Opinion of this balls shaver advertisement

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Aladdin
Freshman Poster

Opinion of this balls shaver advertisement

Post by Aladdin »

I saw this balls shaver ad on YouTube . I'm curious what people think of the ad. I didn't want to taint the responses so I'll wait for a few comments till I add mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMvLf5jy3Ow
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Opinion of this balls shaver advertisement

Post by MrMan »

Aladdin wrote:
January 5th, 2022, 12:34 am
I saw this balls shaver ad on YouTube . I'm curious what people think of the ad. I didn't want to taint the responses so I'll wait for a few comments till I add mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMvLf5jy3Ow
Why would someone need a trimmer made just for testicle hair? Wouldn't any trimmer do? I skipped around after the video went on for a while. They did touch it and it seems like it might not nick, which is an important product feature. The other feature that would be important is if it made it so that things did not itch or get prickly, if they could figure that out.
Aladdin
Freshman Poster

Post by Aladdin »

I found the ad cringeworthy for a variety of reasons. Aside from finding the ad tasteless and uncomfortable to watch, it left me wondering about the younger generations of Americans. Do they really interact with each other like this in real life? Maybe I'm getting too old for this shit. I'm 62 and I would've considered it unmanly and been embarrassed to talk to my girlfriends at any age about such private matters. In fact they would've been offended. I grew up in countries and an era when males were men, the sheep were scared, and women were feminine. Look at the actors in the ad. The girls are acting like bros and the boys are acting effeminate, particularly the Asian guy; I wanted to slap him real hard. It appears to me society in America has become androgynous, blurring the line between expected male and female behavior. Maybe this ad wouldn't have been so bad if it had all male actors, or all female actors discussing a p***y shaver.

The other thing that annoyed me is the obsession of people with themselves that a ball shaver is selling like hotcakes and makes an appropriate girlfriend to boyfriend Christmas gift for consumerist millenials obsessed with their first world problems. I mean how did men take care of their hairy balls till this ingenious gadget was invented? What will they be advertising next? Gay guys gifting butthole shavers to each other? Guys buying hair removal and feminine hygiene products for their girlfriends? This is something that wouldn't surprise me if it happened in Scandinavian countries.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Here's another advertisement for the same product.

I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
Aladdin
Freshman Poster

Post by Aladdin »

I thought this format for the same product was funny and if I saw the ad airing on a comedy channel for example it would be appropriate and entertaining.