Cuba Trip Report

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
grubert
Freshman Poster

Cuba Trip Report

Post by grubert »

The fascinating thing about Cuba is its people, their indestructible joie de vivre and optimism, the slow speed of their watches, which within a few days will provide you yourself with inner calmness and on top of this, the beauty of the Cuban landscape.

The bottom line of my last trip to Havana and Varadero: after all these years Cuba’s been a pleasant surprise. The people there are always in a good mood and very likable, that’s if you change your attitude a little and get used to them. Put yourself in their position and you’ll pardon the odd small swindle they now and again try on. They need to get at the Pesos required to survive – this always with a joke, a smile and a wink of the eye.

Havana is a fantastic place. This wonderful town simply has to be loved! If you stop in a casa somewhere in the old part of town you will get to know and appreciate the Cuban way of life, in a magical sort of way you will feel like you belong to it. The districts of Habana Vieja, Centro and Vedado are crying out to be explored, the famous Malecón and the Prado too, Havana’s nicest boulevard at the Capitolio.

Havana’s nicest town beaches, the Playas del Este, can be reached quickly with the tourist bus for five Pesos (round trip), these are inviting places for a day out at the Caribbean sea.

Havana is everything at the same time: new, old, exciting, melancholic, tears of sadness, cries of joy, spirited, full of energy and at the same time like sleeping beauty not yet having been kissed awake. It’s NOT possible that this list is complete!!! You may have something to suggest if you visit this dream-town... whereby I wish you lots of fun.

Oh yes, due to all the emotion and enthusiasm of the islanders joie de vivre and heartiness I almost forgot the most important thing. The chicas have their own charm; they’re thoroughbred women who have to be handled. They’ll eat out of our hand anyway and will give us that “genuine” “girlfriend feeling”. Those who always keep in the back of their mind that it’s still only business won’t be disappointed.

If you like Latinas (or white girls) you’ll find something to your taste quickly in Havana meaning swift happiness. Even if you like black girls there’s still enough to choose from.

On this note, once again have fun on your next trip to the Isla Grande and
“Hastaluego!!!”

grubert
Freshman Poster

Re: Cuba

Post by grubert »

Extract from my diary

Condor allows 25kg luggage if you fly premium economy class, I paid 80 Euros for an extra five kilos – just one way because I was hoping I’d have less luggage on the return journey. My case was full to the brim and weighed 31 Kilos, my hand baggage weighed quite a bit too – a bit to drag around.

The flight dragged on in the 767, couldn’t really sleep either, oh well, better than the normal economy; but not that much more room really. Apart from that I had some prat from the back of the woods sitting behind me, he seemed to think he should keep on gobbing it off just because I reclined my seat, he must have escaped from somewhere. The stewardess put him right but he still kept on at me. In the end I had to sort things out and told him where to get off; peace at last. There are some prats about, aren’t there!

The service and food was good, the flight lasted just under 11 hours, not the fastest of planes.

After reading terrible stories about the Cuban customs, things turned out ok really, which was a pleasant surprise; I had read about only one camera being allowed. Questions about my health insurance, some talk about long discussions about presents, there was none of any of this at all. The very nice girl at passport control only wanted to know whether I had been to Africa recently (because of Ebola), whether I only had the one passport and whether I would like it stamped, that was it. They didn’t ask about health insurance. Even when my cases were x-rayed they weren’t bothered about my cams (I had three with me, a notebook and two external hard drives). The only thing they wanted to see was my metal safe, they hadn’t seen one before. A quick look in my hand baggage, that was it; if it hadn’t been for the safe they wouldn’t even have opened it.

Things went quite swiftly. I was one of the first to collect my luggage down at the belts but things do take quite a while at this point. The funny thing was, a different flight was dealt with before ours, our stuff arrived on both belts (there are only two).

Finally I got my case and off I hurry past customs, nobody wanted to know anything or stopped me. Once outside I turn left towards the departures lounge where the two exchange booths are. The exchange rate is rubbish, I get 118 CUC (Peso Convertible) for 100 Euros, that’s all I exchange.

