A misfit's experience of social cliques in the UK

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

A misfit's experience of social cliques in the UK

Post by Lucas88 »

I'm from the UK and here we have somewhat similar cliques to those in the US but not exactly the same. In my sixth form college there were about a handful of cliques with their own recognizable subcultures and each of them had their own area in the college's common room. But I never fit in with any of them. I was always a lone wolf and just did my own thing.

The cliques at my sixth form college were as follows:

The Chavvy Crowd

This group consisted of people who adopted the fashion and values of the chav subculture. They often wore Burberry and fake designer wear in an attempt to appear "hip" and were largely into clubbing and party drugs. The guys often acted like tough guys and liked to brag about the fights that they'd been in or how "solid" they were, even though most of them were just fake wannabe tough guys. The girls dressed slutty and generally acted like classless hoes. The type of music that the chavvy crowd listened to was dance music, club music and stuff like Uprising. The subculture was characterized by acting tough (even if it's feigned), anti-intellectualism, superficial hedonism and cheap thrills. The chavvy crowd's nemesis was the Mosher subculture.

I actually got along with some of the people from the chav group because I was already training in Jiujitsu and MMA back then and the chavvy crowd respects guys who are tough and know how to fight. But I didn't fit in with their clique because I'm an intellectual person and dislike drugs and the club scene.

The Moshers

These were into certain subgenres of loud and aggressive metal music from the late 90s and early 2000s and therefore resembled metalheads in the US to some degree but the Moshers were a bit different from regular metalheads. They dressed entirely in black and often wore many nasty piercings and gave off a bit of an emo-ish vibe. The guys were often a bit effeminate and faggy. This subculture defined itself exclusively through its musical tastes and the fashion related to those subgenres. Because of this the Moshers were usually music snobs who looked down on anybody who wasn't into the same type of music. A lot of people didn't like them for this reason and would sometimes pick on them. Moreover, the Moshers tended to fancy themselves as social misfits. They were into dark, angsty and nihilistic aesthetics and ways of thinking. The Moshers' nemesis was the chavs. These two groups really didn't get along.

I was a fan of some metal in the early 2000s but I never fit in with the Moshers either because I didn't jive with their dark, angsty and nihilistic aesthetic nor did I like take too kindly to their subtle fagginess or their music snobbery. I actually found them worse to deal with than the chavs.

The Alt-Rock & Indie Crowd

This group listened to grunge, various types of alt-rock and indie music from the 90s to the mid 2000s. They dressed in a grungy style, thought of themselves as "nonconformists" and were big into pot. Some of them were hardcore stoners and always went to class stoned. It's as though their whole lives revolved around weed. As a subculture they were mostly easy-going and open-minded. Maybe they were just too stoned to care! This clique didn't really have any nemesis. They made fun of chavs a bit due to their wannabe tough guy attitude but didn't hate them like the Moshers did.

I had a few friends within that subculture during my time at sixthform but the subculture never appealed to me. I've never been a fan of grunge, alt-rock or indie music or even the grunge aesthetic in general. I also don't have any interest in weed.

The Nerds

There was a small clique of nerds at my sixthform college. Like the nerds in US TV programs, they were into sciency topics and nerdy fandoms, wore things like Star Trek t-shirts, and were generally unathletic and dweebish. Some of them were actually quite arrogant and considered themselves superior to everyone else on account of their purported higher intelligence. What struck me was that that clique was almost completely a sausage fest. Most of the members were socially awkward guys with the occasional unattractive "low-SMV" girl. The nerds hated the chavs the most but also tended to look down on the popular sporty guys to some degree or anybody else whom they considered a "normie".

I'm an intellectual and have some pretty eccentric non-mainstream interests but I was never attracted to the nerd clique. I was always athletic and into combat sports for a start and so I naturally had a very different culture. On top of that, I never cared about the fandoms that those guys used to obsess over. I had little in common with them. Finally, I could never stand the thinly veiled stuck-up attitude which some of those guys displayed and could even understand why they were so disliked.

