Suicidal man turns his life around by moving to the Philippines!

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
Winston
Site Admin

Suicidal man turns his life around by moving to the Philippines!

Post by Winston »

This man was about to commit suicide, but turned his life around by moving to the Philippines!

Why you should move to the Philippines.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Suicidal man turns his life around by moving to the Philippines!

Post by Winston »

More testimonials of men who moved to the Philippines on his channel. I ought to submit mine too.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow even this humungus man does well in the Philippines! lol

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow look at the interesting freethinking expats you can meet in the Philippines. He's being interviewed by the guy above. This old timer has been expatting abroad since the 1960s and has a ton of stories to tell. This is the kind of guy you could talk to for hours. lol

He met Lee Harvey Oswald too. Wow.

More videos from his channel about expats in the Philippines.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwVVQk ... Pgg/videos

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

If you are not so young anymore and if you have some money to retire, you are fairly good off if you leave such countries like USA for always.

Other countries worldwide offer you a more friendly life-style, not only by people, but also by weather, pricing of daily goods and services, etc.

However never make the mistake to bring all your money over there - ALWAYS keep an escape route open to you, be ready to leave quickly in case of political or otherwise unexpected trouble.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

There are a load of places where to retire, I read about a couple who were paying 10000 DOLLARS on property tax in Houston - so they f***ed off to Ecuador and I don't blame them!

A new place and a new culture does the trick and can turn your mindset, you have to allow personal change, I think learning the language and allowing yourself to adapt is important, if you want to go to some US-lite expat bubble like Boquete in Panama where there are loads of Americans and Canadians - I mean, it's OK if that's what you want but if you're hanging around with whinging expats with colonial mindsets - that won't help with depression (or whatever...) that wouldn't have helped me.

Dating is part of the whole equation - it's good you can go to the Philippines and get dates but you need to be in the right mindset anyway and confront cultural differences, culture shock - those 'I hate (wherever) days' that you get in the beginning - you are going to be the same person when you left wherever you are from - you will change gradually into a new person - simple as that - be prepared for that change and embrace it. I am a far better person than the one who left the UK. I didn't spend all my time at the bar drinking with whinging expats because - well, its better being back home and miserable and cold and wet but it isn't doing you much good long term.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

If any of you are an interesting expat and want to be interviewed on Mark's channel above, write him here: markfthornton@yahoo.com . His channel has about 22,000 subscribers, so your interview would get a lot of publicity and if you have a website it would get a lot of publicity too.

chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Notice that rarely you see expat female . Mostly older men with some money. Women is probably the biggest reason why they went overseas.
I mean if Sweden was poorer and plenty of available women..loads of guys will go there too .
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

chanta76 wrote:
February 11th, 2021, 8:23 am
Notice that rarely you see expat female . Mostly older men with some money. Women is probably the biggest reason why they went overseas.
I mean if Sweden was poorer and plenty of available women..loads of guys will go there too .
There are plenty of female expats, not as many as men but I would say it is 70/30 - men are in the majority but female expats aren't uncommon.

And there are many reasons why people expat overseas, women wouldn't be the main reason. :roll:
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

yick wrote:
February 26th, 2021, 9:53 pm
chanta76 wrote:
There are plenty of female expats, not as many as men but I would say it is 70/30 - men are in the majority but female expats aren't uncommon.
And there are many reasons why people expat overseas, women wouldn't be the main reason. :roll:
I am not sure about female expats, I think it depends about which country we are talking, FE Asia (for example Japan, Korea) and SE Asia (for example Thailand, Malaysia) are not known to me welcoming single female expats regardless if those Asian countries are rich or poor.

These few female expats I met so far are usually married, from Europe and in most cases together with a husband from their own native countries.

For many single men loneliness - often after a divorce - might be a reason to relocate. However I also have to say, that many of them fail.

There are also other reasons why men leave and prefer to become expats - one expat told me his native country Norway is a freezing horror of darkness during wintertime. Another one from Danmark told me his wife died a few years ago and he is now retired and he really wants to enjoy this last part of his life as a pensioner and decided to travel but he does not consider to date a foreign woman in future, a Frenchman (divorced, lost a lot of money but was not really bankrupt) got a good employment contract from an European company for its branch office in Thailand, the best way he told me to get away and over everything ....and so on. I also met some couples, but single female expats? Very few ...
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Yohan wrote:
February 27th, 2021, 5:31 am
yick wrote:
February 26th, 2021, 9:53 pm
chanta76 wrote:
I am not sure about female expats, I think it depends about which country we are talking, FE Asia (for example Japan, Korea) and SE Asia (for example Thailand, Malaysia) are not known to me welcoming single female expats regardless if those Asian countries are rich or poor.

