Beautiful Cities

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Beautiful Cities

Post by MrMan »

Let's discuss aesthetically beautiful cities-- the environment, architecture, etc.

I think Hong Kong is a beautiful city. It is spectacular to look at flying over it at night. In the daytime, there are these tall white towers jutting up out of green mountains overlooking a bay. I was even at a port area, and that looked nice.

I have never been to Sidney, Australia, but Perth is a beautiful city. That Swan River is a unique shade of blue, with a modern city-scape around it. There is a park you can go to on a hill that overlooks the city.

Parts of Honolulu look spectacular, especially if you can see Diamond Head. Go a couple of blocks from the coast past the Ala Wai Canal and that is not necessarily the case. The downtown looks pretty nice, too.

I've seen a few state capitols. The buildings usually look nice. I think Rhode Island has the best state capitol building I've seen, and the town is nice-looking for a city-scape. There are also those nice houses up on the hill near Brown University. The buildings up there around brown are nice. I don't know if they have a committee that makes sure buildings built look nice or if it's just market pressures that lead to the nice architecture. Hartford has a smaller, more ornate, but beautiful capitol building, almost as nice as Rhode Islands. The city-scape is not as impressive, IMO.

Honolulu is a beautiful city, but the state capitol, while an okay structure and functional, isn't that impressive for looks. The old palace is an okay big manor, not a spectacular palace. The Rhode Island state capitol building is far more important than the queen's palace in Honolulu, IMO.

Sacramento, California is okay looking. It's not great for a city-scape view, IMO. They do have that old west area down by the river that's okay, and a steam boat. The state capitol building looks nice, not as impressive as Rhode Islands. But as far as the grounds go, it's the best I've seen I think. The largest Valencia orange three in North America is there. It's legal to eat oranges that fall from the tree, even though some people around there who seem to think oranges come from the store and not trees might ask if the fruit is good if it fell off the tree. The grounds of the capitol has sample plants from all around the state and a flower garden.

I've never been to Europe. I would imagine Prague and Vienna would be on someone's list. I've never been to Rio in Brazil either. What are some beautiful cities that you have visited?
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Re: Beautiful Cities

Post by kangarunner »

Most big cities are not beautiful. Humans f**k everything up. Too crowded, loud, and noisy. Most humans want to be in peaceful and quiet places.

Cities are alright but smaller areas are better. I could go on and on about places in Vietnam that are beautiful. IMO Central Vietnam is the best part of VN with the most scenic and beautiful areas. (Da Nang, Nha Trang, Mue Ne). When I was in Da Nang, I told myself everyday that I live in paradise and I was being serious.

Korea: I thought Seoul was "Seoul-less". The city itself isn't beautiful at all and the people there don't look happy at all.

Japan: I'm sure there's other beautiful areas in Japan that @Yohan should tell us about. As far as Tokyo and Osaka, they're both very clean (no garbage cans on the street). In the sense that Japanese value order and cleanliness, that is probably beautiful.

Colombia: Medellin is definitely beautiful. Nearly nice, sunny weather year round. There's mountains surrounding the entire city. Plenty of hiking. And on top of all that, the locals are all very nice and friendly.

United States: My favorite areas in the US are out West: Utah, Arizona have some beautiful desert areas.
MrMan wrote:
July 16th, 2023, 6:44 pm
I think Hong Kong is a beautiful city. It is spectacular to look at flying over it at night. In the daytime, there are these tall white towers jutting up out of green mountains overlooking a bay. I was even at a port area, and that looked nice.
I googled Hong Kong mountain hiking trails:

I definitely want to check out Hong Kong once in my life. Hopefully I'll swing by when I'm in Asia again.
Favorite Cornfed quote: "Here's another one to reassure you lemmings that the ongoing humiliation ritual that is your ratshit life will soon be coming to an end."

Favorite yick quote: "You are not my mate".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

I'll make the cutoff 50,000 people, since there are a lot of smaller cities and towns that would qualify.

Prague. Valencia, Spain. Bamberg, Germany. Dubrovnik, Croatia. Split, Croatia. Colorado Springs. Salt Lake City. San Francisco (in the old days, of course). I suppose Vienna architecturally, though there is nothing noteworthy about its natural setting and I thought it was a bit overrated. Innsbruck, Austria. Salzburg, Austria. Budapest in parts. Krakow, Poland in parts. Paris (in the central part, but as you journey out of the city it is progressively ringed by high rises of Bauhaus dreck, and goes from stunningly beautiful to hideous; same with Zagreb, Croatia). Reno. Portland (in the old days). Seattle. Madrid. Seville (in the city center). Brasov, Romania. Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria.

