Why is Wikipedia so anti-conspiracy & pro-establishment?

Discuss conspiracies, mysteries and paranormal phenomena.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why is Wikipedia so anti-conspiracy & pro-establishment?

Post by Winston »

flowerthief00 wrote:
May 7th, 2020, 12:26 am
Have you ever contributed to Wikipedia? There is nothing stopping you from trying. If what you write gets re-edited by someone else and a back-and-forth discussion ensues with other contributors in the talk section, you may be asked to provide facts and sources for those facts. You'll then have to do much better than "The JFK assassination conspiracy is PROVEN guys don't you know?!"

I think you should try it. At the least you'll have an interesting story to tell the rest of us, whatever happens.

No source is free from bias because all that is written is written by humans who have biases. But a free encyclopedia that anybody can edit (and back up their reasons by means of discussion) might be as close to unbiased as is possible. Personally I've never had a problem with Wikipedia.
Yes ive edited Wikipedia. Haven't you? If youre nor anti-conspiracy they remove your edit. Once they do the edit button no longer appears. Its as if they block you. There seems to be moderators there who have the power to block you or censor you. Its weird. Try it and you will see what i mean.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Post by Will N. Dowd »

I edited a few articles about incidents where people have died like bombings, shootings, accidents etc.
They usually say something like "20 people died, including 5 women and 3 children".
I edited it to say: "20 people died, "including 12 men" or "12 men, 5 women and 3 children".
Can you guess what happened? Yes, it always reverts back to women first, children 2nd and no mention of men.
They are part of the NWO that want to depopulate, remove the family, and where women are first, children 2nd, pets 3rd, and men are last.
Boys become worthless once they become men.
Try it and see.
traveller
Junior Poster

Post by traveller »

Speaking of Wikipedia, I think you guys should check this out. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:S ... of_Qwertgb
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

Winston wrote:
May 7th, 2020, 3:13 am
Yes ive edited Wikipedia. Haven't you? If youre nor anti-conspiracy they remove your edit. Once they do the edit button no longer appears. Its as if they block you. There seems to be moderators there who have the power to block you or censor you. Its weird. Try it and you will see what i mean.
It has been a long time since I did and I'm sure whatever I wrote got edited over by someone else. I don't mind as long as the overall quality was improved.

We can't evaluate your case without more details like what was written by you, what was written after you, what discussion took place in the Talk section, but one thing I know about Wikipedia (which I'm not saying necessarily applies to you) is that they are distrustful of those who make driveby edits of a single topic because such people are suspected of having an agenda. If you contribute to many different kinds of articles and build up a reputation for being impartial they are more likely to see you as a serious editor.

Did you look at this?
Wikipedia: What to do if you are blocked
Appealing_a_block#Common_questions
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Some Wikipedia articles about the NWO and plot for world government. What do you think? Is it neutral or biased?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_World ... cy_theory)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism ... balization

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_stat ... ted_States

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_go ... onspiracy)

The last one includes some quotes about the NWO plot.
Quotations

Wikiquote has quotations related to: Shadow government (conspiracy)

"The real menace of our Republic is the invisible government, which like a giant octopus sprawls its slimy legs over our cities, states and nation."—John Hylan, Mayor of New York City, 1922

"Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people."—From the Platform of President Theodore Roosevelt's Progressive ("Bull Moose") Party.[10]

"The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country. We are governed, our minds are molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of."—Edward Bernays, the "father of public relations", writing in his influential 1928 book Propaganda. [11]

“But quite frankly there is an outside source which we refer to as the 'deep state' or the 'shadow government'. There is a lot of influence by people which are actually more powerful than our government itself, our president,”. "— Ron Paul, former U.S. Representative, November 2016 (following Donald Trump presidential election win).[12]
Wikipedia's criticism of the NWO conspiracy theory.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_World ... #Criticism
Criticism

Skeptics of New World Order conspiracy theories accuse its proponents of indulging in the furtive fallacy, a belief that significant facts of history are necessarily sinister; conspiracism, a world view that centrally places conspiracy theories in the unfolding of history, rather than social and economic forces; and fusion paranoia, a promiscuous absorption of fears from any source whatsoever.[6]

Domhoff, a research professor in psychology and sociology who studies theories of power, wrote in 2005 an essay entitled There Are No Conspiracies. He says that for this theory to be true it required several "wealthy and highly educated people" to do things that don't "fit with what we know about power structures". Claims that this will happen goes back decades and have always been proved wrong.

Partridge, a contributing editor to the global affairs magazine Diplomatic Courier, wrote a 2008 article entitled One World Government: Conspiracy Theory or Inevitable Future? He says that if anything nationalism, which is the opposite of a global government, is rising. He also says that attempts at creating global governments or global agreements "have been categorical failures" and where "supranational governance exist they are noted for their bureaucracy and inefficiency."

Although some cultural critics see superconspiracy theories about a New World Order as "postmodern metanarratives" that may be politically empowering, a way of giving ordinary people a narrative structure with which to question what they see around them,[94] skeptics argue that conspiracism leads people into cynicism, convoluted thinking, and a tendency to feel it is hopeless even as they denounce the alleged conspirators.[95]

Alexander Zaitchik from the Southern Poverty Law Center wrote a report titled "'Patriot' Paranoia: A Look at the Top Ten Conspiracy Theories", in which he personally condemns such conspiracies as an effort of the radical right to undermine society.[96]

Concerned that the improvisational millennialism of most conspiracy theories about a New World Order might motivate lone wolves to engage in leaderless resistance leading to domestic terrorist incidents like the Oklahoma City bombing,[97] Barkun writes that "the danger lies less in such beliefs themselves ... than in the behavior they might stimulate or justify" and warns "should they believe that the prophesied evil day had in fact arrived, their behavior would become far more difficult to predict."

Warning of the threat to American democracy posed by right-wing populist movements led by demagogues who mobilize support for mob rule or even a fascist revolution by exploiting the fear of conspiracies, Berlet writes that "Right-wing populist movements can cause serious damage to a society because they often popularize xenophobia, authoritarianism, scapegoating, and conspiracism. This can lure mainstream politicians to adopt these themes to attract voters, legitimize acts of discrimination (or even violence), and open the door for revolutionary right-wing populist movements, such as fascism, to recruit from the reformist populist movements."

Hughes, a professor of religion, warns that no religious idea has greater potential for shaping global politics in profoundly negative ways than "the new world order". He writes in a February 2011 article entitled Revelation, Revolutions, and the Tyrannical New World Order that "the crucial piece of this puzzle is the identity of the Antichrist, the tyrannical figure who both leads and inspires the new world order". This has in turn been the Soviet Union and the Arab world. He says that inspires believers to "welcome war with the Islamic world" and opens the door to nuclear holocaust."

Criticisms of New World Order conspiracy theorists also come from within their own community. Despite believing themselves to be "freedom fighters", many right-wing populist conspiracy theorists hold views that are incompatible with their professed libertarianism, such as dominionism, white supremacism, and even eliminationism.[15][98] This paradox has led Icke, who argues that Christian Patriots are the only Americans who understand the truth about the New World Order (which he believes is controlled by a race of reptilians known as the "Babylonian Brotherhood"), to reportedly tell a Christian Patriot group, "I don't know which I dislike more, the world controlled by the Brotherhood, or the one you want to replace it with."
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
josephty2
Freshman Poster

Post by josephty2 »

What they call Psuedoscience feels like germs to some/ those people.
Then again, some people go all the way (cognitive dissonance/fallacy of incomplete evidence).

Eat dates.

The problem is iphones.