Why is the Internet so much more liberal then Real Life?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Why is the Internet so much more liberal then Real Life?

Post by Outcast9428 »

Back when I was in college, I was convinced that conservatism was completely dead, that none of it existed in America anymore and that woke culture was threatening to conquer the United States. Being on a college campus certainly supported this thought process, but I think a big part of it was also the internet. Now that I've been living in my hometown in Virginia for two years though, I have really started to notice how different my hometown is from both my college and the internet as a whole. I have noticed that the internet has very different social norms then real life. It kind of looks like this...

Real life social norms:

- Opposing sexual degeneracy is very acceptable and usually makes people respect you more even if they don't believe in being as strict/judgmental of it as you are.
- Its more acceptable to say that you want a stay at home wife, and that you are trying to be the sole provider for your family.
- Conservatism is defined by nearly everyone as opposition to sexual degeneracy, support for family values, gun rights, capitalist economic policies, religion, the mother being at home while the father is the breadwinner, having lots of kids, and generally supporting a lifestyle of long term planning, order, and stability in your life as opposed to risk taking and pursuit of novelty.
- People in real life have no trouble understanding why I say that Florida is a very liberal state even if it votes Republican. I just tell them "they are fiscal conservatives who don't like woke culture but they are very socially liberal" and they always say "that makes a lot of sense."
-Racial topics are avoided like the plague by most people. When you get to know people, they like making non-serious racial jokes a lot, but serious discussion of racial topics is very taboo.
- People who dislike political correctness, woke culture, or feminism are not considered conservative if they also dislike religion or monogamous social norms. They're considered centrists or "both sides" type fence sitters.
- People seem to think all Republicans are socially conservative.
- Dating a girl who's four or five years younger then you is perfectly normal and nobody acts like its weird.
- People generally believe that girls would be more supporting of monogamous, conservative social norms.

Social norms for the internet:

- Conservatism seems to be exclusively defined by opposing woke/cancel culture, BLM/race ideology, and feminism. No matter how superficial your opposition to it is. Some of the biggest degenerates I've seen will call themselves conservative or traditional. In real life this wouldn't make any sense to most people.
- Being right-wing on racial topics and the jew stuff seems to be much more acceptable then being right-wing on sexual topics. Talking about things like the merits of racemixing or whether it should be opposed or not are completely alien to people in the real world who universally seem to be okay with interracial marriage regardless of how conservative they are. On the internet though, anyone who's more moderate about racial topics gets mercilessly mocked on right-leaning forums. Even outright opposing gender equality seems more acceptable then being right-wing on sexual issues. Somehow, being socially conservative about sex seems to be the most controversial "right-wing opinion" you can have on the internet. In real life on the other hand, that's bread and butter conservatism.
- There's this perception that "its the left who are the puritans now." People are ridiculously obsessed with this idea that feminism won't let them approach women and that they'll get arrested for sexual harassment if they do. I don't hear people in real life talk about that at all.
- I never hear anybody in real life talking about "alpha males and beta males" yet people on the internet are obsessed with the concept.
- If you say you want a cute, stay at home wife, feminists on the internet act like you are the devil incarnate.
- People flip the f**k out over even the most mild age differences imaginable. They even act like a 21 year old guy dating an 18 year old is being creepy.
- People think girls are inherently whores, that truly traditional girls don't exist, that they're all faking it, and secretly they want to be humped and dumped by random dudes all the time. That girls who are capable of staying monogamous in a marriage are practically unicorns. If you only read people's opinions online, you'd think 80-90% of women cheat on their husbands.

In my experience, Florida was more like the Internet is. Especially with the whole "conservatism is defined by opposing woke/cancel culture, BLM, and feminism" as well as the whole "the left are the puritans now." Similar to the internet, Florida people are much more right-wing on racial topics then Virginia is, but they are significantly more liberal regarding sex and family values. Not really so much the age difference stuff, that seems to be the same in Florida.

Is this all a matter of regional variation? Since the internet is a mish mash of people from all over the US, and conservatism seems to mean something a little different in every state. Is the difference between the internet's social norms and social norms I see in real life the differences between my area and the rest of the country or is it a difference between the internet and real life?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Mew6ix
Freshman Poster

Re: Why is the Internet so much more liberal then Real Life?

Post by Mew6ix »

It’s empowering for a female doctor to post nudes, but a man asking her for nudes may be committing a crime.
The internet punishes men for wrong thought while American and Canadian women are free to do whatever they like.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

@Mew6ix, hi bud. Looky here: you talk about Canada overall and Toronto (yes Ottawa is the Ontarian provincial capital of Canada) way too fcking much. You're 7-30 for real for real.

