WARNING to those coming to the Philippines [Food]

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Ohhh no......F**ck Sodium and Ammonia...I brought the fish from mall and cooked it, had a feeling I had before and then the symptoms started...whole body aching and itching....

http://www.foodandwaterwatch.org/blogs/ ... your-fish/

They are freaking using the above chemical a lot in malls to keep the fish look and feel more fresh....They are using a lot in India and same here in Ph to a lot more degree...

http://www.fluther.com/125997/what-is-t ... played-at/

One member MrMark send me this site to look for more greener options...I will try that now

http://www.downtoearth.ph/

I guess...I'm devolving now...No energy left to think..I may now start posting my selfies and facebook posts here :lol: :lol:

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

starchild5 wrote:Ohhh no......F**ck Sodium and Ammonia...I brought the fish from mall and cooked it, had a feeling I had before and then the symptoms started...whole body aching and itching....

They are freaking using the above chemical a lot in malls to keep the fish look and feel more fresh....They are using a lot in India and same here in Ph to a lot more degree...

One member MrMark send me this site to look for more greener options...I will try that now

I guess...I'm devolving now...No energy left to think..I may now start posting my selfies and facebook posts here :lol: :lol:
A big problem is what keeps you trapped in the Manila hell-hole. We eat a lot of fish
that typically was swimming around just the day before we eat it. We buy it directly from the family that catches it. Not sure what you do online, but I am thinking that somehow there must be a way to accommodate it outside of Metro-Manila.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Re: WARNING to those who are coming to Philippines [Food]

Post by Maverick »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
Hero wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:filipinas are not horny in general thats a myth. you guys need to meet real filipinas not girls chasing after foreigners to put on an act. And yes the do it for even you married guys so they can get their green card/security blanket they wouldn't have without you.
Not true at all. I've dated Filipinas who were already American citizens, and they were even more horny for me than the Filipinas I dated in the Philippines. Just learn how to be a gentleman and treat women with kindness and respect, and those Filipinas will just melt.
thats because they learned how to use their p***y to get to america to begin with.

Regardless though many vets here, and even on other forums have confirmed to me most girls wont even hop into bed right away or they have natural libido like any woman in the world. There is nothing different about women in philippines. my barhoe told me some of her friends didn't like sex with their boyfriends. I been to churches here many times the girls here are very asexual and shy and spent time with good girls and hoe and i can tell you they are the same as women anywhere in teh world. The only difference i see is the foreigners getting the SLUTS(I.e like my current girlfriends friend and her mother who bounce with any guy wth no strings attached etc.), MILFS, and hoes and thinking suddenly they are hornier than normal, thats a myth.
This is not true. I dated a Filipina/Chinese girl from Cagayan that moved to the US with her parents when she was 13. She was an 8 (in my opinion). Gorgeous with a nice body.

She was insanely horny all the time. Definitely a keeper, which, unfortunately, I wasn't looking for at the time. She was actually one of my motivations to go to the Philippines to begin with.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

Maybe it was the chinese blood? limited ancedotal evidence doesn't prove anything.

anyways you had plenty of opportunities to get women in america. You screwed up. I dont even know why you waste your time in phil. I certainly wouldn't if i had your opportunity. Guys like you dont really deserve a 2nd chance abroad for missing up great p***y when its so easy in america for you LOL
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:Maybe it was the chinese blood? limited ancedotal evidence doesn't prove anything.

anyways you had plenty of opportunities to get women in america. You screwed up. I dont even know why you waste your time in phil. I certainly wouldn't if i had your opportunity. Guys like you dont really deserve a 2nd chance abroad for missing up great p***y when its so easy in america for you LOL
What are you talking about?

Sure, I can get girls in the US. But I'd PREFER a girl from another country. Getting laid is not difficult here. Finding wifey is extremely difficult (for the record, that Fil-Chinese girl gained TONS of weight while dating her now-fiancee...she's gigantic now and Americanized). I assumed that most guys go abroad for the same reason as me: not because we can't get girls in the US, but because the options here are not very good.

