The arch bashers keep returning, what can I do?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Winston
Site Admin

The arch bashers keep returning, what can I do?

Post by Winston »

Dear Momopi and any other web experts,

My arch enemy Dave Fuller, and now Shane Neff, keep reregistering on the forum and posting again, even though I've banned their user names and IP's. Brad Sharp has reported them to me and helped me identify them each time, since he has known them for many years and is able to recognize their rants and personalities easily. So I thank him for that.

It appears that they have some kind of software that allows them to change their IP's to get around the IP ban.

What can I do to deal with this?

Momopi suggested once that I set the system to manually approve each registration, to stop the spam. However, even if I do that, how can I know who to approve, as the bashers can be under any name they want.

And besides, I'm not always online, so I won't be able to check pending members everyday and would hate to keep people waiting to be registered like that.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Winston
KristineTheStrawberryGirl
Freshman Poster

Post by KristineTheStrawberryGirl »

I am not sure what you should do with them. Maybe give them something to do? Either they have nothing to do, or you are so special to them, that they go to great lengths just to stay in contact. Really, if I disliked someone that much, and could just go away from them, cut my losses, and get on with my life, I wouldn't have any desire to remain in contact. I am puzzled by their obsessions.
"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Ludwig Wittgenstein
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Don't feed the trolls.