Most of the cities of Bulgaria have ample and very beautiful pedestrian areas. An exception to this is Veliko Tarnovo, which doesn't have any pedestrian streets but is in an amazing natural setting. Every city view is like a picture postcard.

I don't know that beauty is necessarily the word that comes to mind, though it is beautiful in parts, but I was most blown away by Rome, and the sense of history there. I was a Latin scholar in school.

I suppose Quito and Cuenca in Ecuador qualify as beautiful since they're in the Andes, but there's just a crummy delapidation effect in a lot of Latin American cities that disqualifies them in my mind.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Now I think of it, I haven't seen many beautiful cities. Maybe San Francisco as mentioned, Dunedin NZ and the West Lake section of Hangzhou (the rest of Hangzhou is the usual dump). Maybe central Shanghai and parts of Xiamen as well.
69ixine
Junior Poster

Post by 69ixine »

Miami,lisbon,alexandria,antwerp come to mind.

Haarlem is nice too,I went to school there.

Amsterdam center is beautiful with old buildings and canals(Grachten).
scamming simps,and raking in the dough with my AI female version softcore adult pics to get HA to be a reality.

https://playgroundai.com/search?q=huge+breasts
69ixine
Junior Poster

Post by 69ixine »

Americans are a beauty-less people.You see in in how they dress and their food and music.

very tacky and stale,not alive like europe.

Rome is very beautiful.
scamming simps,and raking in the dough with my AI female version softcore adult pics to get HA to be a reality.

69ixine
Junior Poster

Post by 69ixine »

Americans value displays of strength and quantity,not really a artistic people that value nature.

Honestely,this is HA but you guys don't critique america besides it's women and the globalist agendas,america was a shitty place from the beginning.

Americans are the barbaric uncultured depressed Borg.

kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

69ixine wrote:
July 17th, 2023, 9:58 am
america was a shitty place from the beginning.

Thanks for the good laugh. There's tons other posts on here that say something along the lines of how most American cities look the same. Just a bunch of shopping malls and the same corporate retail chain shit. Subway.

Outside of the natural landscape out West in Utah and Colorado and other areas, America is ugly. If it weren't for the strength of the dollar and the economy, America would be nothing.
Favorite Cornfed quote: "Here's another one to reassure you lemmings that the ongoing humiliation ritual that is your ratshit life will soon be coming to an end."

69ixine
Junior Poster

Post by 69ixine »

kangarunner wrote:
July 16th, 2023, 7:15 pm
Most big cities are not beautiful. Humans f**k everything up. Too crowded, loud, and noisy. Most humans want to be in peaceful and quiet places.

Cities are alright but smaller areas are better. I could go on and on about places in Vietnam that are beautiful. IMO Central Vietnam is the best part of VN with the most scenic and beautiful areas. (Da Nang, Nha Trang, Mue Ne). When I was in Da Nang, I told myself everyday that I live in paradise and I was being serious.

Korea: I thought Seoul was "Seoul-less". The city itself isn't beautiful at all and the people there don't look happy at all.

Japan: I'm sure there's other beautiful areas in Japan that @Yohan should tell us about. As far as Tokyo and Osaka, they're both very clean (no garbage cans on the street). In the sense that Japanese value order and cleanliness, that is probably beautiful.

Colombia: Medellin is definitely beautiful. Nearly nice, sunny weather year round. There's mountains surrounding the entire city. Plenty of hiking. And on top of all that, the locals are all very nice and friendly.

United States: My favorite areas in the US are out West: Utah, Arizona have some beautiful desert areas.
MrMan wrote:
July 16th, 2023, 6:44 pm
I googled Hong Kong mountain hiking trails:

I definitely want to check out Hong Kong once in my life. Hopefully I'll swing by when I'm in Asia again.
That is considered beautiful for americans lol no wonder white americans go after filipinas.

69ixine
Junior Poster

Post by 69ixine »

kangarunner wrote:
July 17th, 2023, 10:29 am
69ixine wrote:
July 17th, 2023, 9:58 am
america was a shitty place from the beginning.

Thanks for the good laugh. There's tons other posts on here that say something along the lines of how most American cities look the same. Just a bunch of shopping malls and the same corporate retail chain shit. Subway.

Outside of the natural landscape out West in Utah and Colorado and other areas, America is ugly. If it weren't for the strength of the dollar and the economy, America would be nothing.
Money means nothing to me,beside the fact women require it.

this is beautiful

American whites are the trash of the european stock.

