Why does it seem many religious people become nomads/expats?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Archibault
Freshman Poster

Why does it seem many religious people become nomads/expats?

Post by Archibault »

Hey guys,

When I was reading Roosh' forum I noticed some of his target audience where older religious men. Hence, he changed to appeal to that demographic.

Now that I'm reading Winston's forum it seems that many of his audience is religious. Although, it seems Winston, The Contrarian and a few others are non-religious.

Some potential reasons?:
1-As people age they become more religious.
2-Boomers tend to have a high religiosity and we see this here.
3-People who travel might want to have religion as a "safety blanket"
4-Conservative men are more likely to out to find a "wife" than liberal men.
5-Most Americans tend to be very religious hence since we are an English speaking forum most are going to be religious.
6-It seems American leave American for being "too liberal" even though in reality it isn't that liberal rather it is "anti-men" in some areas.

I wonder did travelling reinforce Roosh's view of society? Its interesting because travelling is suppose to make people more open minded. However, as Winston rightly noted the more Roosh travelled the more "close minded" he became! To the point that when Roosh returned to America he moved to a rural area to live in a cottage.
Last edited by Archibault on September 1st, 2021, 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why does it seem many religious people become nomads/expats?

Post by Winston »

Im not sure thats true. There are only a few Christians here: mrman, neo, truthseeker, jester and a few others who no longer post.

Most here are on the fence i think. They may believe in God or a little spirituality. But its not their focus. Their focus is on practical matters like women and financial matters of living abroad. And in drama too. Thats why such threads get all the most replies. But my religion threads get very few replies if any.

I love religion but i am not religious. Religion has always been a hobby of mine because i have always asked where we came from and who created us and why. I've spent many hours pondering those questions. I also enjoy seeing religious architecture and learning about religious customs and practices. Theres a beauty in religious heritage. Like muslim or jewish or indian palaces and architecture in Jerusalem or Mecca or the Taj Mahal. That is part of international culture.

However i consider myself spiritual but not religious. New Agers usually describe themselves that way. It doesnt mean i believe everything in the new age movement. Theres a lot of BS in it of course. But it is more open minded and inclusive and nonjudgmental than Christianity is, that's for sure.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Also most expats ive met were either atheist or agnostic. A few are Christian. But not the fundamentalist Bible thumping type. Just casual and open minded. For example many Catholics now believe in reincarnation even though it isnt official Catholic doctrine. So many Catholics believe in stuff from other religions and some are into Eastern spirituality and meditation too.

Depends where though. Im speaking of expats in the Philippines. But if you went to India im sure the foreigners there are probably into Hinduism and yoga and eastern wisdom and new age.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

You ask a lot of good questions archibault. You must be a natural thinker or philosopher like me. Wow.

What are your religious beliefs if any? Or views on religion? Have most expats you met been religious?

I've met some missionaries here and there too of course. They usually like talking to strangers and sharing their faith.

Archibault
Freshman Poster

Post by Archibault »

Winston wrote:
September 1st, 2021, 1:06 am
You ask a lot of good questions archibault. You must be a natural thinker or philosopher like me. Wow.

What are your religious beliefs if any? Or views on religion? Have most expats you met been religious?

I've met some missionaries here and there too of course. They usually like talking to strangers and sharing their faith.
Thanks Winston. I'm a philosopher, I studied philosophy on my own and took college classes.

I'm a transhumanist. I believe it is a philosophy that only a few people can follow same as with travelling.

I haven't travel that extensively and met expats. I am only basing it on what I've read on the Roosh's forum and a bit here.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

In my experience the more religious people are, the more open-minded they are. No people are more closed-minded than atheists.

Religious people are more likely to dislike the depravity of modern America and leave as a result.
Archibault
Freshman Poster

Post by Archibault »

fschmidt wrote:
September 1st, 2021, 10:19 am
In my experience the more religious people are, the more open-minded they are. No people are more closed-minded than atheists.

Religious people are more likely to dislike the depravity of modern America and leave as a result.
I appreciate the comment. At the same time, how is America depraved? it seems the opposite most of America is prudish except for the television which shows misleading content. Plus the laws tend to be male unfriendly.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Archibault wrote:
September 1st, 2021, 10:49 am
I appreciate the comment. At the same time, how is America depraved? it seems the opposite most of America is prudish except for the television which shows misleading content. Plus the laws tend to be male unfriendly.
The obvious example of depravity is adultery (sex with a married woman and another man). A civilized culture has prostitution and modesty, so that men are not teased and can get sex when needed. America is the exact opposite. Widespread female promiscuity is also a problem since it makes women unsuitable as wives and results in dysgenic fisherian selection.
Archibault
Freshman Poster

Post by Archibault »

fschmidt wrote:
September 1st, 2021, 12:18 pm
Archibault wrote:
The obvious example of depravity is adultery (sex with a married woman and another man). A civilized culture has prostitution and modesty, so that men are not teased and can get sex when needed. America is the exact opposite. Widespread female promiscuity is also a problem since it makes women unsuitable as wives and results in dysgenic fisherian selection.
I see man, I agree with your view.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Archibault wrote:
September 1st, 2021, 12:26 pm
fschmidt wrote:
September 1st, 2021, 12:18 pm
I see man, I agree with your view.
This is the view of the Old Testament. Are you sure you aren't religious (without knowing it)?
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

Liberalism is inherently anti-men. The entire point of liberal ideology is to help women succeed at the expense of men, to empower women to cheat on their boyfriend/husband, to delay marriage for as long as possible and f**k bad boys instead, to encourage men and women to destroy one another's psychological and spiritual health by indulging disgusting kinks and fetishes. My dad had a liberal jewish boss and literally all he did was promote women. He never promoted men. He embarked on a single minded agenda to make sure when he left only women would run the office.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Archibault wrote:
September 1st, 2021, 5:18 am
Winston wrote:

Thanks Winston. I'm a philosopher, I studied philosophy on my own and took college classes.