The Sporty Kids

This was the clique which enjoyed a privileged position within the college social scene and also incidentally hung around at the best part of the common room where the pool table was located. While they weren't exactly like the brutish jocks who you see on American TV, they were typically athletes who played on the college's football (soccer) or rugby teams or were otherwise into fitness and weight training. Some of the football (soccer) players had a bit of a diva complex and acted as though their shit didn't stank, but by and large, this clique didn't seem as obnoxious as its US counterpart as depicted in American TV programs. The guys were obviously athletic and more often than not handsome and were therefore popular with the ladies. The female equivalent was the "high-SMV" popular girls who used to hang around in the same area and date those sporty guys. The people of this clique were attractive and charming but their tastes tended to be very mainstream and they weren't really open to anything too unconventional.

I got along with some of the sporty guys because I was into training and we would talk about training techniques and fitness. Moreover, none of them ever tried to act like an asshole towards me because most people knew that I did Jiujitsu and MMA. Nevertheless, I didn't fit into their clique either because I was into some relatively obscure combat sports which at that time were still not very popular in my part of the world and I wasn't into the popular team sports which those guys played. I was into intellectual things and so I wouldn't find complete fulfillment with most people from the sporty clique. Also, I was socially awkward around girls and so I wasn't going to be a cultural fit. Those guys would kill it with the ladies and I would have certainly felt out of place at their house parties or nights out in the clubs.

The above was my experience with cliques in the UK. Interestingly, when I moved to Spain, I found that the idea of cliques isn't as strong there as it is in the US (where I think it's at its strongest) or the UK. There are of course definable subcultures there too but they don't seem as exclusive and people generally make friends with others from various different subcultures. This observation also coincides with what my Spanish gen-Z friend told me about his social experience at college.
Last edited by Lucas88 on January 1st, 2023, 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Re: A misfit's experience of social cliques in the UK

Post by Outcast9428 »

I think the chavs sound like the closest match to the American frat/sorority crowd. Although British chavs seem slightly more into the ghetto image then American frat/srat type.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

Lucas, I thought the Chavs were gone in 2010's and succeeded by roadman. do chavs still exists?
Last edited by Natural_Born_Cynic on January 1st, 2023, 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Outcast9428 wrote:
January 1st, 2023, 4:05 pm
I think the chavs sound like the closest match to the American frat/sorority crowd. Although British chavs seem slightly more into the ghetto image then American frat/srat type.
Oh no.. the chavs are much more violent than mere frat bros. They are like petty gangbangers, welfare bums, and thugs living in "council estates" in the UK (similar to project housing in the U.S). I though they were gone in the 2010s.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

Outcast9428 wrote:
Chavs are actually quite different from the American frat boy and sorority girl types.

For a start, chavs are low-status individuals who are closely associated with the UK's lumpen underclass and typically live in what we here call "council estates" (I think that the US equivalent is "projects"). In fact, one theory with regard to the etymology of the word "chav" is that it originated as an acronym for "council house-associated vermin", although it is most likely related to Romani Gypsy term chavi which means "boy". Real chavs are simply into drugs and cheap alcohol and loitering around on council estates and very few of them even go to college or university. They attempt to make up for their low status through "acting hard" and fake designer wear which they think makes them look cool but which really just comes across as tacky.

American frat boys and sorority girls on the other hand seem to be mostly of middle class origins and have high status as the "cool kids". Many of the guys are athletic and successful at sports. The girls tend to be popular "high-SMV" females and include cheerleaders. Moreover, they all seem to wear preppy clothes and drive good cars. Those who I see in American movies come across as immature prima donnas whose wealthy parents spoiled them too much and who believe that they can get away with anything due to their perception of themselves as winners.

Chavs are a low-status subculture who nobody takes seriously outside of the council estates. More often than not they are losers with no real prospects in life and adopt that subculture as a non-normative alternative to mainstream success. Frat boys and sorority girls are a privileged group whose high status and privileges have gone to their head. The two phenomena are completely different with their only similarities being their tough-guy attitude and their love for wild drinking and drug use.