Dude, if you want to get laid in the US, just go to a bar and approach every girl in that bar. Trust me, some of those girls will f**k the first guy that hits on them (and those girls may actually be decent to good-looking). And that's exactly why I'm searching overseas. I'd PREFER a conservative girl that doesn't f**k me right away and actually wants me to get to know them.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

I want a relationship too. Then go to church in america. There is plenty of those girls. But your not probably christian hence wont find them. You are the WRONG demographic in philippines if your game is so good. If you can't court a good girl it means your not up to par , im not either LOL. Your not even there yet so I know who should be going or not. I dont have the confidence or skills to court a girl in church or elsewhere in america or elsewhere hence why i go even though im young. Philippines is a country for older guys or guys like me. Bottom line.

about the weight loss, well i guess that shows that is one more risk of bringing them to america. Im realy scared to bring a filipina to america for a host of reasons. but i wont tell a decent filipina that (educated hot) cause she might run off.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:I want a relationship too. Then go to church in america. There is plenty of those girls. But your not probably christian hence wont find them. You are the WRONG demographic in philippines if your game is so good. If you can't court a good girl it means your not up to par , im not either LOL. Your not even there yet so I know who should be going or not. I dont have the confidence or skills to court a girl in church or elsewhere in america or elsewhere hence why i go even though im young. Philippines is a country for older guys or guys like me. Bottom line.

about the weight loss, well i guess that shows that is one more risk of bringing them to america. Im realy scared to bring a filipina to america for a host of reasons. but i wont tell a decent filipina that (educated hot) cause she might run off.
Have you ever been to church? I go to church regularly and most girls here have some kind of personality disorder. For example, in my current church group, there are 2 girls that are attractive. One is a white girl that seemed nice, but turned out to be bipolar and on tons of medication. The other is actually a really attractive Filipina, but she's too old for me (35), still lives at home with her parents, and just got her first adult job. I don't know exactly what's wrong with her, but there are just too many red flags for my taste.

As for work, I'm in the military and I'm an officer. I'm surrounded by attractive ENLISTED females that show me signs of interest, but I can't date them because I could get arrested for that. Other than that, the only other way to date is online dating (I'm short so I don't get replies there) and the party college that's about an hour away (good for hooking up, bad for anything more than that).

Also, in the US, it's slim pickens as far as quality girls (I think the vast majority of guys on this board will agree with me there) and once you get passed college age, 99% of the good ones are off the market. And you CANNOT court American women. If you are courting them, you can guarantee that there is a different guy behind the scenes f***ing them. I know for a fact that just about every woman I've ever been friends with/hooked up with did that. And these are normal women in the US with normal jobs. Total trash. Now, I'm not saying that Filipinas don't do this. I'm just saying that I believe (with my research) that you are far more likely to find a Filipina with good morals than an American woman.

Also, I find Filipinas (in general) to be EXTREMELY physically attractive, more than any other race. Also, they tend to be short (like me). So right now, I'm young, good-looking, and I like to travel. I'd also like to get married in somewhat near future. So the Philippines makes a lot of sense for me. I have absolutely no problem courting a girl for a very long time without sex. So she could be super religious and bring her chaperone everywhere for all I care.

Bottom line is that I'm looking for quality and there's not much of that back home. If I find the Philippines and all other countries to be the same as here, then I just won't get married. But if Pete, Outwest, and Dave could find awesome girls, then so can I! :D
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Maverick wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:I want a relationship too. Then go to church in america. There is plenty of those girls. But your not probably christian hence wont find them. You are the WRONG demographic in philippines if your game is so good. If you can't court a good girl it means your not up to par , im not either LOL. Your not even there yet so I know who should be going or not. I dont have the confidence or skills to court a girl in church or elsewhere in america or elsewhere hence why i go even though im young. Philippines is a country for older guys or guys like me. Bottom line.

Have you ever been to church? I go to church regularly and most girls here have some kind of personality disorder. For example, in my current church group, there are 2 girls that are attractive. One is a white girl that seemed nice, but turned out to be bipolar and on tons of medication. The other is actually a really attractive Filipina, but she's too old for me (35), still lives at home with her parents, and just got her first adult job. I don't know exactly what's wrong with her, but there are just too many red flags for my taste.

