Just back from Cebu short trip report...

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
redfeather
Freshman Poster

Just back from Cebu short trip report...

Post by redfeather »

Just back from Cebu report.
I flew from SFO to TPE to Cebu on EVA Airlines, and I flew my gf from Pagadian up to meet me in Cebu on Cebu Pacific airlines. We met in Cebu and stayed for three days to visit with her cousin and sister, and we went to SM Mall and Seaside SM Mall. Then we took the Oceanjet ferry boat from Cebu Pier 1 to Tagbilaran and we spent five days at Alona Beach. We stayed in South Beach Hotel which is right on the Ocean with some beautiful views. Here is the link: http://www.boholsouthbeach.com/. We went on an all day country tour to see the Chocalate Hills, and the Mahogany Forest, and had lunch on a river cruise boat, and then we went to 2nd oldest Catholic Church and the Machtan Shrine which is where Magellan Landed when he discovered the Philippines. We also went snorkeling and swimming where you can see hundreds of tropical fish and sea turtles.
We found this awesome lunch and dinner buffet at Henaan Resort https://www.henann.com/bohol/henannalonabeach/, so we would eat lunch and dinner at their buffet which was awesome. Their buffet had just about anything you could want to eat and it was around $8 per person. The buffet was at the Sea Breeze Café, so be sure to check that out if you go to Bohol. We traveled back on the Oceanjet ferry to Cebu Pier 1 to Cebu, and we spent three more days in Cebu. My gf wanted to get her hair trimmed at the SM Mall, so while she was in the salon I was out walking around checking out the sights. I had two Russian women approach me looking for a bar to party at. I talked to them for about five minutes and learned that one of them was married and the other one single, and IMO these Russian women were not relationship/marriage material. So, they were both away from home in the Philippines and looking to party…if I were you I would avoid these kinds of women.
I dated Russian women, Ukraine women, Mexico women, and lastly my Filipina girlfriend. From my boots on the ground observation I believe that Filipina women, or a good Filipina woman is a better fit for an American guy than the Eastern European women. When I say a good Filipina I am talking about the women that live out in the province which is considered country in the Philippines. I was advised by my Army friends to stay away from Filipina women from the northern part of the Philippines like Manila, Luzon, Angeles, etc. My Army buddies told me to look in the southern Philippines like Leyte, Samar, Mindanao, etc. My gf is from the province in Mindanao and she still lives at home with her parents and her brother and sisters. So, that is my short trip report and I would tell you to get on a plane and go check out the Philippines first because you will not be disappointed.
Retired Army Colonel (Combat Arms)

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

pitbull
Freshman Poster

Re: Just back from Cebu short trip report...

Post by pitbull »

Pictures/videos or it didn't happen
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Globally finding a good women is getting harder and harder. With incel movement mgtow growing..you have more men going to the same places to find a decent women. I think each year there are less and less.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