I quickly agree on a price (25 CUC) for the 20 minute trip to Vedado where I had already booked a hotel room online. At first the driver had to search, he had wanted to let me out at the first address but I had the feeling this was the wrong place – it was – stay alert. I didn’t want to be stood in the middle of Havana on a dark night with all my clobber. For this reason I waited with the fee for the taxi and took a look around; after sorting things out we find the right place.

Cuba Photos (some photos)

grubert
Freshman Poster

Post by grubert »

Extract from my Diary

I’m slowly getting used to things, I liked Havana right from the very beginning. Breakfast in the casa then a stroll down to Cohiba to get on the internet. I may go down there again tomorrow, then the four day ticket (25) will expire and I’ll try the Presidente. It costs a little more if online for longer but it’s just round the corner.

Oh yes, I visited the Tropicana yesterday, most expensive seat for 95, booked in Melia Cohiba. Photo and Video cams cost extra (5+15). The seat at the front isn’t all that optimal but not bad. I take loads of pics and film. The show is sensational. Very old taxi driver, an illegal one driving a complete wreck, everything stinks of diesel. He had never taken anyone there himself in the past and he actually asked me what it would cost and in the end we agreed upon five; he was a nice bloke and on the way we both had to confirm that I really did want to go to the Tropicana. The price is almost too cheap; I gave him six because I happen to have a couple of three Peso notes.

The taxi for the return journey is a “new” yellow one, he wants 15, I manage to haggle down to 12. I don’t want to experiment too much with me having all my cams with me; it’s midnight. This bloke drives like an idiot and is a prat. My experience, the older the car and driver, the more honest and modest.

As from next week I need a new casa, I still have a few days but I don’t want to leave things to the very last moment. I catch a taxi to the Centro, but the tip in the travel guide doesn’t work. I’m told to come back and ask one day before I need the room whether it is available, what! So I end up with no room and have to pay some extortionate price for a dump, no way!

The official signs with the indication that it’s a casa particular can’t be overseen, so I inquire on my own accord and take a look at a few. All dumps, no windows, some are even tiny. In the end I manage to get hold of some woman who speaks English; I explain to her exactly what I am looking for. The room has to be large and bright. After explaining someone accompanied me to an address close by, to a place I would never have found on my own. On ringing the bell a very old woman appears and unwinds a piece of string from a plastic bottle and in doing so pulls up a basket containing a key.

The room is right at the top of the building, narrow steep stairs, I think it was on the fourth floor. Such as all apartments in Centro it is old but it’s quite nice, especially the numerous old lamella windows providing a view over the things that make this town, old houses and roofs, lovely, I like it straight away. We come to agreement for the following week; I want to start with eight days. The apartment costs 50 and has two bedrooms; I prefer somewhere too big rather than too small and, it’s at the very top, is bright enough, not bad at all. It also has a few small balconies. I make a deposit of 50 and leave a copy of my passport. I trust the old woman straight away.

Yes, I liked Havana straight away but here, right in the middle of things, there where the hustle and bustle is but in another way quite peaceful, probably because there are hardly any cars. One can walk undisturbed right down the middle of the street, much nicer than in “sterile” Vedado. Nothing against my apartment here, it’s great, but now I know, for me personally, the better choice is Centro or maybe Vieja. I’m looking forward to the casa.

I take a walk back down to the Capitolio, which is close by and from there along the wide road (“Paseo de Marti” better known as “Prado”) almost to the Malecón. The street is a little like a “Rambla” such as in Barcelona or Santa Cruz de Tenerife: The roads to the left and right are separated by a very wide pedestrian area with trees, nice atmosphere. Artists display their stuff, myself, I’m not much of a friend of dust collectors to hang on the wall, I’d have to select carefully. Nevertheless, I immediately find 5 to 10 smaller and larger oil paintings I would have taken with me. Good work, not crap (well, apart from the typical Cuba stuff such as “Che” and “Cigars”), they look nice. I think I will buy something here after all.

I stroll along casually, no stress etc. and sum things up for myself... Women? Haven’t really seen what I like for two or three days/nights now. It’s like this, light brown Latinas and white chicks aren’t really to my taste; I like black or at least dark brown. Apart from that, the figure is very important, I like the 40kg class, you know that anyway; I hate fat legs and arses. However, it’s true, only 10% of the Cuban population is black; most of these live out towards the east meaning in the Santiago area. I spotted one or the other beauty over the past few days but the trouble is that they have already been taken or weren’t in grabbing distance. By no means do I want to shag ANY OLD tart, that’s not the reason for travelling such a distance, don’t do that elsewhere either.