I don't think that there is anything quite like the frat boy and sorority girl subculture in the UK. That seems like an exclusively American thing.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
January 1st, 2023, 5:24 pm
Outcast9428 wrote:
Oh no.. the chavs are much more violent than mere frat bros. They are like petty gangbangers, welfare bums, and thugs living in "council estates" in the UK (similar to project housing in the U.S). I though they were gone in the 2010s.
Chavs were a thing in 2000s when I was in school and then sixthform college. They don't seem to be as common anymore.

You're right. Chavs are typically welfare bums on council estates and wannabe thugs and gangbangers. But few of them are actually genuine tough guys. In most cases they simply act intimidating but will back down as soon as anybody stands up to them. They only start on those who they perceive as weak.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Lucas88 wrote:
January 1st, 2023, 5:44 pm
January 1st, 2023, 5:24 pm
Outcast9428 wrote:
Chavs were a thing in 2000s when I was in school and then sixthform college. They don't seem to be as common anymore.

You're right. Chavs are typically welfare bums on council estates and wannabe thugs and gangbangers. But few of them are actually genuine tough guys. In most cases they simply act intimidating but will back down as soon as anybody stands up to them. They only start on those who they perceive as weak.
Yes.. I saw a youtube documentary about the chavs.. There is also chav equivalent in Australia called the "Eshays". :-D.
The American frat boys are much more gentler than your ordinary chav. The frat boys just like to get drunk and party all the time.
When I was in university, a British exchange student was initiated into the Fraternity. :-). I also encountered many Brits in America. They were nice guys. I had not problems with them.. but you seems to hate British society based on your posts.. I don't judge. I hate american society too.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

January 1st, 2023, 5:51 pm
Yes.. I saw a youtube documentary about the chavs.. There is also chav equivalent in Australia called the "Eshays". :-D.
The American frat boys are much more gentler than your ordinary chav. The frat boys just like to get drunk and party all the time.
When I was in university, a British exchange student was initiated into the Fraternity. :-). I also encountered many Brits in America. They were nice guys. I had not problems with them.. but you seems to hate British society based on your posts.. I don't judge. I hate american society too.
Curiously, there's actually a subculture in Spain which somewhat resembles the UK chav subculture. The guys are called canis and the girls are called chonis. Canis and chonis are uneducated youngsters from low-income neighborhoods who spend their whole lives partying to the extreme in clubs and carparks or around industrial parks and are heavily into booze, pot and other party drugs. Like UK chavs, they listen to electronic dance music. Canis and chonis have their own style of dress with the guys wearing certain designer brands with the aim of looking "hip" but just coming across as tacky and the girls dressing like hoes with revealing attire. They are also associated with juvenile delinquency and violent behavior, although they don't seem as rough as the UK chavs.

Here's a video which shows the cani and choni subculture (in Spanish):

It is actually filmed in El Cabañal in Valencia, a neighborhood very close to where I was living. That place has a few rough areas known for their Gypsy population but other than that the neighborhood has a nice seafront and is close to Blasco Ibáñez, one of the most well-to-do parts of the city. From what I've experienced, what is considered a "rough area" in Spain is usually nowhere near as rough as a rough area in the shithole cities of the UK.

I can't comment too much on American frat boys and sorority girls. I only know them from TV. Outcast seems to think that they're absolutely terrible and a danger to society while you're saying that they're mostly just relatively harmless people who like to party hard.

The British exchange students who you met in the US might have been atypical Brits more likely to be attracted to different cultures or they might have been behaving differently since they were living in the US. On this forum I frequently hear how bad Americans are but the few American exchange students who I met were quite nice and friendly so I assume that they were either atypical Americans to begin with or intentionally on their best behavior while living in a foreign country. Many British people here in the UK are quite unfriendly and antisocial and behave like uncultured cretins. I don't think that this country has a very good social life by any stretch of the imagination. However, I also recognize that I'm simply not suited to the UK's culture on a subjective level and that other people might be more compatible with the culture here and have a much better experience with it.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Lucas88 wrote:
January 1st, 2023, 8:43 pm
January 1st, 2023, 5:51 pm
Curiously, there's actually a subculture in Spain which somewhat resembles the UK chav subculture. The guys are called canis and the girls are called chonis. Canis and chonis are uneducated youngsters from low-income neighborhoods who spend their whole lives partying to the extreme in clubs and carparks or around industrial parks and are heavily into booze, pot and other party drugs. Like UK chavs, they listen to electronic dance music. Canis and chonis have their own style of dress with the guys wearing certain designer brands with the aim of looking "hip" but just coming across as tacky and the girls dressing like hoes with revealing attire. They are also associated with juvenile delinquency and violent behavior, although they don't seem as rough as the UK chavs.

