Why it's better to be a woman in America than a man!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Why it's better to be a woman in America than a man!

Post by jamesbond »

Here is a great explanation as to why it's better to be a woman in America and not a man!

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 926AAIGeXY
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

Yeah, that first reply was dead on!

I'll paste it here:

Is it better to be a woman than a man in America?
Oh yes it is.

There's like 25 reasons why it's better to be a woman in America than to be a man....... I'll just list the most glaring, largest reasons. What advantage is it to be a man in America?

#1 - Women have the choice to stay at home or to go to work until retirement. Men only have one choice, which is to go to work and face an oppressive boss who forces his employees to work unholy, grueling hours. The more attractive a woman is, the more she can go and find a rich to upper-middle class guy and play on his stronger desires for sex and companionship. For guys, there's less rich/upper-middle class women, because MANY women work low paid and more relaxed jobs seeking richer guys to live off from and to be supported. Since men have a stronger need for sex and love, given that men are viewed as "horndogs", a woman can more easier find somebody to support her and take care of her.

#2 - Guys are more friendly to approaches from women more than women are friendly to approaches from men. I had NO PROBLEM meeting women in high school and college, but once I graduated college, I only had bars/lounges to meet women, and women there don't want to keep in touch with me for possible relationship or just friends. If I was a woman, I don't need "game" or advanced conversation skills, hell I don't have to carry a conversation. If I had their personality they give me, they would never talk to me. The economy traps me in a small town so I have no other sports teams or clubs/groups to meet women/socialize, and my work is just males in engineering. I'm trying to leave, but if I was a woman, I don't have to do ANYTHING if I'm lonely, I only just have to discern between the decent people and sleazy people, but at least I would have people come to me.

#3 - Women also can stop dating a guy who doesn't pay for his dates, because she knows she can get another date faster than the guy who asked her out, as well as other reasons.

----------------------

I can't find one advantage to be a man in America than to be a woman. If I could choose my gender, it would be a female in America
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Yeah, being a woman in the US is much more advantageous than being a man. Just look at how women make out in divorce court in the US. America has the most generous divorce laws in the world which favor women. Even prenuptual agreements are not always held up in court! Of course we could go on and on about "sexual harrassement" in the workplace, affirmative action laws which gives women rights over men for jobs, even if the man is more qualified than the woman!

So yes, being a woman in the US is much more advantageous than being a man. This is a "womans country" and we men are trying to be "men" in a culture that favors woman over men. No wonder why women in the US have that "smug" look on their face, they know they rule this country! LOL :D

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Let's also not forget that women are a protected class, which makes them a minority for hiring purposes. Also, Human resource departments, which do the hiring, mostly comprised of female staff, few men around, and the cuns make all the decisions. Women do prefer other women. It's been shown in a study.

Especially with the entry level jobs. Many men cant get their foot in the door cause women are displacing them.

Of course in 5- 10 years the woman will pop out some kids and quit working.

Another point is social security. If a woman stays married to a man for at least 10 years, when they divorce, she is entitled to 50% (in addition to his 100% I believe) of what he will be getting in retirement. And in many cases, if the man receives a pension, the woman will get HALF of his pension for just being married to him for 10 years.

I will stop there before this gets too long.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Insidious wrote:Let's also not forget that women are a protected class, which makes them a minority for hiring purposes. Also, Human resource departments, which do the hiring, mostly comprised of female staff, few men around, and the cuns make all the decisions. Women do prefer other women. It's been shown in a study.

Especially with the entry level jobs. Many men cant get their foot in the door cause women are displacing them.

Of course in 5- 10 years the woman will pop out some kids and quit working.

Another point is social security. If a woman stays married to a man for at least 10 years, when they divorce, she is entitled to 50% (in addition to his 100% I believe) of what he will be getting in retirement. And in many cases, if the man receives a pension, the woman will get HALF of his pension for just being married to him for 10 years.

I will stop there before this gets too long.
Statistics like that scare the living shit out of me! It makes me never want to get married! Holy horse crap, a woman can get 50% of her ex-husbands social security and 50% of his pension if they are married for at least 10 years! That's highway robbery! That's also redistribution of wealth! WTF? No wonder why 72% of all divorces in the US are initiated by women, they know they will make out like a bandit in divorce court!
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Each State has its own family law and division of property/assets in a divorce may differ from State to State.

Generally speaking all assets acquired during the marriage may qualify as community property, subject to division during a divorce. Pensions acquired during the marriage may be subject to division during a divorce on % basis.

Last year, a friend of mine actually had to delay her marriage until their estate lawyer could resolve all the financial entanglements for the prenup. She is (White) American and has property held under her name in Southern CA, as well as shares in her family trust fund from her grand parents. The husband is Philippino and also owns several properties under his name in Northern CA.

In fairness, the husband should not be eligible for her family trust in event of divorce, and she should not be eligible for his properties acquired before marriage. It was very complicated to do a pre-nup. I think they had to declare sole and separate property for their own assets and quit claim for their spouse's assets. I'm not an estate planner so you should consult a professional.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

I think it is easier initially because attractive American women can use looks to get by and it's a significant advantage but it's also a double edged sword. An attractive woman still has to be a bit of a con artist to make it last forever and I do think karma tends to bite some of them in the ass. If they treat people like shit all throughout their lives and then get knocked up by some asshole player these women are usually attracted to suddenly the script is flipped on them. The smart ones will marry a nice rich beta male who will let the woman rule the roost so to speak but there's a significant number who end up alone, bitter, and with kids to take care of because of their atrocious attitude.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

momopi wrote:Each State has its own family law and division of property/assets in a divorce may differ from State to State.

Generally speaking all assets acquired during the marriage may qualify as community property, subject to division during a divorce. Pensions acquired during the marriage may be subject to division during a divorce on % basis.

Last year, a friend of mine actually had to delay her marriage until their estate lawyer could resolve all the financial entanglements for the prenup. She is (White) American and has property held under her name in Southern CA, as well as shares in her family trust fund from her grand parents. The husband is Philippino and also owns several properties under his name in Northern CA.

In fairness, the husband should not be eligible for her family trust in event of divorce, and she should not be eligible for his properties acquired before marriage. It was very complicated to do a pre-nup. I think they had to declare sole and separate property for their own assets and quit claim for their spouse's assets. I'm not an estate planner so you should consult a professional.
Yeah well, say a man marries his high school or university *sweetheart* right after school. Therefore he has already married her before he accumulates property. There is no separate property before marriage.

He gets an excellent job. She becomes a secretary. If she is married to him from day one of his pensioned job, IIAC, she is entitled to one half of it upon their divorce (one half of its value when they divorce, not one half of his pension when he retires). Even though she wasnt the foreman of the factory sweating 12 hours a day, 5 days a wk, she will get half of whatever he bought or acquired, unless it is debt.

Social security I think the man still gets 100%, but the woman gets an additional 50%. So the man isnt being robbed of his 100%.

Anyone who knows more, feel free to correct me. I am not a lawyer and this is not professional advice. :D
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

The main flaw with American divorce law is that divorced women without children are still somehow "entitled" to half the pot. I can see the justification of strict alimony when there are children involved and depending on who gains custody but the other facets of the law are just pure nonsense dreamed up by the worst type of legislature.