These few female expats I met so far are usually married, from Europe and in most cases together with a husband from their own native countries.

For many single men loneliness - often after a divorce - might be a reason to relocate. However I also have to say, that many of them fail.

There are also other reasons why men leave and prefer to become expats - one expat told me his native country Norway is a freezing horror of darkness during wintertime. Another one from Danmark told me his wife died a few years ago and he is now retired and he really wants to enjoy this last part of his life as a pensioner and decided to travel but he does not consider to date a foreign woman in future, a Frenchman (divorced, lost a lot of money but was not really bankrupt) got a good employment contract from an European company for its branch office in Thailand, the best way he told me to get away and over everything ....and so on. I also met some couples, but single female expats? Very few ...
I suppose it depends on the job also, I am in teaching/education and plenty of my colleagues are women. Here in China it is about 70/30 men to women and South Korea it was about 60/40 men to women - men were the majority but women were hardly a rarity. I have met and befriended women from all over the English speaking world - the women are a bit different than the women back home in a multitude of ways but they're definitely here.

Agree about weather being a big factor for any northern European. The climate/weather in the UK is awful and I don't miss it for one minute and would never go back to it, it is such a big factor on well-being that I would never ever subject myself to that again. I can understand why a OAP would live in Thailand on his pension than the UK just for the weather and food alone, never mind the cost of living.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Female expats usually go for countries like Italy, France or Bali. Why? What's special about Bali? Does it cater to western women? Does it provide sex and spirituality like portrayed in the movie "Eat Love Pray" starring Julia Roberts? lol. They also like India too if they're New Age or hippie women, like the kind that joined the Osho/Rajneesh cult.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow check out mark and his filipina wife below. He's the man behind the channel above. She seems so sincere and loyal and down to earth and caring and kind. Totally different from the girls in Angeles city who are the total opposite. Why can't we find girls like that? If he can, why can't we too?

https://youtu.be/wX097lO4lY0

What you think @publicduende?

In contrast, every girl in Angeles City just wants quick cash and short term profit in exchange for 1 hour of lousy sex. They don't even have a good attitude anymore and are not even likable anymore and won't even stay long time anymore. That sucks. I could enjoy it if the girls were likable and had good vibes. But they don't. They no longer have likability or good vibes, even if they are sexy. That turns me off and I can't perform around ghetto girls with a ghetto vibe and are unlikable. They aren't even refined or lady like, like the p4p girls in Thailand and Cambodia are, which turn me on far more. Or maybe I'm just getting old. I hope not.

MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Winston wrote:
July 8th, 2023, 2:52 pm
Totally different from the girls in Angeles city who are the total opposite. Why can't we find girls like that? If he can, why can't we too?
It's because you're in Angeles, of all places. Whore Capitol of the Philippines. :lol:

And it's not your age... that dude in the video looks like he is at least ten years older than you. It's location, not age, nor bad luck... wholesome girls of a higher quality are found deeper in the province. Not in a place full of poreners, bars, prostitutes and strippers. There you'll find haggard types, tired of it all, just trying to make ends meet. Romance is the last thing on their mind.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
July 8th, 2023, 10:06 pm
Winston wrote:
July 8th, 2023, 2:52 pm
Totally different from the girls in Angeles city who are the total opposite. Why can't we find girls like that? If he can, why can't we too?
It's because you're in Angeles, of all places. Whore Capitol of the Philippines. :lol:

And it's not your age... that dude in the video looks like he is at least ten years older than you. It's location, not age, nor bad luck... wholesome girls of a higher quality are found deeper in the province. Not in a place full of poreners, bars, prostitutes and strippers. There you'll find haggard types, tired of it all, just trying to make ends meet. Romance is the last thing on their mind.
It's not ony about age and location, it's also what you consider to do in future - do you want to settle down in Philippines for long-term and do you have the money to do so?

Winston is there merely for short-time, also had a chance, girlfriend with a child from him but decided to leave her....

@Winston - What is really your intention? What are you planning for your future? All what I have seen so far is that you always return to USA for a living.
You have been in Russia, China (and not Taiwan), Thailand and not only Philippines, What are you really looking for? What kind of woman do you expect to meet?