Going to Korea at the end of April? Anyone want to meet-up?

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Going to Korea at the end of April? Anyone want to meet-up?

Post by zboy1 »

Hey guys...

I'm sent to go to S. Korea to visit family at the end of April. Anyone want to meet-up in Korea? Also, I plan on making a trip-report (probably without pics, but who knows?) as well.

I'm not too high on the women in S. Korea, but who knows, I might end-up changing my opinions...

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this trip. At least, I hope more threads like this get promoted instead of all the racism, anti-women posts, conspiracy theories and complaining threads that make-up the majority of the HA forum these days...
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

I've been chatting with a Vietnamese girl who's studying in Korea and is about to graduate this year. She told me that S. Korean women won't choose a guy unless he already has a decent / profitable career path.

Another fact is that S. Korean women and Japanese women are still expected to be fully stay-at-home mothers once they become pregnant (although more and more women in both countries are growing unsatisfied). The pressure is on the man to make two salaries, one for himself, and one for his wife and children. Both S. Korea and Japan are quite expensive to live in, although especially in S. Korea English teachers make very high salaries I've heard.

I've not visited either country, but I'd really like to in the future once I get everything sorted out. I love Korean BBQ and Bibimbap, and almost all Japanese food although I don't like tempura as much as before. My aunt says she would really like to visit S. Korea.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Bao3niang wrote:I've been chatting with a Vietnamese girl who's studying in Korea and is about to graduate this year. She told me that S. Korean women won't choose a guy unless he already has a decent / profitable career path.

Another fact is that S. Korean women and Japanese women are still expected to be fully stay-at-home mothers once they become pregnant (although more and more women in both countries are growing unsatisfied). The pressure is on the man to make two salaries, one for himself, and one for his wife and children. Both S. Korea and Japan are quite expensive to live in, although especially in S. Korea English teachers make very high salaries I've heard.

I've not visited either country, but I'd really like to in the future once I get everything sorted out. I love Korean BBQ and Bibimbap, and almost all Japanese food although I don't like tempura as much as before. My aunt says she would really like to visit S. Korea.
It's too bad no one except Baoning, replied in this thread. I would've liked to meet some HAers in Korea, but oh well...

Anyway, yeah, Baoning, South Korea is a MUCH better place to live and work than China--that's for sure! Not only is the country cleaner, but it's also a very family-oriented culture and its' safe as well. Plus, there's lot of Western foods and restaurant brands/chians from America and Europe, so compared to China, you won't feel completely homesick if you're from a Western country...
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

How are you sustaining yourself zboy? are you running on savings? Sorry if it's been asked already.
Pics would be nice!
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

droid wrote:How are you sustaining yourself zboy? are you running on savings? Sorry if it's been asked already.
Pics would be nice!
I teach English in China. And, plus, once you're in Asia...it's quite easy and cheap to go from one country to another...
Novem
Freshman Poster

Post by Novem »

Awesome news. I'm still trapped stateside for now but I look forward to your trip report. I have/had a Korean friend and she didn't tell me much about Korea when she was visiting family over there a couple of summers ago. Very disappointing in hindsight. I look forward to your trip report pics or no pics.