Here's a video which shows the cani and choni subculture (in Spanish):

It is actually filmed in El Cabañal in Valencia, a neighborhood very close to where I was living. That place has a few rough areas known for their Gypsy population but other than that the neighborhood has a nice seafront and is close to Blasco Ibáñez, one of the most well-to-do parts of the city. From what I've experienced, what is considered a "rough area" in Spain is usually nowhere near as rough as a rough area in the shithole cities of the UK.

I can't comment too much on American frat boys and sorority girls. I only know them from TV. Outcast seems to think that they're absolutely terrible and a danger to society while you're saying that they're mostly just relatively harmless people who like to party hard.

The British exchange students who you met in the US might have been atypical Brits more likely to be attracted to different cultures or they might have been behaving differently since they were living in the US. On this forum I frequently hear how bad Americans are but the few American exchange students who I met were quite nice and friendly so I assume that they were either atypical Americans to begin with or intentionally on their best behavior while living in a foreign country. Many British people here in the UK are quite unfriendly and antisocial and behave like uncultured cretins. I don't think that this country has a very good social life by any stretch of the imagination. However, I also recognize that I'm simply not suited to the UK's culture on a subjective level and that other people might be more compatible with the culture here and have a much better experience with it.
Those Spanish chavs don't look so bad. Looks like they are enjoying their time.

I assure you, the American fraternities people are not really violent people as long as you don't needlessly provoke them. They are like ordinary people who likes to get drunk and party and runs a social club. I had tons of fraternity clubs in my university. Unfortunately my university is surrounded by a dangerous neighborhood. It is the random black gangbangers or crack addicted homeless people who are violent and
there was a story that 20 frat bros got ambushed by group of black gang bangers in Buffalo NY. The frat bros don't initiate any sort of violence.

Yes, it seems that the British exchange students are nice, intelligent, well behaved, and friendly. Perhaps those are the more open minded brits that you are talking about. I never been to the UK, one my friends went there for a exchange trip. The British exchange students were mostly male, I didn't get to meet any females. Perhaps the females are not as open minded as their male counterparts..

Just like what you say about the British, I have the same attitude towards Americans. Americans are friendly on the surface but most of them are just selfish, cold, cliquish, lying, close minded, as*holes. I never really fully integrated into American Society. I never really liked their main sport which is American football. It's like Rugby except people wear lot of armor. American Football is so bloody boring but it's like a religion to Americans.

Originally I came from South Korea and became U.S citizen later on. South Koreans are not really accommodating race of people either. They have been Americanized and my country has turned into "Little America" or "America's military base station" because over 30,000 U.S troops are stationed near Seoul. Garbage American influence swept South Korea.

I am glad that you like Spanish people and enjoying yourself under the Spanish sun. I like most Spanish people also, because they are really friendly and accommodating people unlike Americans and South Koreans.
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

@Natural_Born_Cynic I guess you're just going to conveniently leave out the fraternity hazing rituals, the sexual assaults, and the brawling like the only thing that matters is typical street crime offenses like robbery and homicide?
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Outcast9428 wrote:
January 2nd, 2023, 12:22 am
@Natural_Born_Cynic I guess you're just going to conveniently leave out the fraternity hazing rituals, the sexual assaults, and the brawling like the only thing that matters is typical street crime offenses like robbery and homicide?
No I didn't conveniently leave out anything. Universities have an anti-hazing policy now and most fraternities also have an anti hazing policy. If someone report a hazing incident or the hazing victim was injured or killed, they can sue for damages in court and the fraternities will be in big trouble. And the frat bros are not that stupid enough to do sexual assaults and brawling in the streets all the time. They will be in trouble with the law. It's not like they have diplomatic immunity or special privileges or any thing like that. They are just civilians like you and I. And WTF, why the F*ck would Frat bros do robbery and homicide? O.o that's insane and the university would shut the club down and jail the perpetrators if they do that.