redfeather wrote:
April 6th, 2019, 9:44 am
Just back from Cebu report.
I flew from SFO to TPE to Cebu on EVA Airlines, and I flew my gf from Pagadian up to meet me in Cebu on Cebu Pacific airlines. We met in Cebu and stayed for three days to visit with her cousin and sister, and we went to SM Mall and Seaside SM Mall. Then we took the Oceanjet ferry boat from Cebu Pier 1 to Tagbilaran and we spent five days at Alona Beach. We stayed in South Beach Hotel which is right on the Ocean with some beautiful views. Here is the link: http://www.boholsouthbeach.com/. We went on an all day country tour to see the Chocalate Hills, and the Mahogany Forest, and had lunch on a river cruise boat, and then we went to 2nd oldest Catholic Church and the Machtan Shrine which is where Magellan Landed when he discovered the Philippines. We also went snorkeling and swimming where you can see hundreds of tropical fish and sea turtles.
We found this awesome lunch and dinner buffet at Henaan Resort https://www.henann.com/bohol/henannalonabeach/, so we would eat lunch and dinner at their buffet which was awesome. Their buffet had just about anything you could want to eat and it was around $8 per person. The buffet was at the Sea Breeze Café, so be sure to check that out if you go to Bohol. We traveled back on the Oceanjet ferry to Cebu Pier 1 to Cebu, and we spent three more days in Cebu. My gf wanted to get her hair trimmed at the SM Mall, so while she was in the salon I was out walking around checking out the sights. I had two Russian women approach me looking for a bar to party at. I talked to them for about five minutes and learned that one of them was married and the other one single, and IMO these Russian women were not relationship/marriage material. So, they were both away from home in the Philippines and looking to party…if I were you I would avoid these kinds of women.
I dated Russian women, Ukraine women, Mexico women, and lastly my Filipina girlfriend. From my boots on the ground observation I believe that Filipina women, or a good Filipina woman is a better fit for an American guy than the Eastern European women. When I say a good Filipina I am talking about the women that live out in the province which is considered country in the Philippines. I was advised by my Army friends to stay away from Filipina women from the northern part of the Philippines like Manila, Luzon, Angeles, etc. My Army buddies told me to look in the southern Philippines like Leyte, Samar, Mindanao, etc. My gf is from the province in Mindanao and she still lives at home with her parents and her brother and sisters. So, that is my short trip report and I would tell you to get on a plane and go check out the Philippines first because you will not be disappointed.
Quite frankly and unfortunately, your US Army friends were correct. Elapsing 10 years, I'm so glad that things outside of the "Westernized/Americanized" zones of the Philippines stayed there stayed the same and that there's still hope for most of the Visayas and Mindinao. I am thinking of returning there after I get my c0ck wet in modern-day Siam for the 3rd time in 12 years. I plan to return there then the Philippines within the next 2 years ago after I tackle EE for the first time. I haven't been to the Philippines since '07. I probably should touch down in Vietnam too and give that a whirl.

Not all American men cannot handle an Eastern European woman (double negative much? No se). Why in the hodge do a lot of American men say that?
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

I'd like to paraphrase to my last posted response: I think it's the feeble North American men that clash culturally with Eastern European women. From all the research I've done, those EE women seem to be less pretentious than their N. American counterpart women. In my book, that's golden.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

chanta76 wrote:
April 29th, 2019, 8:34 pm
With incel movement mgtow growing.....
What makes you think MGTOW is even remotely connected with incel?

TFM = Incel movement

MGTOW = Men who reject marriage, cohabitation, having children, and other legal snags with women so they can live free, affluent, and fulfilled. There is a small catagory of MGTOW called "MGTOW Monks" who are voluntarily celibate, but they represent but a sliver. Usually, those are guys who have already been married before and want no part of women ever again.

Ironically, when I first became MGTOW back in the 2004 or 2005 timeframe, my success with women exploded precisely because I did not care about them anymore. I did not want relationships, I did not care about their personal opinions, I did not care about anything if they were not interested in sex or whatever I was after. I dropped them at the first sign they were not open to my agenda, and it paid HUGE dividends. I am still that way today.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

chanta76 wrote:
April 29th, 2019, 8:34 pm
With incel movement mgtow growing.....
What makes you think MGTOW is even remotely connected with incel?

TFM = Incel movement

MGTOW = Men who reject marriage, cohabitation, having children, and other legal snags with women so they can live free, affluent, and fulfilled. There is a small catagory of MGTOW called "MGTOW Monks" who are voluntarily celibate, but they represent but a sliver. Usually, those are guys who have already been married before and want no part of women ever again.

Ironically, when I first became MGTOW back in the 2004 or 2005 timeframe, my success with women exploded precisely because I did not care about them anymore. I did not want relationships, I did not care about their personal opinions, I did not care about anything if they were not interested in sex or whatever I was after. I dropped them at the first sign they were not open to my agenda, and it paid HUGE dividends. I am still that way today.