Then I realise I’ve almost reached the taxis at the end of the alley, also more girls sitting on stone benches obviously giving me a smile. Then I spot her, petite, long hair, very young, lovely body but the important thing, she looks at me with a beam on her face... yes, that’s Cuba how I imagine it to be. First of all I simply walk past her because she’s sitting with some young bloke, probably her boyfriend. I think quickly and double back because she had made obvious advances towards me. The bloke clears off as I approach her. She’s 21 years of age and comes from Santiago; unfortunately she’s not that dark, more mulatto or Latino, but the rest is perfect.

She even speaks English, well, more than I speak Spanish; at least we can understand each other. My experience is that normally I speak English and the person I’m speaking to speaks Spanish, however, the important bits are understood, can be quite amusing at times.

I ask her whether she blows, she immediately answers that she does and laughs. How were things recently down the Malecón during the night, the young good looking tart screamed “No” in my face when I asked her; don’t know what these women want... work without getting their hands dirty or money for nothing? What a bitch, left her standing. Or the other night down the Rampa, the one who I asked her her name, she answered by writing “80” on her smart phone, do I need that? Do I f**k.

I told her we could go to my casa and asked her how much she wanted for an hour, “40”, she answered, she’s worth it, I don’t haggle. I have to walk in front of her at a slight distance (because of all the police hanging about). Once in the taxi she give me a long and wet kiss on the mouth, I have the feeling she can and will.

Once back at the casa I register her, I knock on the landlady’s door whilst unlocking mine. She is nice and as usual she gets the girls ID, a minute later she returns, she’s registered her.

She’s not disappointing, exactly the opposite. She has a shaved fanny but a bit bristly. I give her one of my chuck-away shavers and she smoothes it off. Whilst she’s doing this I play around a bit with her cunt, she a long/large labia and clit, super. I tell her, in fact I compliment her a few times; women like that, especially here.

Once in bed we kiss and cuddle, I give her cunt a quick lick, I realise she is clean. Then I let her give me a blow job, bull’s-eye. She really can blow, long and wet, with and without the use of her hand, she massages my nuts, gives them a lick too, sucks them individually into her mouth, something I don’t like at all. I pull her up and let her sit on my dick, no, she wants a condom. She’s not interested in the fact that I have recently had a test. She’s scared of getting pregnant. “Leche la Boca” (milk in the mouth) I say, something I had learned in the Dominican Republic, she understands and laughs. She sits up and pushes it in. Then it’s the good old in and out bit for a few minutes in a couple or three different positions; I’m too loaded for more. I keep to the agreement and as usual position myself with my left hand on her backside fingering her cunt; with my right I wank into her gob. She’s obedient and licks and sucks, she takes the whole portion. Half of it runs out of her mouth onto the sheet. After spitting half of my babies into the bog (why are women always so unromantic) she returns with bog paper to get rid of the rest.

Yep, I could get used to her. I tell her briefly about my plans; she wants to come along with me to Varadero, to the other casas too. This one here had impressed her, maybe that’s why she wants to tag along. Well, she was really with it earlier in the taxi, “GFE” (Girlfriend Experience). I send her away with 40 and told her to return at nine in the evening, but on time so we can go to the “Waoo” for a bite to eat, after that to a night club or similar.

Well, I’m expectant. By the way, I haggled the price for an LT (long time = all night) down from 60 to 50. I feel “hooked”... how nice.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Thanks for your excellent report! welcome to the forum.

I was gonna ask where you flew 11 hours from, until I saw
"Sind sie mind. 18 jahre"
"Major gruber reiseberichte"

Lol
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
grubert
Freshman Poster

Post by grubert »

Tx Droid an yes, from FRA ;)
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Welcome to HA, Major.

Really nice description of Cuba. Even the words were visual.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Re: Cuba Trip Report

Post by Falcon »

So wonderful! No wonder the US government prohibits us all from going there! :P