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

Winston, look at these verses:

Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?

Evil can also mean terror in this context.

Deuteronomy 32:39 See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

1 Kings 5:7 And it came to pass, when the king of Israel had read the letter, that he rent his clothes, and said, Am I God, to kill and to make alive, that this man doth send unto me to recover a man of his leprosy? wherefore consider, I pray you, and see how he seeketh a quarrel against me.

So yes, God created us. He has the right to kill (take us out) if He wishes.

That doesn't mean He is evil. He is ultimately good.
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

@Winston What did Job mean in this verse?

Job 13:15 Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him.

So that means Job was ok with God slaying (killing) him? That's ok right? Or you think that's evil?
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Winston wrote:
July 18th, 2021, 1:33 pm
I dont agree that God would only provide one way. If God was that narrow then he would only create one race and one culture and one animal and one color, etc. If he loves diversity in nature then he should love diversity in religion. The logic follows.
There are other spiritual entities. Many people devote worship that rightly belongs to their Creator to errant spiritual entities. Why would God approve of this?
Furthermore, two verses does not make the Bible into God's word. I could say this post is God's word, but it doesn't make it true. Especially since there are 3 verses where Paul says he is writing his opinion and not God's opinion.
You may have an interpretation system that causes this to be a problem. The Bible also tells of David's adultery and Amnon raping his sister. That does not mean we should do the same. I know of one passage where Paul gives his opinion on marriage. What are the other two verses you are thinking of.
Especially a book that has been altered and revised many times. Even King James changed some of the verses because he hated witches so he changed the word "poisoner" to "witch" in the verse "Thou shalt no suffer a witch to live."
Huh? When King James put the committee together, there were two popular translations, the Bishop's Bible, which King James, as a reader of Greek, could see was not a great translation. The Geneva Bible was much better but had anti-monarchical notes that he did not care for. Both translations rendered this verse the same, 'Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live." (Using spelling conventions at the time like 'u' for 'v'.

Look up the word.
https://biblehub.com/hebrew/3784.htm

The Old Testament forbids going to soothsayers, could-readers, necromancers, diviners, etc., also. The people were allowed to consult prophets of the Lord.

And it is unlikely King James had a real direct role on the translation other than putting the translation together and commissioning it.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Winston wrote:
July 18th, 2021, 1:38 pm
Jesus also said in Revelation 2 that he will kill the children of a disobedient church because their parents sinned. No pastor dares read that verse. It would turn off even Christians.
'Children' in some contexts can mean people, followers, students.

Look at Revelation 2:
20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.
21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.
22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.
23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

Even followers of a 'literal' interpretation here would not be as literal as you are. 'That woman Jezebel' apparently had followers in her promotion of sexual immorality and idolatry. We should interpret 'children' in verse 23 with that in mind.

I read this when I was a child. I do not think I have ever seen this passage and thought he was talking about one woman's biological children. That does not seem to fit the context.

People die, and the power of life and death is ultimately in God's hands, anyway. Christ has all authority in heaven and on earth. If He wanted to decree someone dead, it would be within His rights to do so.

You are also a human being and you do not have power to make yourself live another second, much less another 50 or 60 years.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

TruthSeeker wrote:
July 19th, 2021, 4:15 am
Winston, look at these verses:

Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?

Evil can also mean terror in this context.

Deuteronomy 32:39 See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

1 Kings 5:7 And it came to pass, when the king of Israel had read the letter, that he rent his clothes, and said, Am I God, to kill and to make alive, that this man doth send unto me to recover a man of his leprosy? wherefore consider, I pray you, and see how he seeketh a quarrel against me.

So yes, God created us. He has the right to kill (take us out) if He wishes.

That doesn't mean He is evil. He is ultimately good.
Ok then if you believe authority is always right because he is the authority, why don't you move to North Korea or Communist China then? The government there also believes they are infallible and can do no wrong. Do you not see the obvious here? Do you not see anything wrong with that? Aren't you just an authority worshipper? If so why don't you defend everything the US government does too? Because authority is always right, right? Dictators love people who think like you. Perfect slave.

Also isn't it hypocritical for you to believe in democracy if you believe in a cosmic dictator? Christians are hypocrites in this regard. They believe in a cosmic dictator and accept it, but on earth they believe in democracy. Huge contradiction. The great Zen philosopher Alan Watts said this in his lectures too, he noticed this contradiction too.

Aren't you just projecting your need for authority onto God? We all make God in our own image remember?

Question for you: So if God came down and killed your children and raped your wife, he'd still be perfect and justified since he is God and can do whatever he wants? Do you see how totally CIRCULAR that is? You have no instrinsic sense of right or wrong, it's all based on whatever AUTHORITY says. Isn't that an insult to God? That's not true virtue if it has to be based on authority.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

TruthSeeker wrote:
July 19th, 2021, 7:07 am
@Winston What did Job mean in this verse?

Job 13:15 Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him.