That's why back in my university days when I tried to join this frat, DSI or DPI, I don't remember the name, they did just a group interview and did a welcoming party. That was it. No beatings, no force feeding alcohol, Nothing you see on American TV. Unfortunately, I didn't make it in that Frat, my friend did. That was like 10 years ago. I know this British guy who was initiated into the Frat. He said no problem and he was taken care of by the bros because he was a foreigner. Surely they don't want to create an international incident where they beat the sh*t out of a foreign national.

That's my experience so far with them. I am not defending anything. Sometimes the frats are dumb party animals and bit annoying, but I never seen them go way out of the line and behave like the chavs do.
You seem to have a different experience with Frats. I am curious, what was it like?
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

January 2nd, 2023, 7:04 am
Outcast9428 wrote:
No I didn't conveniently leave out anything. Universities have an anti-hazing policy now and most fraternities also have an anti hazing policy. If someone report a hazing incident or the hazing victim was injured or killed, they can sue for damages in court and the fraternities will be in big trouble. And the frat bros are not that stupid enough to do sexual assaults and brawling in the streets all the time. They will be in trouble with the law. It's not like they have diplomatic immunity or special privileges or any thing like that. They are just civilians like you and I. And WTF, why the F*ck would Frat bros do robbery and homicide? O.o that's insane and the university would shut the club down and jail the perpetrators if they do that.

That's why back in my university days when I tried to join this frat, DSI or DPI, I don't remember the name, they did just a group interview and did a welcoming party. That was it. No beatings, no force feeding alcohol, Nothing you see on American TV. Unfortunately, I didn't make it in that Frat, my friend did. That was like 10 years ago. I know this British guy who was initiated into the Frat. He said no problem and he was taken care of by the bros because he was a foreigner. Surely they don't want to create an international incident where they beat the sh*t out of a foreign national.

That's my experience so far with them. I am not defending anything. Sometimes the frats are dumb party animals and bit annoying, but I never seen them go way out of the line and behave like the chavs do.
You seem to have a different experience with Frats. I am curious, what was it like?
It may be illegal but most of them do it anyway. A lot of people on my freshman dorm pledged frats so I heard about a lot of stuff. One guy was coming back to the dorm all the time with bruises all over his back, one time I heard it trailed his spine. Another person told me of a guy laughing about pushing his friend down the stairs. Another frat apparently did get kicked off campus because they were tying pledges up to the ceiling and beating them with paddles. There were also people who would get left out in the forest with no phone and would have to figure out how to get back to campus. Even the business fraternity my roommate initially rushed made him eat and drink a lot of weird stuff. Like he would have to eat a bottle of ketchup and then drink a gallon of milk afterward. My roommate’s frat also did this goldfish swallowing party where they ordered some 1,000 goldfish and people at the party competed to swallow as many of them as they could. That was Delta sigma Phi, apparently that’s a national thing they do. You can look it up.

The point I was making was that they may not be committing typical street crime stuff but they do commit a lot of minor crimes. I saw videos people took of different frats having giant brawls with each other. I also heard about them throwing beer cans at police officers and setting up fight clubs where they bet on who would win. I also saw them vandalizing property sometimes.

Sexual assault is a huge problem on college campuses. Honestly it’s one issue the feminists are absolutely right about. I don’t like them saying all men are potential rapists but the culture of college absolutely does end up encouraging sketchy behavior and sexual assault. I read a statistic that said frat guys commit 3x as many sexual assaults as other students do. In college you are encouraged to grind on the girls without asking or doing anything to obtain some kind of confirmation of consent. And the girls act like you are a p***y if you don’t do this, saying that asking them to dance takes them out of the mood. I was often told by guys and girls alike not to be respectful. And I would see people sending these gross messages to girls on Tinder basically immediately asking to f**k.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Outcast9428 wrote:
January 2nd, 2023, 8:38 am
January 2nd, 2023, 7:04 am
Outcast9428 wrote:

