Christianity, Judaism & Islam statue

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Renata
Experienced Poster

Christianity, Judaism & Islam statue

Post by Renata »

Interesting statue I stumbled across in Hatay, Antakya, Turkey, that's some 4 hrs drive from the Syrian border. The first time I noticed it, it was covered by a blue canvas, now it's uncovered.

What do you all make of it, world peace or wishful thinking? It's kind of majestic isn't it? It's located on a dusty roundabout, surrounded by shops & traffic though. It seems out of place.

- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
bladed11
Freshman Poster

Post by bladed11 »

Interesting.. The right hand path and the left hand path. The religions are the left hand path in this picture, which is also the path to damnation. The right hand path reminds me of "The meek shall inherit the Earth." The meek have no religion. The goats on the left and the sheep on the right. Symbolic, religious people are the tares in our current century because they are all into idolatry and that's the greatest sin.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

bladed, look at where the palms and thumb are. The religions are on the right hand.
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

AbcDavid yes the religions are on the right hand & the world is on the left. I still haven't found any info related to this statue, everyone in the city says it's been there forever & opinions differ about it's significance.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Thanks Renata for bringing this back up.
Time to Hide!