You are so caught up in your psychodribble that you overlook other articles. ...like the one I recent posted about the cam model phenomenon. Tighten your s.hit up, man. Give your hysteria a hysterectomy.
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
September 26th, 2022, 11:19 pm
The type of people who would cry about their non-binary fictional gender identity being disrespected are mostly found online because such people are often too crippled by mental illness to leave their parents houses lol. This is why you find many such creatures online whereas they actively avoid the real world; they are ill equipt to deal with actual face to face interaction. Covid and work from home was probably a God-send to these people.
True, I've practically never met that type of person in real life. Only two people I've ever met were like that, and yes, both of them have severe mental health problems. One of them can't even go down the stairs of his apartment anymore, much less leave the house.
Mew6ix
Freshman Poster

Post by Mew6ix »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
September 26th, 2022, 10:27 pm
@Mew6ix, hi bud. Looky here: you talk about Canada overall and Toronto (yes Ottawa is the Ontarian provincial capital of Canada) way too fcking much. You're 7-30 for real for real.

You are so caught up in your psychodribble that you overlook other articles. ...like the one I recent posted about the cam model phenomenon. Tighten your s.hit up, man. Give your hysteria a hysterectomy.
Canada has an incel and feminist problem.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Mew6ix wrote:
September 27th, 2022, 9:51 am
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
September 26th, 2022, 10:27 pm

Canada has an incel and feminist problem.
I lived there for 2 years.
I was arrested and almost booked at a local Ontario jail. (See U of T story from last week)
I almost married a Canadian female.
I fcuked that Canadian female in public, since first time, never used anything, got her preggers once - had the abortion - she asked me i wanted her to get an abortion, I cucked-up and said it's up to you baby - i'll support your decision praying I have my way and I got my way which is she got the abortion, we only got caught twice exhibiting in public, f***ed next a homeless man on a cloudy day during the day at Toronto City Hall, never accosted by police.
I cheated on her with a Chinese chick from Guangzhou I met at York U. (North York) for a year and neither one of
them knew the other one. Her brother walked in on me doing his sister and still offered me free Pizza Pizza family boxes twice a week for 2 months straight.
I always skipped fare in the TTC subways. Never got arrested. The trolleys...my BRazilian-Canadian ex-fiance gave
me money for that.
I lived in Scarsborough in a recov home - I lied to get a roof over my head - got into arguments nightly.
I lived in the Indian Bazaar in E. Toronto.
I got into a brawl with Lebanese in Guelph and beat all their asses. (Never got arrested, I scrammed)
I lived in at least one homeless shelter in every province adjacent to the 49th Parallel (except in the Maritimes) by lying because they don't house homeless Americans whatsoever.
I fcuked a hot leftist Korean-Canadian 9/10 bareback with the hairiest yield sign ever and she dumped me 2 days later via email saying I fcked her like a weakling - nothing about my dick size though.
I almost got a SIN number through Nigerian-Canadian connections but they chickened out once they saw my face.
(I have a tattle tale face they said...like I'm a good guy no matter what face..that sucked!)

I dealt with so much crap up there, and I still think that you should chill out before you give yourself cardiac arrest.
Sorry if I seem harsh.
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

Mercer wrote:
September 27th, 2022, 3:58 pm
I live in San Francisco. The people here are just as liberal as the internet.
Whenever people describe what California is like to me, it sounds like an alien world.

I remember watching a TV show once where they showed a family of frat boy types. The dad was cheating on his wife with a tranny, and the son was a promiscuous playboy type manwhore. But in the TV show, they called them "a conservative family" just because they were homophobic. And I was like "what the f**k, is this really what Californians think conservative families are like?"

No conservative family in Virginia would let their son be a beer drinking frat boy or act like their son sleeping around with lots of women was something to be proud of. The only families here who do that are liberal families. They let their kids do whatever the hell they want. Conservative families make sure they know what their kids are doing all the time.

Do people in California actually use the terms "beta male" and "alpha male" a lot in real life? Do they act like people who oppose sexual degeneracy are just losers the way internet people do? Practically nobody here has heard of OnlyFans either.

I remember my ex from Florida saying that Virginia felt really conservative and old fashioned to her (as a compliment). To hear her talk about Virginia sounds like me when talking about Hungary or Poland. When I first met her, I remember thinking "she's gonna be disappointed, Virginia is not as conservative as she thinks it is." The longer I was in Florida though, the more I started to understand why she felt like Virginia was very conservative by comparison. A lot of behavior I saw in Florida would never happen in Virginia. Its completely taboo and unacceptable behavior.

People in the South are so much more sane then people in the rest of the country are its ridiculous.