As for work, I'm in the military and I'm an officer. I'm surrounded by attractive ENLISTED females that show me signs of interest, but I can't date them because I could get arrested for that. Other than that, the only other way to date is online dating (I'm short so I don't get replies there) and the party college that's about an hour away (good for hooking up, bad for anything more than that).

Also, in the US, it's slim pickens as far as quality girls (I think the vast majority of guys on this board will agree with me there) and once you get passed college age, 99% of the good ones are off the market. And you CANNOT court American women. If you are courting them, you can guarantee that there is a different guy behind the scenes f***ing them. I know for a fact that just about every woman I've ever been friends with/hooked up with did that. And these are normal women in the US with normal jobs. Total trash. Now, I'm not saying that Filipinas don't do this. I'm just saying that I believe (with my research) that you are far more likely to find a Filipina with good morals than an American woman.

Also, I find Filipinas (in general) to be EXTREMELY physically attractive, more than any other race. Also, they tend to be short (like me). So right now, I'm young, good-looking, and I like to travel. I'd also like to get married in somewhat near future. So the Philippines makes a lot of sense for me. I have absolutely no problem courting a girl for a very long time without sex. So she could be super religious and bring her chaperone everywhere for all I care.

Bottom line is that I'm looking for quality and there's not much of that back home. If I find the Philippines and all other countries to be the same as here, then I just won't get married. But if Pete, Outwest, and Dave could find awesome girls, then so can I! :D

Just got done with a educated nurse date. What a dissapointment. She has been blown out by foreigners and thinks taking expensive vacations is important to a relationship AND is in a hurry to marry. Sucks that i didn't get any sex or even a hug from her yet she claims she would have and like me but i love my girlfriend whatever she knew the score and she didn't even try to win my affection. Really its not easy finding a great girl in philippines they are either hoes, goldiggers, or users. I didn't want to meet the nurse girl at first cause i figured she wouldn't like me and i think i was right all along to go with low hanging fruit. Yo0ur looking for marriage which is even harder than finding low hanging fruit. Im probably not gonna come back to phil for awhile cause its you either have to choose between bargirls, very poor girls who want to mooch off you, or educated girls who want to gold dig your ass and get a ticket out and couldn't care less about you.

anyways those other guys might have invested a lot of time or just got lucky. There is no guarantee you can just bounce in on your 2 week millionaire vacation and find a quality wife. There is guys here for years that haven't found wife material.

I hate to say it but i think im gonna try to find an american wife.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

OutWest wrote:
starchild5 wrote:Ohhh no......F**ck Sodium and Ammonia...I brought the fish from mall and cooked it, had a feeling I had before and then the symptoms started...whole body aching and itching....

A big problem is what keeps you trapped in the Manila hell-hole. We eat a lot of fish
that typically was swimming around just the day before we eat it. We buy it directly from the family that catches it. Not sure what you do online, but I am thinking that somehow there must be a way to accommodate it outside of Metro-Manila.

Wow.... I'm a foodie and love to cook at home...When I was in Cebu, I went to this sea food restaurant in lap lapu city i think where they keep the fish in water tank and aquarium kinda thingy and you choose the fish to be cooked much like in Thailand etc places..It was fine...

My first choice was in fact Cebu, next Davao and then Manila...I loved Cebu ..I had great memories there....Its just my work needs constant Video conferencing with multiple clients...If i get some holidays plus weekend, I may try out Cebu and see if there are places that offer good internet connectivity.
bladed11
Freshman Poster

Post by bladed11 »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
Maverick wrote:

Just got done with a educated nurse date. What a dissapointment. She has been blown out by foreigners and thinks taking expensive vacations is important to a relationship AND is in a hurry to marry. Sucks that i didn't get any sex or even a hug from her yet she claims she would have and like me but i love my girlfriend whatever she knew the score and she didn't even try to win my affection. Really its not easy finding a great girl in philippines they are either hoes, goldiggers, or users. I didn't want to meet the nurse girl at first cause i figured she wouldn't like me and i think i was right all along to go with low hanging fruit. Yo0ur looking for marriage which is even harder than finding low hanging fruit. Im probably not gonna come back to phil for awhile cause its you either have to choose between bargirls, very poor girls who want to mooch off you, or educated girls who want to gold dig your a** and get a ticket out and couldn't care less about you.

anyways those other guys might have invested a lot of time or just got lucky. There is no guarantee you can just bounce in on your 2 week millionaire vacation and find a quality wife. There is guys here for years that haven't found wife material.