So that means Job was ok with God slaying (killing) him? That's ok right? Or you think that's evil?
I would disagree with that. Authority is not always right. Why do you believe authority is always right? Didn't God give you a brain to think? If so, don't you have a right to disagree with God? Assuming all that is true of course. What's the point of free will or having reason, if you aren't allowed to think or have your own opinions? That's the big contradiction in Christianity.

Don't you ever think? There are TONS and TONS of contradictions in Christianity and things that are 100 percent UNJUST and nonsensical. Don't you ever think? All Christians know this but they are afraid to say it or think it. They live in fear. So they dare not question these things or mention these contradictions. You are brainwashed, don't you realize that?

Another big flaw here is that you cannot see the difference between God and the Bible. To you they are one and the same. You can't separate them like a clear thinking person can.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

MrMan wrote:
July 19th, 2021, 8:15 am
Winston wrote:
July 18th, 2021, 1:33 pm
There are other spiritual entities. Many people devote worship that rightly belongs to their Creator to errant spiritual entities. Why would God approve of this?
Furthermore, two verses does not make the Bible into God's word. I could say this post is God's word, but it doesn't make it true. Especially since there are 3 verses where Paul says he is writing his opinion and not God's opinion.
You may have an interpretation system that causes this to be a problem. The Bible also tells of David's adultery and Amnon raping his sister. That does not mean we should do the same. I know of one passage where Paul gives his opinion on marriage. What are the other two verses you are thinking of.
Especially a book that has been altered and revised many times. Even King James changed some of the verses because he hated witches so he changed the word "poisoner" to "witch" in the verse "Thou shalt no suffer a witch to live."
Huh? When King James put the committee together, there were two popular translations, the Bishop's Bible, which King James, as a reader of Greek, could see was not a great translation. The Geneva Bible was much better but had anti-monarchical notes that he did not care for. Both translations rendered this verse the same, 'Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live." (Using spelling conventions at the time like 'u' for 'v'.

Look up the word.
https://biblehub.com/hebrew/3784.htm

The Old Testament forbids going to soothsayers, could-readers, necromancers, diviners, etc., also. The people were allowed to consult prophets of the Lord.

And it is unlikely King James had a real direct role on the translation other than putting the translation together and commissioning it.
Christianity is extremely dualistic. So extreme to the point of fiction. God is 100 percent good, Satan is 100 percent bad. You are either with us or against us. These extremes are dangerous and false too. Reality is never in those extremes. Too bad you can't see that. You are brainwashed but do not realize it.

Why should I believe the God of the OT is the creator of the universe? Gnosticism says that's not true. The God of this world isn't the God of the universe. There are layers and levels of Gods. But in your view, there is only God, Satan, angels, and demons. Very narrow.

The three verses where Paul says he is writing his opinion and not God's opinion, are here:

1 Corinthians 7:12
"But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away."

The Apostle Paul clearly says here in the first sentence "speak I, NOT the Lord". He is saying that these words he is about to say are from him and not God! It’s in plain language. This alone technically invalidates the fundamentalist doctrine that every word in the Bible is uttered directly by God. It alone shatters this absolute claim of theirs. There is no defense. However, there are two more similar verses like it to shatter the doctrine even further beyond what’s necessary. Later on in the same chapter, Paul says:

1 Corinthians 7:25
"Now concerning virgins I have no commandment of the Lord: yet I give my judgment, as one that hath obtained mercy of the Lord to be faithful."

You see here how Paul is saying that he is using his best personal judgment, and that what he's saying is not directly from God? He is telling you that he is writing his own opinion. Then, in Paul’s next letter to the Corinthians, he says:

2 Corinthians 11:17
"That which I speak, I speak it not after the Lord, but as it were foolishly, in this confidence of boasting."

Again, the same claim by Paul.

So you see, it's impossible to claim that every word in the Bible is God's word.

The OT is not consistent. It does not condemn Samuel for contacting the dead using the witch of Endor. There are pro-occult verses in the Bible too. The Bible does not agree on everything. Obviously the elite don't want you to use the occult because THEY want all the power to themselves and want you to be weak and powerless. That's obvious. It's about CONTROL, not truth.

Keep in mind too that the masses are forbidden to use the occult, but the elites are allowed to, that's why many elites are Kabbalists and into Kabbalah. So you see, there are different rules for commoners and elites, as usual.

About the OT verse where "poisoner" was changed to "witch" see here:

https://ladykira1.wordpress.com/2013/11 ... h-to-live/

https://www.haaretz.com/archaeology/tho ... -1.5443682

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

MrMan wrote:
July 19th, 2021, 8:21 am
Winston wrote:

Look at Revelation 2:
20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.
22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.
23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

Even followers of a 'literal' interpretation here would not be as literal as you are. 'That woman Jezebel' apparently had followers in her promotion of sexual immorality and idolatry. We should interpret 'children' in verse 23 with that in mind.

I read this when I was a child. I do not think I have ever seen this passage and thought he was talking about one woman's biological children. That does not seem to fit the context.

