Indonesian Travel Restrictions

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Indonesian Travel Restrictions

Post by MrMan »

My wife flew to Indonesia because there was a death in the family. She was not allowed on the plane until after the time the gate should have closed because she had to fill out a health report online, and she couldn't get it to submit. Her phone had started having a poor connection the day before, and she was getting error messages.

She missed one flight, scheduled on short notice, while trying to get a PCR test. It took me half a day to figure out they wanted a fast version of a PCR test. I kept seeing 48 hour tests online. So we drive 20 minutes from the airport to a place that did half our tests, but missed the flight and had to reschedule online. I am glad I got a flexible ticket for her. You have to have a PCR test (or RT-PCR) 72 hours before a flight.

Someone at the Indonesian airport I called told us if you do not have the shot and arrive in Indonesia without a shot, they quarantine you for five days. If you have the shot, two of them, the quarantine you for three days. They really must not trust those shots. I hear they are changing the rules in January.

My wife somehow got around the quarantine, probably by showing the copy of the death certificate of the relative in question. Travel is crazy right now.