I'm a transhumanist. I believe it is a philosophy that only a few people can follow same as with travelling.

I haven't travel that extensively and met expats. I am only basing it on what I've read on the Roosh's forum and a bit here.
You are a rare type then. Very few people ask the kind of questions you do. Except for me of course. lol. We must be cut from the same cloth. lol

A transhumanist? Does that mean you believe that A.I. should take over the world and that we should all merge with machine and become cyborg? That is a future prediction in sci fi. How is it a religion? Do you mean you are like Ray Kurzweil? But he's an atheist who seeks life extension through technology. Is that what you want? Why is that a good thing? Wouldn't that remove your soul?

Haven't you been abroad before? If not, how did you get interested in this forum?

Btw, it seems there are no New Agers here except me. Everyone seems to be either Christian or Atheist or Agnostic. Why is that? Why are there no New Agers here? Or posters who are into Eastern Spirituality, besides Jackal of course but he's not around anymore. Or maybe MrPeabody is into alt spirituality too.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Archibault wrote:
fschmidt wrote:

That's a good point. I wondered the same thing. Yes America is prudish. Yet liberals claim America is sexually liberated because anyone can have sex with anyone freely, however that's all in concept not in practice, since flirtation is taboo and people are not open with strangers. Maybe it's prudish for regular guys unless you are alpha or very attractive? Even then it's still a prudish culture.

When we say depraved or degenerate we don't mean sexually necessarily. We mean in terms of moral values. For example, America lacks family values, has lost its Christian values that it had before, promotes tattoos as the norm, lesbianism, gay rights, multiculturalism, anti-white attitude, wants to make whites a minority in America when they should be the dominant majority, etc. All of that is very degenerate. A strong good culture doesn't promote those things. Just watch MTV and you will see what degenerate culture is.

If you watch music videos from the 1970s people looked a lot more normal and wholesome. In the 80s they become more pretentious and fake, you can see it in the music videos of that era.

Archibault
Freshman Poster

Post by Archibault »

Winston wrote:
September 1st, 2021, 2:49 pm
Archibault wrote:
September 1st, 2021, 5:18 am
Winston wrote:

You are a rare type then. Very few people ask the kind of questions you do. Except for me of course. lol. We must be cut from the same cloth. lol

A transhumanist? Does that mean you believe that A.I. should take over the world and that we should all merge with machine and become cyborg? That is a future prediction in sci fi. How is it a religion? Do you mean you are like Ray Kurzweil? But he's an atheist who seeks life extension through technology. Is that what you want? Why is that a good thing? Wouldn't that remove your soul?

Haven't you been abroad before? If not, how did you get interested in this forum?

Btw, it seems there are no New Agers here except me. Everyone seems to be either Christian or Atheist or Agnostic. Why is that? Why are there no New Agers here? Or posters who are into Eastern Spirituality, besides Jackal of course but he's not around anymore. Or maybe MrPeabody is into alt spirituality too.
Exactly, I resonate with your message and agree, that we have similar interests.

Like Ray Kurzweil, I'm a firm believer in life extension. I don't often talk about my beliefs but many in the future I will share my.

Yes, I've been to LATM multiple times. I just never hang out with expats. Mostly since I had friends that I had from different countries.

I don't know much about New Agers.
Archibault
Freshman Poster

Post by Archibault »

Winston wrote:
September 1st, 2021, 2:53 pm
Archibault wrote:
fschmidt wrote:

That's a good point. I wondered the same thing. Yes America is prudish. Yet liberals claim America is sexually liberated because anyone can have sex with anyone freely, however that's all in concept not in practice, since flirtation is taboo and people are not open with strangers. Maybe it's prudish for regular guys unless you are alpha or very attractive? Even then it's still a prudish culture.

When we say depraved or degenerate we don't mean sexually necessarily. We mean in terms of moral values. For example, America lacks family values, has lost its Christian values that it had before, promotes tattoos as the norm, lesbianism, gay rights, multiculturalism, anti-white attitude, wants to make whites a minority in America when they should be the dominant majority, etc. All of that is very degenerate. A strong good culture doesn't promote those things. Just watch MTV and you will see what degenerate culture is.

If you watch music videos from the 1970s people looked a lot more normal and wholesome. In the 80s they become more pretentious and fake, you can see it in the music videos of that era.
I see, I get it. Like a poster said, I think in America is more common for a woman to cheat on a man than for a man to go to a brothel or sex worker with his friends like it happens in other countries. Only in the UK you could have a similar culture.

In general, though I agree it seems Mtv America promotes a lot of things that are harmful for heterosexual men and other groups, for instance, you see men looking like losers or shamed by their women.