I hate to say it but i think im gonna try to find an american wife.
America wife. hahahaha. You have to be a freaking shill for the feminist movement... Either that or completely fat and ugly and no philipina would want except to gold dig.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I like Filippino food, but I don't know why the one's around here can't appreciate good Indonesian food. Locals love it, but the Filippinos don't seem to care for it. I like some Filippino dishes, but it seems like pork fat is too common of an ingredient. I don't like to eat fat.

Their chicken porridge is more or less the same as the Indonesian version. Some of the other foods are like Indonesian foods, but bland, without the spices. I wonder why. Spices would grow there.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:filipinas are not horny in general thats a myth. you guys need to meet real filipinas not girls chasing after foreigners to put on an act. And yes the do it for even you married guys so they can get their green card/security blanket they wouldn't have without you. Youd be doing the same acting if it was your role.
Sorry, but I strenuously disagree with this statement. I've had a lot of experience with Filipinas and I can tell you that Filipinas who are already American citizens are just as horny as Filipinas in the Philippines. And one of the horny Filipinas who I dated in the Philippines wouldn't even accept some money that I offered to help her out. All it takes to get a Filipina hot and bothered is treating her with kindness and respect. If you can't turn on a Filipina, you seriously need to work on your people skills.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:Just got done with a educated nurse date. What a dissapointment. She has been blown out by foreigners and thinks taking expensive vacations is important to a relationship AND is in a hurry to marry. Sucks that i didn't get any sex or even a hug from her yet she claims she would have and like me but i love my girlfriend whatever she knew the score and she didn't even try to win my affection. Really its not easy finding a great girl in philippines they are either hoes, goldiggers, or users. I didn't want to meet the nurse girl at first cause i figured she wouldn't like me and i think i was right all along to go with low hanging fruit. Yo0ur looking for marriage which is even harder than finding low hanging fruit.
:lol: Yeah, I've had dates like that. You can really see the influence that prior relationships with foreigners has on Filipinas.

A good rule in general is that if you don't get a good French kiss by the third date, dump her and dump her fast, because she's not the least bit serious about you.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Hero wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:filipinas are not horny in general thats a myth. you guys need to meet real filipinas not girls chasing after foreigners to put on an act. And yes the do it for even you married guys so they can get their green card/security blanket they wouldn't have without you. Youd be doing the same acting if it was your role.
Sorry, but I strenuously disagree with this statement. I've had a lot of experience with Filipinas and I can tell you that Filipinas who are already American citizens are just as horny as Filipinas in the Philippines. And one of the horny Filipinas who I dated in the Philippines wouldn't even accept some money that I offered to help her out. All it takes to get a Filipina hot and bothered is treating her with kindness and respect. If you can't turn on a Filipina, you seriously need to work on your people skills.
I just think they are like any other woman in the world. The ones motivated by money or your visa have a tendency to put on an act. Oh well though the act can be fun its a fantasy.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Hero wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:Just got done with a educated nurse date. What a dissapointment. She has been blown out by foreigners and thinks taking expensive vacations is important to a relationship AND is in a hurry to marry. Sucks that i didn't get any sex or even a hug from her yet she claims she would have and like me but i love my girlfriend whatever she knew the score and she didn't even try to win my affection. Really its not easy finding a great girl in philippines they are either hoes, goldiggers, or users. I didn't want to meet the nurse girl at first cause i figured she wouldn't like me and i think i was right all along to go with low hanging fruit. Yo0ur looking for marriage which is even harder than finding low hanging fruit.
:lol: Yeah, I've had dates like that. You can really see the influence that prior relationships with foreigners has on Filipinas.

A good rule in general is that if you don't get a good French kiss by the third date, dump her and dump her fast, because she's not the least bit serious about you.
Generally avoid dating filipinas who have had a foreigner boyfriend before. or ones that have been on like 10 different foreigner dates with 10 different guys. Those girls see expensive dates they been on and suddenly feel entitled. If you just want to get laid though then dont worry about their past but id advise moving onto a girl who is less experienced with foreigners for a relationship.