Southern europe,even germany in smaller older city and village places is way better.not only for women.america is indeed nothing without the dollar.it would be worse than Brazil.

You actually have trash ass white americans from Ohio on citydata,saying 'cleveland'and 'cincinatti'are great cities lol!

the houses in americ are all ugly,even the rich houses are nothing compared to a poor house in sicily.

americans don't know any better.which is why they're the borg.

kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

@69ixine Don't let your anger and resentment towards America destroy who you are. I was there in Dec 2022 and then I left to Colombia. I was literally about to blow up with anger every day just being in TN. Then I got to Medellin and breathed a big sigh of relief.

I hope you leave America and find happiness. But while you're there don't let anger control you. Anger can kill you.

69ixine
Junior Poster

Post by 69ixine »

kangarunner wrote:
July 17th, 2023, 11:13 am
@69ixine Don't let your anger and resentment towards America destroy who you are. I was there in Dec 2022 and then I left to Colombia. I was literally about to blow up with anger every day just being in TN. Then I got to Medellin and breathed a big sigh of relief.

I hope you leave America and find happiness. But while you're there don't let anger control you. Anger can kill you.
I'm happy atleast one good soul brother left Satan's den.I can live vicariousely through people like you.

I'll be out one day,believe me.even if I gotta be homeless in sicily,Because I've failed,which will not happen,I will NOT stay in america 5 more years.I'm giivng it 5 more years to get my shit together,if I fail,I'll be buying a one euro house in a village somewhere in sicily or sardinia,and just begging for food and water,or working as a janitor.

my most valuable asset is my EU dutch passport and citizenship.

How do you like medejin?

is medejin a nice city?

Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

gsjackson wrote:
July 17th, 2023, 12:06 am
Valencia, Spain.
Interesting to see that Valencia is second on your list for most beautiful cities. I wholeheartedly agree, Valencia is absolutely beautiful with its historical buildings in the ciutat vella, its 9-kilometer-long Turia Garden (known as "El Río" to the locals) and its nice beaches, and the Comunitat Valenciana has dozens of charming and picturesque towns with their own idyllic scenery within 30 minutes driving distance from the capital.

Turia Garden (City of Arts and Sciences)

Turia Garden (near El Palau de la Música)

Town Hall Square (Plaza del Ayuntamiento)

Old Town (Ciutat Vella)

gsjackson wrote:
July 17th, 2023, 12:06 am
I suppose Quito and Cuenca in Ecuador qualify as beautiful since they're in the Andes, but there's just a crummy delapidation effect in a lot of Latin American cities that disqualifies them in my mind.
I think I know what you mean. In Latin America many residential buildings, while vibrant and colorful, are little more than concrete blocks and are often only half-built.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

The rankings were in random order as they came to mind, but if I had to rank them first to last Valencia would be number one, even though its setting and its beaches aren't especially impressive. They just did such a good job with the old town and the A&S park.

I'm going to add Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria to my list. Spectacular mountain setting, beautiful central pedestrian area. Where Blagoevgrad and Bulgaria in general fall down (often literally) is the fact that the sidewalks outside of the pedestrian areas are horrendous -- unsightly, uneven at every step and truly dangerous (my sister had emergency brain surgery that she was lucky to survive after tripping on a sidewalk in NYC and face planting). And often in the Balkans you'll be walking along on the sidewalks and some car will be coming right at you or up from behind to park on them. This feature to Balkan cities provides a serious dilapidation effect, but not so much as to disqualify them from the beautiful category, as I've done with the Latin American cities I've seen.

I've just landed in Sofia. Too hot to walk around and assess the place right now. Subways and malls until the weather cools, and it may not any time soon. as usual with European cities, the outer rings you see coming in on the bus is hideously ugly high rises for the workers of communism. One thing I can say now for this place -- Mt. Vitosha, nearby, I thought it was off in the distance a bit, but it's right on top of the city. And it's a big'un.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

gsjackson wrote:
July 19th, 2023, 12:27 pm
I've just landed in Sofia. Too hot to walk around and assess the place right now. Subways and malls until the weather cools, and it may not any time soon. as usual with European cities, the outer rings you see coming in on the bus is hideously ugly high rises for the workers of communism. One thing I can say now for this place -- Mt. Vitosha, nearby, I thought it was off in the distance a bit, but it's right on top of the city. And it's a big'un.
Yesss...please describe to us more in details, photos, and even videos about your travels. Us plebs and peons want to know how the rich and powerful like yourself gallivant around the world. Please do Mr. Erudition.