It may be illegal but most of them do it anyway. A lot of people on my freshman dorm pledged frats so I heard about a lot of stuff. One guy was coming back to the dorm all the time with bruises all over his back, one time I heard it trailed his spine. Another person told me of a guy laughing about pushing his friend down the stairs. Another frat apparently did get kicked off campus because they were tying pledges up to the ceiling and beating them with paddles. There were also people who would get left out in the forest with no phone and would have to figure out how to get back to campus. Even the business fraternity my roommate initially rushed made him eat and drink a lot of weird stuff. Like he would have to eat a bottle of ketchup and then drink a gallon of milk afterward. My roommate’s frat also did this goldfish swallowing party where they ordered some 1,000 goldfish and people at the party competed to swallow as many of them as they could. That was Delta sigma Phi, apparently that’s a national thing they do. You can look it up.

The point I was making was that they may not be committing typical street crime stuff but they do commit a lot of minor crimes. I saw videos people took of different frats having giant brawls with each other. I also heard about them throwing beer cans at police officers and setting up fight clubs where they bet on who would win. I also saw them vandalizing property sometimes.

Sexual assault is a huge problem on college campuses. Honestly it’s one issue the feminists are absolutely right about. I don’t like them saying all men are potential rapists but the culture of college absolutely does end up encouraging sketchy behavior and sexual assault. I read a statistic that said frat guys commit 3x as many sexual assaults as other students do. In college you are encouraged to grind on the girls without asking or doing anything to obtain some kind of confirmation of consent. And the girls act like you are a p***y if you don’t do this, saying that asking them to dance takes them out of the mood. I was often told by guys and girls alike not to be respectful. And I would see people sending these gross messages to girls on Tinder basically immediately asking to f**k.
Wow that's really f*cked up. I can see why you have such negative perception with Frats. I guess it really depend on the universities. I went to Rutgers and the Frats were quiet there. Even one of the interviewers said they have an anti hazing policy blah blah blah and they don't condone hazing because they will get in trouble. The school board watches them and frat members are required to maintain a certain GPA and not have criminal charges.. blah blah blah. It was all formal.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

@Natural_Born_Cynic

Hey, today I found out that there is a Mexican subculture similar to chavs too. They're called "chakas". Chakas dress up in designer wear, always have a bum bag/fanny pack (called a "mariconera" in Spanish :lol: ), listen to Cumbiatón (a style similar to Reggaetón), and love to party with booze and drugs. Like the canis and chonis of Spain, I'm under the impression that chakas are nowhere near as rough and hostile as British chavs were back in the day. They just seem like people who like to party and are into certain fashions and music/dance styles. In the video, some of them say that they are studying at university or have their own business. They don't seem like the lumpen council estate creatures which once caused a wave of moral panic throughout the UK. Most of the chakas in the video even come across as friendly and endearing. Even the girls seem quite normal. One of them looks cute and innocent and probably wouldn't be too out of place at a Pokemón convention. British chav girls were totally different. They were all loud and boisterous, used bad language, acted boyish and would often fight.

shogunpanda007
Freshman Poster

Post by shogunpanda007 »

Lucas88 wrote:
January 17th, 2023, 7:34 pm
@Natural_Born_Cynic

Hey, today I found out that there is a Mexican subculture similar to chavs too. They're called "chakas". Chakas dress up in designer wear, always have a bum bag/fanny pack (called a "mariconera" in Spanish :lol: ), listen to Cumbiatón (a style similar to Reggaetón), and love to party with booze and drugs. Like the canis and chonis of Spain, I'm under the impression that chakas are nowhere near as rough and hostile as British chavs were back in the day. They just seem like people who like to party and are into certain fashions and music/dance styles. In the video, some of them say that they are studying at university or have their own business. They don't seem like the lumpen council estate creatures which once caused a wave of moral panic throughout the UK. Most of the chakas in the video even come across as friendly and endearing. Even the girls seem quite normal. One of them looks cute and innocent and probably wouldn't be too out of place at a Pokemón convention. British chav girls were totally different. They were all loud and boisterous, used bad language, acted boyish and would often fight.

Japanese Chicano subculture (When Samurais had Aztec/Mayan baby mamas) = sushi burrito rugrats for "LA RAZA"