People die, and the power of life and death is ultimately in God's hands, anyway. Christ has all authority in heaven and on earth. If He wanted to decree someone dead, it would be within His rights to do so.

You are also a human being and you do not have power to make yourself live another second, much less another 50 or 60 years.
What do you think "children" means then? What does the Bible concordance say? I'm sure there are Christians sites trying to cop out on this as they always do. If you google that verse, you will find them.

So basically if you can't explain or justify something in the Bible, then you ignore it or reinterpret it? lol

So are you saying a harlot's children have the right to be killed and that that is just and right? Just because God or Jesus say so? lol. Authority is always right, right? If so, why don't you move to North Korea where they also believe that authority is infallible? What's the point of free will and reason if you cannot disagree with authority or think for yourself? Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Winston wrote:
July 19th, 2021, 4:04 pm
MrMan wrote:
July 19th, 2021, 8:21 am
Winston wrote:

Look at Revelation 2:

What do you think "children" means then? What does the Bible concordance say? I'm sure there are Christians sites trying to cop out on this as they always do. If you google that verse, you will find them.
Read the context of the quote, above. Also, consider terminology used in the Bible-- 'sons of the prophets' for members of the company of prophets around Elijah or Elisha, 'daughters of Zion' for women in Jerusalem. When Jesus was falsely accused of casting out demons by Beelzebub, Jesus asked, "By whom do your children cast them out?'
So basically if you can't explain or justify something in the Bible, then you ignore it or reinterpret it? lol
No, I interpret it in a reasonable manner. But if it were talking about a false prophetesses literal physical children, so what?
So are you saying a harlot's children have the right to be killed and that that is just and right? Just because God or Jesus say so? lol. Authority is always right, right?
God as Creator has the right to set anyone's life span. People die. That does not make God unjust.

You are missing the message and themes in the passage. 'The woman Jezebel' was teaching people to fornicate and participate in idolatrous practices.
f so, why don't you move to North Korea where they also believe that authority is infallible? What's the point of free will and reason if you cannot disagree with authority or think for yourself? Doesn't that defeat the purpose?
That is a pretty lame argument. Kim Jong-un is not God.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

This black guy says that he found God when he left Christianity. This is the reverse of those New Age to Jesus testimonies above. If Christianity is the true light, then how can that be? Why are people finding the true light elsewhere if there's only one true light? That doesn't make sense.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

A book that @Neo and @MrMan will like. Christian ebook exposing the New Age deception. Free PDF copy below.

https://pilgrim777.files.wordpress.com/ ... tion23.pdf
If you are a person of the new-age reading these lines, I want to tell
you this book finding its way into your computer is not coincidental. I
pray God will give you : ”Ears that hear and eyes that see” Proverbs
20:12

And I pray the Lord will pour His generous Spirit of truth and
revelation unto you so that you may find liberation from the clutches
of the new-age and realize true salvation.

If you are a christian reading these lines, I want you to know I have
also written this book for you. I believe there will be a large number of
people of the new-age coming to Christ. I pray this book will give you
the basic knowledge and understanding of the new-age mind so that
you will be well prepared and equipped to fight the “spiritual warfare”.
Crazy man. lol

Winston
Site Admin

Re: From New Age to Jesus Testimonies

Post by Winston »

Jewish woman explains why she left the New Age movement to turn to Jesus after coming under spiritual attack. @MrMan will love this.

https://youtu.be/q7HWQ1L-mck

Her quote:

"As time went on, I became ill despite all of my practices. I got proctitis, a mild form of colitis and had long term Lyme. My spiritual situation escalated to being viciously attacked by spirits. I would wake often with nightmares in the early hours of the morning feeling hands wrapped around my throat choking me to death. I could see demons in my home and never guessed they would attempt to rape or sodomize me. These types of attacks were terrifying and continued for two years. So you probably can’t name a New Age modality I didn’t try in order to escape the living hell I found myself in.
In a last resort, an offer came to give my heart to Jesus and repent for sins, I didn’t even know I was committing. I took the offer out of fear with little faith. Yet in an instant, I felt a weight lift off of me and experienced a change in my body, resulting in a level of peace I never dreamed possible. I felt the Lord come into my heart. This time unlike my other practices, my peace began to build and I never felt alone again, having found the Lord’s presence."

She has a website now for New Agers who turned to Christ.

https://www.reformednewagersinchrist.org

kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Re: From New Age to Jesus Testimonies

Post by kangarunner »

Winston wrote:
June 12th, 2023, 10:18 pm
Jewish woman explains why she left the New Age movement to turn to Jesus after coming under spiritual attack. @MrMan will love this.

https://youtu.be/q7HWQ1L-mck
That looks like some kind of quasi far-right wing hit piece or fear-mongering psy-op. Most Jews vote Democrat....hopefully we'll get the 2024 election Democrat controlled (President, House, and Senate...the triune complex of Democrat power).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.